Author Topic: Peggy Sagers' Silhouette Patterns & Fabric 6  (Read 98260 times)

Offline Lisa

• Administrator
  • Eastern Nebraska
Peggy Sagers' Silhouette Patterns & Fabric 6
« on: November 15, 2015, 10:01:50 PM »
Hi all!  Time to start a new thread, continuing the discussion from "Peggy Sagers' Silhouette Patterns 5," which will now be locked.

Enjoy! :SGheart:

Lisa
Found: a favorite silver bracelet that I hadn't seen for a while.  On its four quarters it says "Welcome Introspection; Accept Wisdom; Seek Illumination; Embrace Innocence."   It's like a "magic 8-ball" on the wrist...

Offline Morejoy

Re: Peggy Sagers' Silhouette Patterns & Fabric 6
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2015, 12:52:39 AM »
FYI ~ Silhouette Patterns webcast tonight = youtube link:

Silhouette Patterns - Holiday Dressing!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unDYzTO-0ag

Website link:

Live Webcast Airs: November 16th, 2015. 8 pm CST (GMT-6)
Topic: Silhouette Patterns - Holiday Dressing!

http://www.silhouettepatterns.com/html/media/livestreamchannel/index.htm

~Joy~
Bernina 930, Babylock Imagine Serger,
Embellisher, a stash in desperate need
of attack

Offline Sergerqueen

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2015, 01:51:34 AM »
Finally finished and took a photo of my version of Hugo's Cardigan.  Used the same wool fabric Peggy did on her webcast and it's like a sweatercoat!  So cozy!
https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/567/22711113009_a236c9948b_n.jpg[/img]]https://flic.kr/p/AAUoDX

Offline shams

• Communing With Fabric
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2015, 01:28:25 PM »
It looks great, Sergerqueen! This has been a pattern I have been long eyeing.

Offline vtmartha

« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2015, 04:45:39 PM »
Very nice, Sergerqueen!  Thank you for sharing.  Pictures of clothing made from Silhouette patterns are rare, it seems.  Yesterday, I received my POM, the wrap top.  I have not time to inspect it closely but I think it's fair to say that I would never have purchased that pattern from looking at the envelope picture.

Offline Sergerqueen

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2015, 05:18:49 PM »
I know I have trouble visualizing her patterns from the line drawings.  I've been watching the webcasts lately and so enjoy seeing the garments made up.

Offline marciae

• Northern Colorado
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2015, 06:39:46 PM »
Sergerqueen - I like the cardigan.  I've not looked at the pattern.  Yesterday I watched Monday nights video - at the end Peggy said she was going to have some Black Friday/Cyber Monday specials 'early' so we could sew over the holiday weekend.  She'll send out an email
Make no mistake between my personality and my attitude.  My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.
Today I'm doing nothing cuz, I started doing it yesterday and I wasn't finished.  I'm no quitter!

Offline neufy

« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2015, 07:19:10 PM »
She also said that on cyber Monday her elastic, and inter facings will be on sale.  I am sure she said 50% off!

Offline marciae

• Northern Colorado
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2015, 08:01:10 PM »
I bought a big roll of elastic several years ago - the 2in.  I use it most of the time.  I use LC's if I'm doing the oneseams but other than that I use Peggy's.  The fact that you can cut it is especially nice!
Make no mistake between my personality and my attitude.  My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.
Today I'm doing nothing cuz, I started doing it yesterday and I wasn't finished.  I'm no quitter!

Offline mfedna

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2015, 11:50:56 PM »
Serger queen, I am not able to see the flicker photos, the link is broken. iS your fabric the same as the top she wore in her recent webcast? Hers looked lightweight, but you mentioned a sweatercoat.hers looked like a jersey. I am going to check it out. The shell was 195, I believe the top was a wrap top...is,that correct?

Offline Karendee

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2015, 03:03:49 AM »
You look great in your post, Sergerqueen. Love the orange top with your hair.

Karendee

Offline rebells

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2015, 04:01:03 PM »
Finally finished and took a photo of my version of Hugo's Cardigan.  Used the same wool fabric Peggy did on her webcast and it's like a sweatercoat!  So cozy!
https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/567/22711113009_a236c9948b_n.jpg[/img]]https://flic.kr/p/AAUoDX

Which wool fabric did you use?  I looked on her site but didn't recognize it.

Offline Linda 75142

• Seams Well Blog
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2015, 08:45:24 PM »
Linda T

"The past is history, tomorrow's a mystery, today is a gift; that's the reason they call it the present." --Mike Ditka

www.seamswell.blogspot.com

Offline rebells

« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2015, 03:54:45 PM »
Thank you.  The picture of your cardigan looks gold on my screen.  No wonder I couldn't find it!  In the picture it looks like you used a different fabric for the collar, or is that a scarf?  As you can tell, I really like your sweater. 

Offline Sergerqueen

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2015, 07:37:00 PM »
Thank you all for your comments on my Hugos' Cardigan. Peggy showed this in her 9/28/15 webcast called "Fall Forecast 2015."  It does have a contrasting neckband which Peggy made out of washable lambskin.  I made mine out of a black wool doubleknit.  It has been a great sweatercoat for brisk Fall days and is so cozy.  I had extra fabric and made a cowl infinity scarf to wear with my winter coat.

Offline Morejoy

« Reply #15 on: December 10, 2015, 04:24:41 PM »
Gee, just read a sad email from Peggy Sagers.  Those who watch her webcasts are familiar
with Brett .. her right hand tech guy for these programs .. not sure if he is one of her sons.

A little rain...actually a tsunami...

Brett has been diagnosed with Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma. We are optimistic and want to
thank you all for your kinds words of support as he emerges through this cancer.

Prayers for his successful treatment and healing.

~Joy~
of attack

Offline KarenR

« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2015, 05:02:58 PM »
I teared up when I read this. Another friend's husband has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's and the going is pretty rough right now. I feel so bad for people going through things like this. I am so lucky. A couple of my kids are deserving of some lumps of coal in their stockings right now but I feel so blessed that they, DG, Batmanthecat, my most loved ones are all in good health. I think we'd all endure what our kids have to go through, especially things like this, to protect them.

That said I also saw that the jacket sewalong that was postponed has been rescheduled for this Sunday and is a fundraiser for Toys For Tots.
Karen

Don't let things happen to you. Make things happen.

Offline Morejoy

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2015, 03:54:33 AM »
I know, Karen .. that's so tough.  Just a bit of research reveals he very likely is
her son.  We never know when we or a loved one will be struck with something
scary and the stress and fear it brings. Peggy, praying for Brett and you all...
strength, wise docs, faith .. you are strong and so appreciated.  God bless you all.

~Joy~
of attack

Offline Debbie S

• Living in northwest Missouri
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2015, 04:18:12 AM »
Praying for Brett's fast recovery.  Not that it matters, I think Brett is her nephew, again not that it matters, he is family.
Deb

Life is not a dress rehearsal.

Offline Celia

• UK
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2015, 09:06:25 AM »
I had not seen the rescheduled sew along did she send an email or just post on the website, I am going to miss it I hope maybe she will record it.

Offline vtmartha

« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2015, 10:43:28 AM »
She sent an email on the 2nd, Celia.  I took from her email that he was part of her Silhouette Patterns family, not necessarily a member of the Sagers clan.  He obviously means a lot to her.

Offline KarenR

« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2015, 02:42:28 PM »
I saw it on the webpage and facebook. Brett is her son, he's been doing the webcast filming.
Karen

Don't let things happen to you. Make things happen.

Offline Linda 75142

• Seams Well Blog
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2015, 11:27:00 PM »
I saw it on the webpage and facebook. Brett is her son, he's been doing the webcast filming.

If my memory is correct, he is the oldest of her 4 sons.
Linda T

"The past is history, tomorrow's a mystery, today is a gift; that's the reason they call it the present." --Mike Ditka

www.seamswell.blogspot.com

Offline daisy

« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2015, 04:46:58 PM »
I read that too and am so sad.  I don't know how she is going to do the jacket sew a long this Sunday.  I'm not sure I would.   

Celia, she is recording it.  It will be available on youtube. 

Offline sewsy

« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2015, 01:27:27 AM »
Got the email that Peggy is doing the sewalong videocast this Sunday, 1p.m. Central time. Looking forward to it.

Offline boppingbeth

« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2015, 01:11:31 PM »
Sometimes holding onto the familiar routines helps with the panic and gives people hope in the midst of crisis. 

Offline sewsy

« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2015, 11:40:13 PM »
It was a lovely webcast. In the beginning, Peggy and Brett thanked everyone for their prayers and warm wishes. I was busy cooking, washing and sewing while I watched, so I didn't get to see everything, but I was so glad to see the fierce love she has for her son. It reminded me of something that a father said about his child: "My son is your son."

God Bless Peggy, Brett and the entire Silhouette Patterns family. Praying for you all.

Offline shams

• Communing With Fabric
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2015, 03:15:42 AM »
I've just watched the first bit, so far, but it had me crying. It was so nice to finally see Brett after hearing his name for so long. All the best to him.

Offline Celia

• UK
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2015, 08:42:51 AM »
Thank you for letting me know it is recorded on you tube, I have just watched the first part and I have to say she is a very brave lady.  I hope she can feel all the love and good feeling sent to her and her family from all around the world.

Offline sewsy

« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2015, 11:14:22 AM »
I've just watched the first bit, so far, but it had me crying. It was so nice to finally see Brett after hearing his name for so long. All the best to him.

Seeing Peggy crying, I cried too Shams.  She's a brave lady. All the best to him, indeed.

Offline daisy

« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2015, 01:04:49 PM »
Yep.  Me too.  I started watching it a few minutes ago.  I had to stop because I was crying.  I was so happy to see Brett finally too!  He has had a huge impact on Peggy's webcasts all along the way.  It seems to me that he has been the one to keep her progressing technologically.  I appreciated his words as well.  Very touching.  And Peggy is so right.  Many of us have traveled this journey too.  Cancer has touched everyone's lives at some point, I think.  If not us, then someone close to us.  I will go back and watch the rest of it after I compose myself.  I am really trying to get some things done for Christmas, so I may not go back to it until after that.  I have learned so much from Peggy that I apply to the patterns I make for children too.  I don't think I would have returned to sewing if I hadn't stumbled across her and her fitting knowledge.  I was at an impasse with fitting myself and was very frustrated.  I came across Peggy and following her knowledge, I can honestly say that problem has been solved!  What a relief.  I owe her a debt of gratitude.  And I can't thank Brett enough for insisting on posting that chart of measurements on their site.  I use it and it makes everything so much simpler.

I wish the best for Brett and the whole Silhouette family.  They are in my thoughts and prayers.   

Offline darlae

« Reply #31 on: December 25, 2015, 04:21:07 AM »
I was wondering if any one is watching the Silhouette DVDs and using Windows 10.   I just discovered that I am unable to watch the DVDs on my machine but I'm not sure what app to try.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Darla
Darla in PA

Offline darlae

« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2015, 03:57:04 PM »
Just an update.  We finally located a freebie DVD player  - VLC Media Player.  It seems to work very well with my system.  My system has an external dvd player and all the media players originally installed on the machine would not acknowledge the media on that drive. 
Darla in PA

Offline sdBev

• sdBev
« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2015, 02:07:05 AM »
Just an update.  We finally located a freebie DVD player  - VLC Media Player.  It seems to work very well with my system.  My system has an external dvd player and all the media players originally installed on the machine would not acknowledge the media on that drive.
that's the program I used on Windows 7 and 8 systems. It's reassuring to know VLC is stable on Win10 too.  I dont plan to upgrade until I'm forced which is usually with a new computer.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 03:01:48 AM by sdBev »
sdBev
blog: http://sdbev.wordpress.com/
Always hopeful the next pant pattern will be perfect.

I must be nuts.  Now learning IPAD Pro IOS10.1

Offline Sewingagain

« Reply #34 on: December 30, 2015, 03:00:04 AM »
Like everyone my prayers go to Peggy and Brett and their family.  I don't want to bother them so I'm asking a question here.  Maybe I've just missed the info in my online searches but does anyone know the topics included in Series 500 that goes off the sale price this weekend?