• Welcome to Stitcher's Guild Reloaded. Please login or sign up.
March 28, 2020, 03:55:02 pm

News:

If you have any trouble, or anything doesn't seem to be working properly, email DragonLady: dl@artisanssquare.com for assistance.

Medea's New Creative Work Wardrobe (Comments in main thread please)

Started by Medea, December 09, 2019, 05:11:11 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Medea

My thoughts about my SWAP are about creating a new work wardrobe for me as a boutique owner.

We have moved back to Sweden from France since the last SWAP and just in time for our arrival I discovered that a fabric shop in my area was planning to close down. I and my husband took the decision to take over, and in February next year I will be the owner of a fabric shop. I will sell fabrics mostly for grown-ups, not fabric for kid clothes, and in the future I will also have sewing classes.

My plan is to sew clothes to wear when I work and I want to inspire others to wear what they sew. Some of my earlier SWAP sewing has been worn but some of them not. This time I will sew comfortable and beautiful clothes that I will love to wear. Beautiful clothes in my opinion of course.  :D

One of my greatest decisions is to decide what my NEW technique to try is. I think I've tried everything, even if that's not totally true. But I really have to think about what to try. Maybe it will be to hand-pick a zipper. If I've done that it was in my teens, so that's close to a new technique for me.

This is my first draft and I think that some of the garments will be changed to others but that's okay.

These are the garments I want to include in my SWAP wardrobe:

As my two garments that will work with all the others I will make a Jean Jacket, probably Atena Jacket from Itch to Stich. I will also sew the long version of Sienna Maker's Jacket from Closet Case Patterns.
I'm at Instagram @ medeasgarderob (Medea's Wardrobe)

Medea

Here are the two garments that I sewed before the rules came out and that I probably will use in my new wardrobe.
Everything can change but I think it will be good to have some of those 11 made in advance.

Those are Zadie Jumpsuit from Paper Theory Patterns and a pencil skirt from an old Burda Magazine (2012).

Medea

I've been busy starting my fabric store since last time and haven't had so much sewing time. But now I'm slowly in to sewing again.
I sewed a Pussy Bow Blouse (Sew Over It) in a lovely viscose.

I also sewed a couple of T-shirts. These two are completely finished.

I've also cut a Sienna Makers Jacket in a gray Coat fabric. It'll be a nice spring jacket/coat.

I also have a Zadie Jumpsuit Dress Hack (like this one) on my sewing list and a lovely dark plum viscose, just washed and drying.
I've also find a lovely ponte jersey for a false wrap dress (mod.3 Ottobre Design 5/2019) and it's already cut and waiting.
I don't know exactly which garments that will end up in my Creative Work Wardrobe but that's one of the fun things whith sewing. I change my mind and it will probably be perfect in the end.