• Welcome to Stitcher's Guild Reloaded. Please login or sign up.
January 16, 2021, 01:12:19 pm

News:

To reply to a private message, you must login to the forums and use the messaging system.  If you attempt to answer the email notification, it just bounces to me.

Aussie 28's Harvest Moon SWAP Collection

Started by Aussie28, January 03, 2020, 09:40:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Aussie28

Last years Work Wear collection was my most successful SWAP so far and all items are in heavy rotation with the exception of 1 top which I feel doesn't work that well with my shape.

This year's collection will extend my Work Wear wardrobe with many items already co-ordinating with my previous makes. My aim is to use mostly new to me patterns and fabrics that I already have in my stash. The fabrics in my photo were put together soon after the rules were announced and I had a pretty fair idea of what patterns I would make with each fabric at the time. However it seems that I am incapable of sticking to a plan as I have already changed several fabrics. I will post a list of my proposed garments & patterns however this will definitely not be set in stone and can/will change.

This year I will be including more items with woven fabrics and my aim is to perfect a shell top with different sleeve and hemline combinations. This will be my first TNT pattern. Fitting woven items has always terrified me and as a result I have mostly only sewn with stretch fabrics. I completed my first woven top last year and I was very happy with the result.