• Welcome to Stitcher's Guild Reloaded. Please login or sign up.
December 05, 2020, 01:12:40 am

News:

If you have any trouble, or anything doesn't seem to be working properly, email DragonLady: dl@artisanssquare.com for assistance.

indigotiger's "Got The (Boro) Blues?" SWAP 2021

Started by indigotiger, November 20, 2020, 12:02:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

indigotiger

November 20, 2020, 12:02:17 pm Last Edit: November 20, 2020, 05:30:16 pm by indigotiger
well, I'm in! Not really sure yet what garments will make it, but at least some of them will be in the indigo-blue category. Probably going for a half-monty, (since I don't really need eleven new garments) and am wondering about adding in some coordinating non-garment accessories* just for fun.

More later on once I muck out my sewing space enough that I can get a chance to pull together some coordinating fabrics... I know that there is some black/blue textured weave linen that could become a loose jacket, and my beloved indigo tigers rayon for a popover dress (which turn out to work really well not only for summertime on their own, but as an intermediate layer between a turtleneck top and a pinafore

*I'm thinking things like a new winter hat, maybe a kitchen or work apron, an Alabama Chanin style bandana kerchief... maybe even a new pair of earrings...
The Things that Make us Happy Make us Wise.

Read about my daily life at Acorn Cottage ~ Acorn Cottage Artisanry

"It is known (to some) that by dwelling in the present, conceding what is necessary to past and future, but no more than is necessary, it is quite possible to live happily ever after"      - Edgar Pangborn

indigotiger

Luz Clara sent me several yards of delightfully striped and patched japanese fabric, very boro-esque. I plan on using it for either a pinafore, or a loose lagenlook jacket. Not sure if I will leave it all black/stripey, or overdye in a light indigo, or taupe. Leaning towards light indigo.
The Things that Make us Happy Make us Wise.

Read about my daily life at Acorn Cottage ~ Acorn Cottage Artisanry

"It is known (to some) that by dwelling in the present, conceding what is necessary to past and future, but no more than is necessary, it is quite possible to live happily ever after"      - Edgar Pangborn