Stitcher's Guild Reloaded

Advanced search  

News:

To purchase a gift subscription for another member, please send a private message to DragonLady, telling her who you would like to gift, so permission can be obtained before you send any money.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Style Arc Patterns  (Read 42474 times)

Helen M

• Paid Member
Re: Style Arc Patterns
« Reply #315 on: April 04, 2018, 06:23:10 PM »

There are 2 new patterns out for April, 1 of them is available for as a Freebie from the StyleArc site as either a PDF or a printed pattern.

First up is the Ariana sundress and the other is Miley woven top with a hem and sleeve flounce. The Miley is one of the 2 freebies for this month.

Not sure our climate calls for the rather nice sundress but I quite like the Miley top.
Sewing in Cheshire

sdBev

• Paid Member
    • sdBev
« Reply #316 on: April 04, 2018, 09:23:42 PM »

Pass on Arianna I like bra strap friendly.  However Miley is cute and possible. I like the small flounce and the tie.  Would probably replace the tie with elastic.  Had a blouse that tied up like that. hated it.  Tie would come undone and Id be in the bathroom fussing with my accutrouments.  Even worse was ironing.  Had to be untied and pulled straight, at which point ties were nearly swallowed up by their channels.  So wouldnt use the ties unless purely decorative with elastic permanently gathering.  Cute though.  Worth a thought.

....think Ill pin it....
sdBev

Helen M

• Paid Member
« Reply #317 on: April 04, 2018, 10:08:14 PM »

Bev that's a really good idea for replacing the tie, otherwise as you say they'd get everywhere!
Sewing in Cheshire

sdBev

• Paid Member
    • sdBev
« Reply #318 on: April 05, 2018, 02:23:10 AM »

Bev that's a really good idea for replacing the tie, otherwise as you say they'd get everywhere!
Thank you helen. I know I am not a true fashionista.  I dont like to fuss with my clothing.  I like to get dressed; go out in the world and place my attention on the people around me. 

I definitely don't fit in to what looks to me as a self-obsessed generation.
sdBev

mudcat (SWAP Coordinator)

• Paid Member
  • Sonoran Desert / subtropical
« Reply #319 on: April 05, 2018, 04:01:13 AM »

When I saw the Miley in the email I didn't think I liked it but looking on the SA web site I kind of do.  Finally a sleeve treatment I can get behind.  I might take it for a freebie as I'm interested in both the Parker and the Teddy by Two outfits. I seem to be a sucker for SA outfits.  I already have the Lotti. I'm almost sure it was a freebie a long time ago.

I like the way the ties look but they are a hassle especially when washing hands or doing dishes and such.  I'm also not really much for sleeves in general. I prefer sleeveless or 3/4 sleeves.  I wonder how the Miley would look at 3/4 length?

Helen M

• Paid Member
« Reply #320 on: April 05, 2018, 09:54:32 AM »

I was wondering about a 3/4 sleeve option as well Mudcat.
Sewing in Cheshire

Helen M

• Paid Member
« Reply #321 on: April 11, 2018, 10:30:41 AM »

Not sure if everyone got the email offering 25% off these patterns for World Health Day

It continues until Saturday and you can also claim one of the Freebies. I think you also get VAT off the price shown on the 'Sale' page as my total was very reasonable, and the exchange rate for the UKú/AUS$ is once again becoming favourable.

I chose the Besharl top (+ Miley freebie), I think I'll straighten out the front seams but I fancied the extended shoulder style rather than a sleeve to wear under a lightweight cardigan.
Sewing in Cheshire

angelsweb

• Paid Member
« Reply #322 on: April 11, 2018, 05:29:51 PM »

Thank you helen. I know I am not a true fashionista.  I dont like to fuss with my clothing.  I like to get dressed; go out in the world and place my attention on the people around me. 

I definitely don't fit in to what looks to me as a self-obsessed generation.

I hate fussing with my clothing too. That's why I'm taking a pass on most of the fussy sleeve details this season ... but the Miley is kinda cute.

I think that moving my attention from attention-getting clothes to clothes that don't get in the way of interacting with others has come with age. Two cancer diagnoses, plus losing my Mom and sister to cancer in a year-and-a-half, have reminded me that I need to focus on those I love and less on what clothes I'm wearing at the moment.

That said, I'm sure I was pretty self-obsessed with clothing when I was younger ... after all, I started college as a fashion and retailing major.

Angelia

Helen M

• Paid Member
« Reply #323 on: April 19, 2018, 02:14:01 PM »

Maybe you could leave the frill off from the bottom of the sleeve Angelia? I have short arms and gauging the correct length is always a problem unless it's just a plain hem.

There is a new mid month pattern on the website today Meghan Jacket. I like it because it's a waterfall without the droopy hem which I don't care for. I square them off on things I've made in that style.

I think I'd make the sleeves plain as well.
Sewing in Cheshire

Bookish

• Paid Member
« Reply #324 on: May 15, 2018, 09:55:12 PM »

I'm having fun with the Lacey dress... just right for a summer easy to wear.  It has a similar construction to the Ada top but with less straight up and down seams.  I've tweaked it a bit and need to do a bit more but since it can be made either with knits or wovens, I can see this being a really useful pattern for tops as well as dresses.  ;D

Helen M

• Paid Member
« Reply #325 on: May 16, 2018, 10:22:20 AM »

Thanks for recommendation Bookish. I have that pattern and plan to make it this summer.

Style Arc has a sale of 'warmer items' on its site until Sunday. Link here sale
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 09:59:08 PM by Helen M »
Sewing in Cheshire

Bookish

• Paid Member
« Reply #326 on: May 16, 2018, 09:04:37 PM »

Lacey Dress, cont.
I lengthened the top (thank you Nancy Zieman) and did a trial run with some pieces of very lightweight rayon jersey.  Yay!  It worked very well.  The seaming supports the jersey which I like as that lightweight rayon has a tendency to droop most unbecomingly.  This pattern is definitely a keeper!

Now mind you, I had a stack of chores to do, but this was much more satisfying. ;D
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Up

Fabric Mart Fabrics Style Arc Sewing Patterns Put Your Ad Here
Put Your Ad Here Put Your Ad Here Put Your Ad Here