This is the third "fix" on these $3 shoes. The first was a simple nail polish fill and buff on the damaged heels and a good general cleaning. The second was a nail polish touch up of nicked toes. The third, and I hope final, was the result of accidentally splashing nail polish remover on the toe of the non nicked shoe. I didn't have anything that looked good to cover it with so I painted lace with both copper and gold acrylic, used blue tape for sharp lines and glued the lace in place. Once it dried, I top coated it with a touch of copper to give the larger lace holes a more uniform look. When that was thoroughly dry, I gave the lace a protective clear nail polish coating.