• Welcome to Stitcher's Guild Reloaded. Please login or sign up.
December 05, 2020, 02:03:11 am

News:

To purchase a gift subscription for another member, please send a private message to DragonLady, telling her who you would like to gift, so permission can be obtained before you send any money.

Towanda's From the Shelf to the Closet SWAP

Started by Towanda, November 22, 2020, 01:42:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Towanda

I'm going to do it this year. I declare that I'm going to finish my SWAP for a change. The rules this year fit me well because I suck at planning. When I make a plan, I never stick to it because I'm easily distracted. I'm not sure which version of the rules, I'll end up with. I'm starting with the endless combo since this is how I sew most of the time. The goal is to start with winter sewing and move to spring/summer garments. I'm starting with an orphan pair of black dress pants that I made last year. I need to try them on to see if they still fit since I lost some weight.

The only thing that I know for sure is that I'll be using fabric and patterns from the stash. A couple of weeks ago, all of the printed PDF patterns got sorted out and organized. Last night I picked out some stash patterns to think about. I still use my computer drafting program.
1.  Burda 6782 - V neck blazer pattern. The fabric will be a black suiting or a silk suiting
2.  Butterick 5473 - Connie Crawford coat that I'm thinking about making out of a black faux leather
3.  Louise Cutting "2x4" - black and white sweater knit. I'll have to play with this pattern because I don't like dropped shoulders.
4.  Helena Dress by LaFred - black ponte knit. I've had this pattern for years. Tt's been calling my name. I'm not sure if this pattern fits my body shape. This is the most questionable pattern in the group.
5.  McCall's 6736 - for some reason I have three copies of this pattern. The nice thing is that the cup sizes goes up to DDD so I shouldn't have to do a FBA
6.  Love Notions - I have at least 3 patterns that I want to try
7.  Lekala - I have a bunch of patterns that I have not used yet. I like these patterns because I only have to make two or three adjustments - narrow shoulder, rounded back and sometimes lengthen the pattern.

I need to prewash some white knit so I can make two cowl neck tops. I need a long and short version to wear with some skirts. Today, I'm going to start with a computer drafted pattern for a black & white checked sweater coat. Next up is Lekala 2129 using a white silk.

Happy planning and sewing to everyone