• Welcome to Stitcher's Guild Reloaded. Please login or sign up.
December 13, 2019, 08:32:48 pm

News:

If you have any trouble, or anything doesn't seem to be working properly, email DragonLady: dl@artisanssquare.com for assistance.

Not receiving notifications...

Started by nancyqw, April 10, 2017, 09:13:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

nancyqw

I'm hoping someone can help me here.  Ever since SG has switched to the new platform, I am not receiving notifications.  There are several threads that I have marked "notify", but I am not receiving them.  The only thing I am getting notifications on is if someone adds a new thread to one of the boards.  What do I need to check/ change in my settings to get this fixed?

KarenDee

Nancy, I dont know the answer, but the same tthing happens to me. I have to go back to my former posts etc. and then I still dont think I receive every thread.

Karendee

Lisa

Quote from: nancyqw on April 10, 2017, 09:13:53 am
I'm hoping someone can help me here.  Ever since SG has switched to the new platform, I am not receiving notifications.  There are several threads that I have marked "notify", but I am not receiving them.  The only thing I am getting notifications on is if someone adds a new thread to one of the boards.  What do I need to check/ change in my settings to get this fixed?

Probably best to post this sort of thing on the "Site News and Announcements" board.  Once you've replied to this, I'll split these two posts out and move them there. ;) ;D

In the meantime, let's check a few things.  Since there are at least two of you, I'll go ahead and mention things that might be a problem for someone else, if not you.

1.  Check your email address in your profile.  Is it correct?  Nancy, you said you're getting some notifications, just not all the ones you want, so this isn't your problem.  Karen,  I'm not sure if you're getting some (but not all) or none.  If none, please confirm whether your email address is correct...

2.  Are emails with notifications ending up in your spam filter?  Try a search using the name of a thread you've subscribed to, to check.

3.  Each of you should check the notification settings in your profile:  Click the "Profile" link in the row near the top of each page, (Home, Help, Search, Profile, etc.), then put your cursor over "Modify Profile" which will show you a drop-down menu.  Click "Notifications" in the drop-down menu.

3A.  Both of you are currently set up to get notifications "instantly - but only for the first unread reply."  This may not be the choice you want.  Click the dropdown menu next to that selection and see if one of the other choices is a better match to what you want.  If so, select that choice, then click the "Save Settings" button.

3B.  You are each subscribed to a number of threads...please check the list and see if it is correct.  You can tick the box to the right of a thread (or board) on that page and click the "Unnotify" button at the bottom of the list for threads (or boards).

Let me know if that helps at all.  If not, we'll need to pass the problem along to DL.  And that's why we'll break this discussion out and put it in the Site News & Announcements section so that she'll see it promptly.

Let me know! ;) ;D

Lisa

nancyqw

Thanks Lisa - I will check the things that you listed that I have not yet checked already.  And of course, today I received 3 notifications!

KarenDee

Thanks Lisa, i checked all of my boards for none were checked on the right. Hopefully, I wont need to search so much for topics, for I read most of them. All of the other info was correct. I dont necessarily need notification on my emails as much as seeing the topics to read each night as I do.

Thanks so much for fooling with this, Lisa.

Karendee

DragonLady

I believe there are still problems on this server regarding emails, as I swear I'm not receiving all of mine. :(

Sometimes I suddenly get about two dozen in a batch from other forums, or from companies that usually send emails out pretty regularly, then it will be days before I receive more.

Further, for some reason, many of the ones I send out are being marked "bulk" or "spam" when someone replies, so I suspect a lot are being shunted into the black holes of spam filters and simply deleted by some ISPs before they ever reach the intended the recipients, and that likely goes both ways -email being sent to me, and email being sent from me via the boards.

The road to our success is always under construction.
If you should have any trouble with any aspect of the forums, just email me: dl@artisanssquare.com

Buy a Subscription Now to participate in all of our great discussions! Less than .75ยข per week for all-you-can-eat access. :)  Gift Subscriptions are available, too; just message me for assistance anytime.

Visit my Etsy shop for gorgeous buttons, craft, & sewing supplies:<br />https://www.etsy.com/shop/RoadsideAttractions