Author Topic: Wm. Booth, Draper  (Read 1846 times)

Offline LibrarianAtWork

Wm. Booth, Draper
« on: September 29, 2009, 08:49:10 PM »
I happened on the website purely by chance. Has anyone else seen it or ordered from Wm. Booth? It looks interesting, not just for historical reenactors but for anyone wanting natural fiber fabrics that look old-fashioned.
Linda
ETA  Whoops, forgot to post the URL  ::)

http://www.wmboothdraper.com/index.html
« Last Edit: September 29, 2009, 08:53:11 PM by LibrarianAtWork »

Offline artsyfartsystitchwitch

Re: Wm. Booth, Draper
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2009, 02:27:39 AM »
I think I've purchased from them at Mississeniwa 1812!!!!  they 're not the ones I bought a yard of this absolutley GORGEOUS pinky-salmony- corally wool - it's going to become a longer straight skirt!!!  Mountain man & black powder & Revolutionary War re-enactments & gatherings are WONDERFUL places to find natural fiber fabrics.  I've found several pieces of really nice wools - the garments usually take more than a yard & when they get down to the last yard or so on a bolt, they'll usually give you a good discount, & it will be enough for a skirt or even a jacket.

Abbie

Offline LibrarianAtWork

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2009, 04:26:15 PM »
Abbie, are you an historical re-enactor? I was astounded at how many events are listed just for the Great Lakes states. ( I didn't know there was a battle fought in Indiana in the War of 1812.  :o) This is a bigger pastime than I imagined. I guess that's why there is a place for a niche business like Wm. Booth.

Offline ejvc

• Machine-Knitting Cryptographer and Plan-Bot
  • Me about age 2
    • The Fabulous Dr E's Fabulous Blog
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2009, 07:10:05 PM »
I love the fabric selection they have!
My blog is at http://ejvc.wordpress.com

Sewing and machine knitting in Karlstad, Sweden!

Offline artsyfartsystitchwitch

« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2009, 11:07:25 PM »
Librarian - no, I'm not a re-enactor, but a custom clothier & many re-enactors don't sew, so I've done some work for them.  I dated a guy who was involved with the American Mountain Man organization.  I always try to go to 1812 for the food!!  They have a vendor who sells homemade rootbeer - which is HEAVEN!!!  Then there's the frybread, which I wait all year for!!!

Abbie

Gorgeous Fabrics Fabric Mart Fabrics