• Welcome to Stitcher's Guild Reloaded. Please login or sign up.
January 27, 2021, 11:59:31 am

News:

To reply to a private message, you must login to the forums and use the messaging system.  If you attempt to answer the email notification, it just bounces to me.

Treefrog's Algebra SWAP Redux

Started by treefrog, January 02, 2021, 04:45:46 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

treefrog

My SWAP is based on the Algebra SWAP formula.  I find thinking in terms of smaller groupings, or 'looks' makes it easier for me to put together a co-ordinated set. It also ticks off most of my garment needs al the moment - jeans, summer pants, hiking set and to use a couple of shirting fabrics that I didn't get to last year.

Inspiration looks

Full details are on my blog, but this is the structure.
  • "3 pack" of Color(s) A (3 garments) - This will be blues - denim + the floral rayon
  • "3 pack" of Color(s) B (3 garments) - This will be naturals - embroidered voile, linen pants and a stripe T
  • "Combo Pack" of Colors A & B (2 garments) - An eyelet voile and cotton sateen
  • "3 pack" of Wild Cards - Hiking group with a linen shirt, drawstring pants & more technical pair of hiking pants

I'm also considering a hiking SWAP, which I'll work on over the course of the year.

treefrog

January 02, 2021, 05:01:37 pm #1 Last Edit: January 02, 2021, 05:13:38 pm by treefrog
The first 3 pack is for jeans and a floral blouse.

The straight leg jeans was to be my pre-SWAP item.  I'd made a test pair that I'd drafted a non-stretch jeans pattern based on my pants sloper, which had a pretty good fit, but there was a twist in the leg.  I think this is due to the way I'd done a knock-knee adjustment. But I need to give it another try at some stage.  More details on the blog if you are interested.

I went back to an Ottobre pattern for stretch denim and got a good result, so the stretch jeans are done.  They are in a lightweight stretch denim which will be great for summer.

treefrog

Pattern tetris anyone?

This week, I tried a mock up of the McCall's pattern for the floral blouse.  The pattern was a total failure, but I learnt a new method for making a hidden button placket.  I ended up unpicking the shirt and re-cutting it into another pattern. (More on the blog if you are interested)  Turned out really well.  Will need to re-think which pattern I want to use the floral print on. 

Transforming McCalls 7387 into Ottobre 2/2013 #9