Author Topic: Sewing Lessons  (Read 2414 times)

Offline Diane in WV

Sewing Lessons
« on: February 25, 2017, 05:23:38 PM »
I was taking some lessons from a good teacher. I quit, just for a while,I have to organize what I should sew first, it's basically , anything you want, which doesn't help if you are confused. The confusion is just due to MS, I'm working on it. I will go back just as soon as I get some sort of organized PLAN together, not just, oh class, I must grab a pattern and fabric. That's how I ended up with a hot pink and muted pink (different fabrics, I ran out, it worked, different fabric for the godets). But WHERE WOULD I WEAR A HOT PINK party type SKIRT? and don't tell me to dye my hair pink and just wear it, LOL (I saw a lady, in a motorized wheel chair, with hot pink hair. Good for her, but it's not me. The way I walk, I'd rather blend in and not stick out.
  I am planning on trying to get organized, but first I need (well, want) to finish reading one of our members' blogs. I only have two more years to go (I had to start at the beginning). It's not as fast as here, because she will mention something that I just HAVE TO check out, and she posts you tubes (my computer is slow, but I save some, some I don't).
   I'm not blaming her for me to go way off track (yes I am, and thankful for the stuff I'm learning, but still, it keeps me from getting to the end fast, LOL).
  Anyway,right now, I got sidetracked by somebody she posted about, a teacher and writer:

http://whileshenaps.com/2015/10/why-i-teach-sewing.html

Wish I could go.  I have several (well, all but Viking ) machines I am abit afraid of. Some are very old, some are new.
  And I am working my way through a book I bought (which may bore experienced sewers, but I like it)
  https://www.amazon.com/How-Start-Sewing-Assembil-Books/dp/1533604584/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1488043100&sr=1-1&keywords=How+to+start+sewing

So, that's what I'm up to as well as starting to go for walks.
Let's talk about math

Offline Diane in WV

Let's talk about math