• Welcome to Stitcher's Guild Reloaded. Please login or sign up.
August 25, 2019, 09:42:54 am

News:

If you have any trouble, or anything doesn't seem to be working properly, email DragonLady: dl@artisanssquare.com for assistance.

Singer buttonhole foot wanted

Started by kushami, February 23, 2017, 08:57:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

kushami

February 23, 2017, 08:57:00 pm Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 09:19:54 pm by kushami
I am looking for part Simanco 161455, a buttonhole foot for c. 1950s sewing machines.

If you have one you would be willing to sell, please let me know. (I am in Australia.)

By the way, there is a photo of the foot here:
www.singersewinginfo.co.uk/simanco/161455/

I am looking for this for my grandma's 306K. I am not sure whether she never had a buttonhole foot, or whether it has been lost. I have inherited a bunch of more obscure feet, so perhaps it was lost.

Lisanne

I think I remember there was one of the feet in Sewsy's photo with my hand crank Singer, which was only straight stitch.  It was a long time ago, but I think that was for something like sewing hems or binding of a constant width.
Does this bring you joy, calm, confidence  :D  if not, try something else.

https://sewingplums.com - comments on wardrobes, patterns, style, fit
https://uk.pinterest.com/sewingplums/ - style images
https://aimforquality.wordpress.com - good basic sewing techniques
https://easyjackets.wordpress.com - no need for tailoring, unless you want to
https://helpwithsewingpatterninstructions.wordpress.com/2017/03/01/first-blog-post/ - Peggy Sagers sew-alongs

Morgan

have a look here through all sorts of Singer feet and attachments, including some different types of buttonholers

Attachment Reviews

Pina

Quote from: kushami on February 23, 2017, 08:57:00 pm
I am looking for part Simanco 161455, a buttonhole foot for c. 1950s sewing machines.

If you have one you would be willing to sell, please let me know. (I am in Australia.)

I am looking for this for my grandma's 306K. I am not sure whether she never had a buttonhole foot, or whether it has been lost. I have inherited a bunch of more obscure feet, so perhaps it was lost.

I have a Singer 319K and may have the foot.  ;D

Singer 161455..........Special purpose foot for zig zag Singer sewing machines. Low Shank. Do your satin stitching and applique with this foot. Small eyelets on front of foot can hold a filler cord for decorative work. Good condition. Marked 161455 Singer. This is a used part and in good condition.

kushami

Quote from: Morgan on February 24, 2017, 12:48:33 pm
have a look here through all sorts of Singer feet and attachments, including some different types of buttonholers

Attachment Reviews

Thank you - good resource!

kushami

Quote from: sewsy on February 24, 2017, 10:28:46 am
Is this it: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Sewing-Machine-Attachments-Singer-Simanco-Foot-/322431654724?hash=item4b126c9b44:g:gIMAAOSwtfhYm8~O

Hello Sewsy,
Wow! That is a funny looking one - sewing feet are so mysterious on first glance. I'm afraid that isn't it, but I think Pina has spotted it below.
Cheers, Sarah

kushami

Quote from: Pina on February 24, 2017, 02:08:45 pm
Quote from: kushami on February 23, 2017, 08:57:00 pm

I have a Singer 319K and may have the foot.  ;D

Singer 161455..........Special purpose foot for zig zag Singer sewing machines. Low Shank. Do your satin stitching and applique with this foot. Small eyelets on front of foot can hold a filler cord for decorative work. Good condition. Marked 161455 Singer. This is a used part and in good condition.

Thank you, Pina! That is your Etsy shop?

kushami

Pina

Quote from: kushami on February 25, 2017, 04:10:11 pm

kushami,I looked online for the Singer part # 161455 presser foot you wanted. I don't have an Etsy shop.  ;)
I have a lot of vintage Singer attachments and presser feet,(more than one of the same kind ;D)),for my old sewing machines. I found them at local area thrift stores. 

kushami

Quote from: Pina on February 26, 2017, 04:05:06 pm
Quote from: kushami on February 25, 2017, 04:10:11 pm

kushami,I looked online for the Singer part # 161455 presser foot you wanted. I don't have an Etsy shop.  ;)
I have a lot of vintage Singer attachments and presser feet,(more than one of the same kind ;D)),for my old sewing machines. I found them at local area thrift stores.

Ah, I see. Unfortunately that Etsy shop doesn't ship to Australia. I will keep looking!

Pina

February 26, 2017, 09:57:55 pm #11 Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 10:11:19 am by Pina
Hi kushami,have you considered placing a "wanted" ad on Australian eBay ?  Wanted - vintage Singer presser foot part # 161455. 

Please note ......the US eBay sale Ended: Feb 23, 2017 US $4.99 - Singer 161455 Sewing Machine Attachment, Zig Zag Presser Foot, Low Shank.

If I find more than only 1 vintage Singer presser foot part # 161455 in my vintage sewing machine "treasure containers" - not trash containers  ;D -  I let you know. You may find the Singer presser foot part # 161455 somewhere else before I have time to look through all the containers -  hidden out of the way in nooks and crannies.  ;)    ;D

US $10.99 - vintage Singer presser foot part # 161455 here.

The price isn't bad,considering how much money other people want for old Elna presser feet or Singer,and I don't even want to mention old style Bernina presser feet.

When old sewing machines follow me home,including Berninas,(I like tinker with until they work well again),I always add vintage Bernina and other presser feet I have more than only one of,before I donate the old working well again sewing machines to a non profit place. Once in awhile I sell them to get money to buy other old sewing machines.And I kept some of those sewing machines for myself too.   ;D

misschris

Contact Cyndy Kitt in NSW. She has lots of vintage parts and accessories.
Melbourne, Australia

Pina

Quote from: misschris on February 27, 2017, 12:50:53 am

misschris,very good suggestion !  :)
Cyndy Kitt used to share on SG.

kushami

Quote from: misschris on February 27, 2017, 12:50:53 am

Will do - I was just trying to find her website again the other day as I also need a treadle belt!