• Welcome to Stitcher's Guild Reloaded. Please login or sign up.
October 29, 2020, 05:29:12 pm

News:

Welcome! :)

If you have trouble registering or logging in, please email me.    dl@artisanssquare.com

Autumn 2020 Loosey Goosey Be Nice to Yourself 6-Pac Thread

Started by kowgiirl.up, September 17, 2020, 12:57:36 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

kowgiirl.up

September 17, 2020, 12:57:36 pm Last Edit: September 22, 2020, 12:04:07 pm by kowgiirl.up Reason: Adding guidelines and changing title
I occurred to me the other day that since I started this thread I might need to take responsibility for it. After chatting with Kathryn I found out that yep, I do. She told me that I could do pretty much what I wanted and could keep it loosey goosey if I wanted. Well loosey goosey is right up my alley  :thumbsup:

I've never done this before and I've been researching older 6 Pac threads to figure out what I need to post.

I suppose the first order of business is to set dates for start and completion? We are well into September so what about September 30 to November 30??? What do you think?

I think this year we need to keep the Autumn 6 Pac loosey goosey and you make what ever 6 things that you need in your wardrobe (or make a new wardrobe, it's up to you) keeping within the fall neutral colors that is the norm for this time of year . Neutrals being, black, white, brown, tans, grays and so forth. As always they need to go together in some fashion.

I would encourage at least one splash of color~ just because. You could add little tiny embroidery or embellishment or you could go all out with hippie tie-dye for one item.

I'm calling this the Autumn 2020 Loosey Goosey Be Nice to Yourself 6 Pac Thread which is not very structured since we have had enough of that for this year.

Carry on!  :applause2:
Theresa

Runs with scissors

sewsy

Ok. Here are my plans
Twinsets: 1.Teaberry Two. 2.Brown Ribbed poly knit (there's enough for a hoodie cardigan). 3.Grey.

4.Navy blue twinset using wool knit. I have about 5yds@60" wide, so I'll be adding a sleeveless turtleneck tee and Yoga pants a la Peggy Sagers. I don't have that pattern, but I'll mimic it using an OOP Vogue.

5.Short (car coat length) trench, lined.

Maybe I'll add in a black twinset. I gave the cardi I made previously for myself to DD the Youngest.

Almost forgot. Two pair of jeans done in a stretch denim. Black and grey. Don't have the fabrics yet. Waiting for them to go off sale so that I can use a larger percentage coupon.

Susan in Saint John

My plan is first and foremost to finish my dark brown bouclĂ© winter coat. 

Then, I need trousers.  This requires some muslins.  I am looking at Cashmerette's new Calder Pants https://www.cashmerette.com/collections/cashmerette-patterns/products/calder-pants-shorts-pdf-pattern as well as an overhaul of the Loes Hinse Oxford Pant.  The Sewing Workshop also has a new Hollywood Pants pattern https://sewingworkshop.com/shop/Hollywood-Pants-Download-p196054411.  I know this is going to be time consuming but I need to commit to it.  I have lots of lovely fabrics in my stash which are crying out to be trousers!

Then I have a Liberty of London wool challis skirt which needs to be made into a pinafore or a dress.  This fix will build on my top making courses from the spring. I have some of the skirt fabric and some other fabrics which coordinate beautifully.

Finally, some tops with sleeves.

These pieces all really go back to my SWAP 2020 plan and previous 6PAC's. This plan is a little on the dressy side for everyday wear so hopefully there will be occasions to dress up this autumn and winter.

fzxdoc

I need to join in. I'm sewing three pair of sugar skull leggings today for DD and the two little DGDs for Hallowe'en. Fabric ordered from Spoonflower:

I've done so much toddler/baby sewing for such a long time, trying in vain to jump start my creativity. Maybe an Autumn Six Pak is the answer.

Pondering...

Kathryn
My blog: I Made This! at http://imadethis-asewingblog.blogspot.com/
Flickr Photos: https://www.flickr.com/photos/72428033@N00/albums

2018 Dress a Month count:

kowgiirl.up

I modified my original post. I hope this works for everyone  :)
Theresa

Runs with scissors

CCL

Thanks, Theresa!  I saw this when you first posted and was tempted, but knew that I wouldn't be able muster a coordinated plan.  Not sure I can even come close to 6 "uncoordinated" things - but thanks to you, maybe this will give me a direction to try to get some of the garments planned for last year's SWAP sewn...with loosey goosey wrinkles of course.

So preliminary plans right now:

I have a cut out wool crepe version (deep forest blue green) of the shirt dress recently completed on my work table.  So going to keep going in fits and starts on that.

I need another zip front fleece jacket (well, need is subjective).  I have the black moleskin polartec fleece for that and it's been sitting in the closet for over a year. 

I'd like to make up a wool pencil skirt (not that I have anywhere to wear it these days, but around the house works). I have had the fabric for a couple years and if there is enough left over, I might do a vest. 

I have a gorgeous piece of grey wool crepe that I'd like to make in winter dress.

So that's 3, maybe 4, garments. 

I might actually be able to get some of them done before year end.  I can add a couple more to the plan to have 6 pieces to aim for - I'd like to get back to working on the Pendleton 49'er - so that might give me two more.  I had originally intended on using the remainder of the green wool crepe for a first version... but after cutting the dress out, I think the fabric is probably too lightweight for the 49'er.  Planning the last two garments will require a rethink, but in the meantime, I will carry on with my dress.

As a teaser, here's a thread and button test for the green shirtdress.  I am trying to not buy anything new these days...so hoping buttons and thread from previous projects will work.

Thread and button test

sewsy

I'm going to add this here just as food for thought. It's Whitney's You Tube video about doing a module (sewalong, I think) which kinda ties in to what we're doing. Specifically, she's talking about having had her colors done, and how much it has changed what she sews and buys for herself.

I know that there have been discussions about getting ones' colors done. I've never had that done, but I don't think there's anything wrong with it. It's expensive, from what I've been able to discern. For me, I know what colors look good on me and over the years, those are the kinds of fabric/yarns that I've found myself gravitating towards.

How do I know what my colors are, even though I haven't had them "done"?

I just know.

Sure, there are fabrics that I probably shouldn't have gotten, but oh well. I have others that I've sewn for, and those things have and continue to serve both others and myself pretty well.

Oddly enough, the colors that Whitney shows, that she says her color analyst told her look good on her are all the colors I've gravitated towards. She talked about chocolate brown, beige and orange (burnt, for me) being colors she would be working with for her fall sewing module.

I chuckled as I heard her listing those specific colors because they're on my knitting needles. I ripped out a UFO pullover front and back from years ago, and am refashioning the yarns into a cardi instead. Not suggesting that the specific colors Whitney talks about should be the ones you'd use, just saying that her thoughts could be a catalyst for thinking about what colors look/work best for you.

Here's the video, maybe it will provide a bit of inspiration as to what fabrics/colors to include in your 6pac.

fzxdoc

I'm in, although I may have to make this an Autumn-Winter 6 Pack instead, since we'll be visiting grandbaby, grandtoddler, and their parents for 10 days in October. I'd like to make a knitted item as well, something simple to reacquaint myself with at least one of my knitting machines.

I think I feel the faint rustling of the coals of my creativity fire starting to crackle softly and glow hazily. :)

Kathryn
My blog: I Made This! at http://imadethis-asewingblog.blogspot.com/
Flickr Photos: https://www.flickr.com/photos/72428033@N00/albums

2018 Dress a Month count:

sliderule

I haven't done SWAPs or 6PACs because I have so many clothes - but now I don't.  My stay at home clothes are worn out to the point of being embarrassing.  So, Theresa, thank you for starting this.  Maybe it will help me overcome my inertia.  The things I need fit nicely into a 6PAC:

3 long-sleeved T shirts (navy, rust, teal)
2 pairs of elastic waist pants (brown, black)
1 cotton print shirt jacket (probably in a bamboo leaf-pattern print in brown, beige, and gold.  This will go with the brown pants and the beige and white T shirts I already own.)

These items are boring and very simple, but they will be well used.  I have everything I need to get started.  One of the T shirts was partly cut out last October (!), so it looks as if I am beginning early.

Turquoise

Quote from: fzxdoc on September 23, 2020, 07:30:45 amI think I feel the faint rustling of the coals of my creativity fire starting to crackle softly and glow hazily. :)

Kathryn
That's good to hear Kathryn.  It's great to read everyone's plans or thoughts on trying to get sewing again.  This is such a weird time and I just haven't been able to concentrate on sewing for months and months. 

Luckily over the spring and summer I found I could distract myself by throwing my energies into transforming my garden but now the weather is changing I really need to get back to sewing.  Hopefully I can pick up some of the projects I started for last years SWAP.  I have been rummaging through patterns this evening so at least that's a start  :)

I'm hoping seeing everyone's projects will stimulate me to get going again.

Grasshopper

I'm glad to see discussions starting for an Autumn 6PAC and am looking forward to rules for SWAP coming out later this fall.  I NEED to sew, primarily because it is one of those activities that recharges and refuels me, and I am feeling quite depleted as of late.  But, I really appreciate the loosey-goosey approach to this 6PAC because I'm not sure I'm quite up for anything too structured at the moment.  Among all of the weirdness of life going on this year, we also moved at the beginning of the summer to a farm on 20 acres.  With all the unpacking of "essentials", setting up house, and things we needed to do outside for our livestock, I haven't had the time to get my sewing room unpacked and set up.  My birthday is coming up and I think the best gift I could give myself is to take the time to set up my sewing room and sew some not-too-complicated projects from my stash to update my wardrobe and get my mojo back.  I have stash knits in ivory, olive, brown, vanilla, and muted navy that would all make good neutral knit tops to expand my wardrobe options, along with some teal knit for a top in a splash of color, so I think that might be what I plan to make.
Lyneisa
Striving to live a full, meaningful country life and carry forward the talents and skills of my ancestors.

indigotiger

I may join in the 6PAC, but not really sure what I will sew, other than I think I want to re-create my very old pattern for overalls, with added cargo-pants style side leg pockets. There may someday be occasions where my beloved pinafores are not the ideal garment, and something "trouser-ish" would be better. We were far enough from the fires to not need to evacuate, but it gave me thoughts...
The Things that Make us Happy Make us Wise.

Read about my daily life at Acorn Cottage ~ Acorn Cottage Artisanry

"It is known (to some) that by dwelling in the present, conceding what is necessary to past and future, but no more than is necessary, it is quite possible to live happily ever after"      - Edgar Pangborn

kowgiirl.up

I can't believe I'm saying this but I'm in. I've been waffling back and forth on this. I've always wanted to enter one of these and I like some of you I just might pull it off.

Nowadays I can't wear traditional close fitting tops due to hotflashes so I have to go more flowy that tends to looks more summery. I'm going to try to "Autumn" them up by going neutral colors.

My plan is:

2 tops: one a batik rayon print which will be my splash of color and the other a knit out of my stash if I have enough fabric.

2 bottoms: probably both jeans although I may try a circle skirt if I can find a nice affordable print/fabric that will work for the cooler months.

1 cardigan which I've never sewn before and am looking for a simple quick to sew pattern.

I'm so excited about sewing a 6Pac and needed something like this. Let's do this ladies!!!
Theresa

Runs with scissors

Melinda_B

Hmmmmm.....  I was saying to a friend yesterday that I need more plains/solids in my wardrobe.  Mind you, being in Australia mine would be Spring/Summer items.  It's already warming up here.  Will think about this, as I moved house the day before yesterday and my sewing room is literally stuffed full of boxes.

I tend to wear a lot of brights and patterns though - this would be a real outside my comfort zone 6PAC!
Melinda

Perth, Australia
Personal Blog - https://melbrennan.com/

boppingbeth

Well I am embarrassed to say I missed this thread and had the same idea. I gained about two sizes during lockdown, along with a 'menopot'. I cleaned out a car load of clothing that did not fit and most of it was my work clothes.  My goal is to fill the holes in my work wardrobe because I actually have to go to the building while I am teaching online. More planning than that is likely going to stop me cold.  I will silhouette plan and sew something from the list. I know these work with my personal style, and with what is left in the wardrobe.

Tank top (flowing style),artistic shirt, pull on straight leg pants
Tee, cardigan and narrow leg dark jeans
Long sleeve sweater dress and leggings
Dress shirt, straight skirt, jacket

Colours will be whatever I find in the 'stash' shop-likely grey, teal and berry, with a splash of black.

boppingbeth

@sewsy you started me down the rabbit hole, lol!  Particularly since the whole work from home wear comfortable clothing is totally my vibe and I am bored because I am currently waiting for the results of my Covid test so I can only go to my bedroom and the sewing room. 

I really liked the whole idea of one topper, two bottoms, three tops and a onesie (dress or jumper) that all coordinate, though in Canada, we are definitely in two topper country.

So far I have made two oversized square turtlenecks, one in a grey/cream stripe (the Hepburn pullover) and one in a multi stripe that has pinks and browns and blues/blacks. Both of them need hemming.  I also made a really interesting dolman too with gathered elastic cuffs on the elbow length sleeves. It probably needs to be taken in under the arms but it is definitely wearable and oddly flattering.  Next up is pants. I am going to try a Jalie Eleanor Jean in a larger size, and the Duet pattern designed for stable knits and wovens in a straight leg. I will undoubtedly make multiples to get the patterns to fit, but the final should be dark grey and plum stretch corduroy.

The turtleneck was frustrating! I started with a size 2, went up to a size 3 and then had to massively increase both the armholes and the sleeve piece.  I gained weight but not that much. Someone will be happy with the two versions that will be thrifted.

boppingbeth

We have also gone around about getting colours done on the board before. Most people fall into one of the seasons pretty clearly. I've done it with professionals three times; I ended up a different season each time. Using the current twelve season mix, I am closest to a just a plain deep. Summer is too light; true winter is too harsh.

I am clear and deep for all the true colours of the winter and autumn palettes. No moss green, peach, orange brown, gold or burnt orange for me; I definitely fall on the clear and cool side of the line. Give me cherry red and forest green every time. But I will take the bright clear orange of autumn and the red brown/auburn colour that is my hair colour, the black (in my hair and eyes) and winter white which is on the cream side of pure white, in my eyes.

I ended up making my own colour palette. I pulled colours I found in my eyes (deep hazel/dark brown with a navy/black ring and green and cream highlights), my hair (auburn/deep brown/black), my skin tone (Porcelain verging on sallow and tan), the colours of my blush (rosy pink and plum) and veins (teal) and their complements. I used a lot of paint chips to figure it out. If you have caught on to the fact that my blush colours are on the blue/cool side, my skin colours are on the warm/mixed side, and my hair is totally in between warm and cool depending on the light, you understand the frustrations of trying to shove me into one of the traditional colour seasons. I'm not a neutral, which is more greyed out and softer. I'm a deep. Rose and teal and claret and forest green, with a little celery and warm grey for fun. And champagne, winter white, fuchsia, Air Force blue, and black.

boppingbeth

Does anyone but me and Ruthie do a wardrobe in a weekend?  Granted, I am on lockdown because I may have the virus, so all I can do is eat and sew. 

Tops: two oversized turtle necks, one grey and cream striped, one multi striped with dominant grey and pink. One crazy dolman shirt with gathered cuffs.

Pants: teal pull on pants with pockets, grey pull on pants with pockets. Truthfully, the teal may not make the cut for this capsule. They do not quite go with the rest. That said, they will definitely get worn with other pieces in my wardrobe, The grey are perfect, they work with all three tops.  More important, they do not slide down my body when worn. I may replace the teal with a pair of pink joggers.

Turquoise

@boppingbeth You're on a roll - very impressive  :)

I've pulled some fabrics out of the stash and did cut out a knit top yesterday.  I've been out of the sewing room for some time so just pleased to be doing something even if slowly.  Trying to focus on cutting out some knit tops with the fabrics I've pulled out but keep thinking about a fabric that I can't find.  I think today's challenge will be to get on with cutting out and resisting the urge to pull everything out to look for the missing fabric  :D

boppingbeth

Like I said, all I can do at the moment is read and sew because I am on possible virus lockdown. I go from the bedroom to the sewing room. Tomorrow it will be a week of isolation and still no results. I am finally starting to actually feel better which helps.   

Yesterday I tested a version of a V-neck longer straight sweater in a gestured white knit.  I took a style arc sweater pattern that had already been adjust to me (petite adjustments) and added fourteen inches in length and an inch at the side seams because I am not that size anymore. It does fit but looks like a lab coat because it has too much structure to flow around my body. The real sweater, a lightweight pearl grey knit, flows really nicely. I want another one or two because it feels so good on. 

sharonspils

Life has changed quite a bit for me as early retirement is now my life.  Trying to work out what to wear at home that is still put together enough for anyone to come to the door, which besides some dog walking clothes, is missing from my wardrobe.

As @Melinda_B has said my wardrobe would also be Spring/Summer therefore my wardrobe would be full of brights so this 6 pac would be difficult for me unless I only make bottoms.

Grasshopper

@boppingbeth, I hope your health continues to improve!  Congrats on making a lot of progress!

No sewing yet for me, but the unpacking and organizing of the sewing room is slowly happening.  Fabric is folded and put away in its cabinet.  Books unpacked and organized by topic on the bookshelves.  Random bits of clutter, such as empty plastic storage tubs, have been relocated.  Art pottery collection unpacked and on display on top of bookshelf. My truck is loaded full of donation items that will be dropped off today at lunch.  Now, I can at least see most of the floor and am contemplating furniture arrangement.  Most likely, it will take two or three tries before I find an arrangement that I am happy with, but at least I am at the point where I can start trying.

As far as my sewing plans, I am still planning on making knit tops in various neutrals in my stash, along with a bright teal for my splash of color.  I hope to curate some simple patterns from my stash to use that have minimal pattern pieces.  I will probably be looking for a lot of cap sleeve and butterfly/dolman sleeve designs that will layer well under a cardigan or jacket but look "finished" on their own.  The goals here are mainly to get me sewing again and to use what I have, as well as upgrade an area of my closet that never seems to be adequate, which is short sleeve tops.  By choosing simple patterns, my hope is to be able to do some tonal embellishments to some of them.  I want to add interesting detail that elevates them from being just more boring solid tees to something a bit dressier but still relaxed and comfortable and goes with many things.  Coldwater Creek was a retailer that did this well and I'm inspired by some of their designs.
Lyneisa
Striving to live a full, meaningful country life and carry forward the talents and skills of my ancestors.

kowgiirl.up

Quote from: sharonspils on October 07, 2020, 02:02:15 amAs @Melinda_B has said my wardrobe would also be Spring/Summer therefore my wardrobe would be full of brights so this 6 pac would be difficult for me unless I only make bottoms.

I don't see why you both can't do the opposite of our fall colors since you where you live your season(s) are different :).  I feel this would fall under the "Loosey Goosey" part of this 6-Pac as well. Do what you want, do what you need, just join us in sewing something :)
Theresa

Runs with scissors

sharonspils

Thank you @kowgiirl.up count me in, now off to purchase some navy denim as the only remanant I have is not enough for a jeans skirt which will be my first garment.

There are too many ideas in my head at present, I need to focus a bit more so it is more cohesive.

@Melinda_B what are your plans?

CCL

Quote from: kowgiirl.up on October 07, 2020, 01:46:38 pmthis would fall under the "Loosey Goosey" part of this 6-Pac as well. Do what you want, do what you need, just join us in sewing something :)

Thanks kowgiirl - love this and I, for one, am concentrating on the loosey goosey (I have no idea yet if what I am working on constitutes part of a 6-PAC).  I have been making v-e-r-y slow progress on my shirt dress.  I obsessed over the thread matching, finally threw in the towel and made an appointment (only one person shopping at a time) at the quilting emporium 45 minutes away and bought three different threads - none a perfect match.  I started with a blue green, but it was too turquoisey, went with a calmer green that I thought would work, but after I stitched down the flat felled shoulder seams - thought it too much, so unpicked and used the darkest green, even though I liked it the least on the buttonhole test.  I have no idea why I have become so obsessive.

final decision on thread color

Anyway... finished basting the first armhole flat-felled seam and will try to get the other one basted over the next couple of days.  My goal is to get them top stitched this weekend.

flat felled arm-hole seam basted

kowgiirl.up

CCL, I think you nailed the thread color~ really!! Your sewing is so nice, straight stitching and even your basting is nice. Glad you are moving forward with this at a all-be-it fast snails pace   :smiles-pom2:

I too tend to obsess until I get so overwhelmed that I do nothing. I'm not going to do that here, I'm just going with the flow and will end up with "whatever". At least I'm sewing and that feels so good!
Theresa

Runs with scissors

Grasshopper

Quote from: kowgiirl.up on October 08, 2020, 02:03:31 pmI too tend to obsess until I get so overwhelmed that I do nothing.

Yes, yes, yes!  Me too!  I agree that I have to put the pursuit of perfection aside or I will never accomplish anything.  And also to remember that slow and steady wins the race!  In the spirit of "sew little, sew often", I am proud of myself for spending some time each night this week working in the sewing room.  I've managed to unpack several more boxes and tubs, including the one containing the sewing machine and serger!  Hurray!  I've also taken measurements of the room and various pieces of furniture so I can now play paper dolls with various arrangements on paper.  I also did some research and came across this extremely helpful sewing room organization series that has given me much to think about with regard to work zones and efficiency.  And, I even started going through my knit top patterns last night and putting aside ones that I am considering.  Progress is being made.
Lyneisa

boppingbeth

Quote from: sharonspils on October 07, 2020, 02:02:15 amLife has changed quite a bit for me as early retirement is now my life.  Trying to work out what to wear at home that is still put together enough for anyone to come to the door, which besides some dog walking clothes, is missing from my wardrobe.

As @Melinda_B has said my wardrobe would also be Spring/Summer therefore my wardrobe would be full of brights so this 6 pac would be difficult for me unless I only make bottoms.

Seriously, do what works for you! What do you reach for and wish you had in the closet? What do you see yourself needing in the next four months? Sew what you need.

boppingbeth

Tonight, I finished a dress I had hanging on the back of the sewing room door for a year. This round of sewing made me drag out the cover stitch machine my mil gave me mumblety years ago that I was afraid of and never used. I have hemmed six garments now and I am in love with that machine!

So far I hemmed two ballet style dresses (black with pockets, and grey that needs pockets), the white lab coat sweater, the grey sweater, the grey and cream striped boxy turtle neck and the pink and grey boxy turtle neck, and the black and cream sunflower dress that I made for swap which totally works with what I have made.

Youngest walked in, looked at the sunflower dress and said 'that is a totally a style you will wear ' and then squeed when I showed her the pockets.

Turquoise

This afternoon I've finished the first of the two knit tops I cut out last weekend.  I somehow managed to cut out 2 of the front overlays (note to self: don't stubbornly carry on cutting out when you are tired) but actually, thankfully, I like having it with the scoop front and back.  The pattern is Silhouette Patterns Kendosa's Top.  It does feel good to be back sewing - it does take my mind off of everything else for a short while.

Well done on all the coverstitching @boppingbeth  - you've certainly mastered that coverstitch machine now  :applause2:

sewsy

A few weeks ago, Fabric Mart had a sale on knits, so I purchased two Michael Kors 1x1 rib knit fabrics, dark navy (looks black, it's so dark) and taupe. The width is something like 36", and I want to get quite a few pieces out of each, so I got six of one and seven of the other.

I'll be using the TNT Kwik Sew for the cardis, I'd like to get at least three other tops out of each. If there's any leftover, I'll maybe try and do a knit tee shirt dress for youngest DD.

I really like these fabrics. I had little doubt that they'd be great, seeing as they're from Michael Kors and all. They (and Fabric Mart...great prices on the knits) didn't disappoint!

Not to mention that I got at least a yard extra on each. AT LEAST.

Pretty cool.

boppingbeth

We had to pull some boxes out of the basement because there was mould! Not on the plastic boxes of fabric but on all the cardboard boxes containing China and dishes from my husband's aunts estate. So many dishes!  Hubbie brought up the five giant tubs of fabric donated to me by my sister when she was moving. They got sorted and washed. A lot of it was donated. The fabric that stayed is now in my sewing room where I do not have enough room for it. I have an overflowing bucket under the sewing table, another pile on top of the cutting table, as well as an overflowing laundry basket beside the sewing machine. There is a lot more stuff than I am am comfortable with in this space.  Time to sew some of it up.

boppingbeth

@sewsy those fabrics sound awesome! Cannot wait to see it made up.

boppingbeth

Towanda

Grasshopper - thanks for link about sewing room organization. I agree with her about work zones and being organized. I don't function well with clutter in my sewing room. I just spend the last few days rearranging the sewing machines and a shelf to make room for a new computer. It is amazing how much moving the machines around gave the sewing area a better flow.

There is a story about why I needed a new computer. The oldest twin DGD decided that she would sprinkle black pepper around my laptop. Her brother decided to clean up by spraying my laptop with water. Needless to say it was the end of the laptop. This is the second laptop to die because of water and the grands. This time I got an all in one desktop that sits on the shelf out of their reach.

I started working on my 6Pac. I hate to change serger threads so I will make a bunch of garments using the same color before I give in and change the thread. I am working on a bunch of white tops using TNT or so I thought patterns. Things didn't go so well. Two tops turned out ok. Two of them will only be worn at home. One top needs to have some width removed. The cardigan is wearable but hikes up in the front. A couple of patterns went in the trash. The stupid thing is that I lost some weight and didn't think that I needed to check my measurements. Lesson learned. I finally re-did my measurements last night. Instead of sewing, I'll be updating some patterns and ordering more white fabric.

I got sidelined trying to make a rain coat. Several years ago, I bought a bunch of raincoat fabrics. I washed the black fabric and it separate from the backing in some areas. I tried ironing it but it was puckered in too many places. I pulled out the burgundy fabric and it has some permanent creases. I got frustrated and said the heck with it. Then I decided that nobody would notice the creases so I cut the coat out. The coat is unlined so I wanted to do Hong Kong seams. Of course, I don't have the right color bias binding. I spend several days searching Etsy and found a berry color that should be here later this month.