• Welcome to Stitcher's Guild Reloaded. Please login or sign up.
April 20, 2021, 04:17:26 pm

News:

Remember:  Finalizing a subscription is a manual process, so be patient; your account will be updated ASAP.

Sharon’s Retirement Wardrobe

Started by sharonspils, December 25, 2020, 05:06:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

sharonspils

I retired back in August and am still getting used to life (very easy and loving it) but find that I am lacking in a lot of clothes for my new life.

I plan on sewing all sort of things and at this stage it looks like this:

• Orange Bondi Dress - sewn and worn before 26 December (working out how to post a photo)
  • Multi coloured voile Kate Top -Tessuti pattern
  • Taupe shorts - self drafted pants pattern
  • Periwinkle Blue linen Kristin by Seamwork
  • Periwinkle Blue linen shorts
  • Coral knit top - Kwik Sew 3740
  • Brown shorts
  • Alabama Chanin Orange and Sand top
  • Blue Swimmers - Kwik Sew 2868
  • Blue and Grey kaftan (for swimmers) - Hot Patterns - Peachy Beachy poolside coverup - not sure if this works with the rules.
  • Blue polka dot Asha Dress by Stylearc

Importantly all the fabric and patterns are from my stash but do want to dig a bit deeper to see if I have some blue linen to replace the periwinkle blue as it will probably work better with my plan.

sharonspils

Here is the Bondi Dress by Tessuit patterns, I forget to get a photo when we were out and now need another occasion to wear it.

sharonspils

Well the shorts have been worn and don't feel too weird, the real test will be a few days time when we are at Dubbo Zoo.

I will add some width to the legs for the next version.

sharonspils

The shorts worked out well at the Zoo so calling them a win.

Finally finished my Kate top from Tessuti in a lovely Liberty Tana Lawn gifted to me a number of years ago.

I have cut out another pair of shorts and a skirt in brown linen, need to check what I need as the weather is starting to cool.

sharonspils

Really doubting I will be able to complete a Full Monty as planned as we are off again next week for a weeks holiday so no sewing.

So I am working towards a Half Monty which will work as I have pieces in my wardrobe that will work with what I have already made and feel confident I can finish by 30 April the other pieces have planned.

The trip to the Kimberleys has been delayed once more so the swimmers and cover-up are off the plan at this stage.

sharonspils

April 17, 2021, 11:15:36 pm #5 Last Edit: April 17, 2021, 11:22:01 pm by sharonspils Reason: Adding a photo
Well the holiday to Kangaroo Island was amazing and my shorts and top did out and about as well as we had the most perfect weather.

Last weekend I attended a 4 day sewing retreat and managed to get 2 skirts (lined) up to hemming, shorts (which were 1/2 done) finished and a knit top which just needs some time with the cover stitch for the hems.