• Welcome to Stitcher's Guild Reloaded. Please login or sign up.
March 28, 2020, 03:43:10 pm

News:

If you have any trouble, or anything doesn't seem to be working properly, email DragonLady: dl@artisanssquare.com for assistance.

KathrynT's Summer to Early Autumn SWAP

Started by KathrynT, January 27, 2020, 04:26:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

KathrynT

The aim of my SWAP is to increase my summer and early autumn wardrobe.  I had already started in November by making a pair of black and a pair of navy capri pants.  Then I finally got around to altering a dress that didn't have enough ease around the hips.  I got loads of positive comments, so I spent some time developing a woven T-shirt pattern and made it up in a tan double gauze and a lovely floral that I think is a linen rayon blend.  I needed another pair of black pants and wanted some more tops from my new pattern, so SWAP it is. 

This is the plan.
1. Black Capri pants :) ; Tan (Already sewn) :) , Native floral :)  and Bold print :) woven T-shirts;  white T-shirt :)     
2. Green olive pants; Floral (Already sewn) woven T-shirt :) ; Black :) , white 3/4 sleeved :)  and Alabama Chanin? T-shirts.
Goes with everything: Navy sleeveless jacket? Jade jacket :) ? Chanel style jacket?

January is my main sewing for myself time, after Christmas and before I go back to teaching at the start of February.  Most of my garments are quite simple.  These two things mean I have completed a lot of garments.  Completed garments have a smiley.  I'm not sure what will make the final cut, hence the question marks.

My new to me technique will either be an Alabama Chanin reverse applique T-shirt or a chanel style jacket with a quilted lining.

All my patterns are TNTs.
•   The woven T-shirt pattern was cut using StyleArc Sacha shirt as a start point.
•   The T-shirt is an altered StyleArc Alannah.  I lowered the neckline and widened the body to give a more drapey look with a slight high low hem.
•   The pants are StyleArc Margaret modified to have a Linda waistband.  They have evolved over several years with lots of tweaks (fit alterations) to get the fit I like.
•   I have a precious boucle bought in Italy.  Both the jade and navy are pattern trials so I can be sure of the pattern to use for the boucle.  The jade was made with Sacha.  I am using Vogue V8692 for the navy.  Not enough fabric in stash for sleeves as well.