Stitcher's Guild Reloaded

Advanced search  

News:

Feeling a little lost here on the "Reloaded" board?  All the old threads are still available on SG Classic, including the ever popular "Forum Decorum" thread; a huge variety of mini tutorials and how-tos for making SG's format work for you.
http://artisanssquare.com/sg_classic/index.php/topic,124.0.html

Author Topic: September is soup-up your sewing room month :-)  (Read 14748 times)

Sew Ruthie Sews

• Paid Member
Re: September is soup-up your sewing room month :-)
« Reply #175 on: March 24, 2018, 06:41:11 PM »

https://www.scrapstoresuk.org/scrapstore-locations/scrapstores-directory

In the UK, not actually tried donating yet though.

Helen M

• Paid Member
« Reply #176 on: March 24, 2018, 07:07:44 PM »

Lisanne I wish there was! I'll maybe see if there are any up in Newcastle where my Mum is.
Sewing in Cheshire

[/url]

Ann

• Paid Member
    • Everything Sewing
« Reply #177 on: March 24, 2018, 07:14:25 PM »

I know that Value Village took fabric when I was purging our house. I'm not sure if they are in the UK though. I would ask thrift/charity shops if they would take it as someone might want to buy it from them.

I spent over an hour trying to get my serger to stitch more balanced. I tried everything and finally hauled out the manual. One of the loopers wasn't fully threaded and I have a small part I move to do a rolled hem. It wasn't back in the normal position. When both of those were rectified, the serger is now serging nicely.

Ann
« Last Edit: March 24, 2018, 07:20:53 PM by Ann »
Education is a journey not a race.

http://everythingsewing.blogspot.ca/

JuneBug

• Paid Member
« Reply #178 on: July 10, 2018, 11:41:45 PM »

I'm starting early this year as I'm still in the midst of sorting/bolting/shelving the stash, but have just been given a magnificent 7' long L shaped desk.   :applause2:   It has very large surfaces and I can have two machines set up at a time, on different legs of the L, with additional space for the computer, and still have extra surface space.  It has felt lined drawers with adjustable dividers for scissors and such.   I'm very excited  :run:  It will not fit efficiently in the bedroom I am currently using as the sewing room, so I'm switching back to the loft for sewing.  I switched from sewing in the loft to the bedroom several years ago to take advantage of the large windows in the bedroom, but DH says we can put up some extra lights in the loft.

DM said we will have our own personal fabric shop with the stashes (we each have our own :rotfl: ), patterns, notions, and my other craft supplies in the smaller room.  School starts 6 weeks from today, so I have a personal deadline for most of it to be done before the annual event begins.  Wish me luck.  Some of these tasks were started more than a couple years ago.

Elephun

• Paid Member
« Reply #179 on: July 11, 2018, 01:00:50 AM »

That sounds wonderful, Junebug!

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6   Go Up

Fabric Mart Fabrics Style Arc Sewing Patterns Put Your Ad Here
Put Your Ad Here Put Your Ad Here Put Your Ad Here