• Welcome to Stitcher's Guild Reloaded. Please login or sign up.
December 05, 2020, 01:16:23 am

News:

To access all of our great topics, and use all the terrific features of our forum, it is now necessary to purchase a subscription. 
Visit this thread: http://artisanssquare.com/sg/index.php/topic,1849 For more information
If you should have any trouble, just email me: dl@artisanssquare.com

Stephanie's Fiorenza/flowering SWAP 2021 (*comments in discussion thread pls)

Started by stephaniecan, November 19, 2020, 08:54:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

stephaniecan

Ah...how fun! I like Ruthie's idea of a "ready for everything" SWAP and mine is a bit like that. I know that I want to make a vintage-style fancy dress out of a piece of nice green jacquard I have, and probably a yellow coat with some yellow wool. Everything else will be more versatile and in the middle - e.g., a blouse with full sleeves, some winter white corduroy pants, maybe a soft wool jacket with some fabric my beloved gave me (and I feel guilty about not having used!). I may knit a little cardigan in yellow or green to be worn with the vintage-style cocktail dress.

I have many lovely choices and so it should be easy to make a half or a fully monty. I want to make things that are comfortable and also cheerful (except for the fancy dress, which doesn't need to be comfortable, per se!).

My one big goal for this year is to finally make a garment before Dec 26 for a change!

That is happiness; to be dissolved into something complete and great. ― Willa Cather, My Ántonia

stephaniecan

As usual, I have been overthinking this whole collection, so one of my goals this year is going to be to decide on a plan and then trust it enough to make things on the list. The number one decision must be the garment to make before December 26!

The other thing I realized I want to do is try to turn a pair of my beloved's old corduroy pants into some pants for me! I don't know if I can do that, but they are in very good condition (my beloved takes good care of his clothes) and I know that would be a lovely thing to have. He gave them to me specifically thinking I could do something with them. Maybe it will be easier than I think, given that they are fairly large on me. That would be a nice challenge piece. I used to refashion items frequently when I was in my twenties, but in recent years (OK, decades), I have not taken that on much, apart from unraveling and reknitting the occasional sweater.

That is happiness; to be dissolved into something complete and great. ― Willa Cather, My Ántonia

stephaniecan

I traced a pattern on Saturday, but then I was unconvinced by the project before even making a toile. This doesn't bode well.

The other thing I'm noticing is that I am attracted to diverse colour palettes. I am thinking that I might give into it and do a bit of a "rainbow" SWAP this year. I have always liked mixing prints/patterns (I would say that in my real life that is kind of a signature style) and I'm not ashamed to say that I am attracted to wearing a wide array of colours. Maybe this is the year of all years to indulge this tendency?

I really MUST achieve my goal of one garment before Dec 26. I'm going to have to make up my mind soon!