• Welcome to Stitcher's Guild Reloaded. Please login or sign up.
February 20, 2020, 08:48:38 pm

News:

To purchase a gift subscription for another member, please send a private message to DragonLady, telling her who you would like to gift, so permission can be obtained before you send any money.

Voting for Intermediate to Advanced Jacket Challenge

Started by CCL, January 14, 2020, 08:33:29 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Voting For the Intermediate to Advanced Dress Challenge

IndigoTiger's "patchwork" jacket
11 (91.7%)
IndigoTiger's "patchwork" jacket
1 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 12

CCL

Please vote for your favorite jacket entered in this year's challenge.  Winner receives a $25.00 gift certificate to their online vendor of choice!

Congratulations in advance to this year's deserving winner!

CCL

To make it official - the votes have been counted and this year's Intermediate to Advanced Jacket Challenge winner is.....

IndigoTiger!

IndigoTiger, look for a PM from me so that I can provide you with a $25.00 gift certificate to your choice online vendor of sewing supplies!

kowgiirl.up

Quote from: CCL on January 20, 2020, 07:32:43 amTo make it official - the votes have been counted and this year's Intermediate to Advanced Jacket Challenge winner is.....

IndigoTiger!

IndigoTiger, look for a PM from me so that I can provide you with a $25.00 gift certificate to your choice online vendor of sewing supplies!

Yay!  :applause2:
Theresa

Runs with scissors

indigotiger

Aww thanks! It was a really fun project to make, and really pushed my comfort zone to do so much improvisation... I just wish that more folks had been able to complete their planned jackets, as I love seeing what others are making.
The Things that Make us Happy Make us Wise.

Read about my daily life at Acorn Cottage ~ Acorn Cottage Artisanry

"It is known (to some) that by dwelling in the present, conceding what is necessary to past and future, but no more than is necessary, it is quite possible to live happily ever after"      - Edgar Pangborn

fzxdoc

You did a wonderful job, @indigotiger . It was fun to follow along with your progress and a delight to see the final product. The artistry and whimsey that you combine into your garments along with your fine technical ability sure shows through in this jacket. Wear it in happiness and health.

Kathryn
My blog: I Made This! at http://imadethis-asewingblog.blogspot.com/
Flickr Photos: https://www.flickr.com/photos/72428033@N00/albums

2018 Dress a Month count:

indigotiger

I wanted to thank everyone who voted for my collage jacket project, and also thank CCL for generously donating a prize gift certificate... I searched online to find some suitable fabric, and when I saw this particular rayon, I knew it was "the one":
How could I resist fabric printed with actual indigo tigers! It is rayon yardage and will be perfect for a new summertime popover dress. The fabric is on back order till the end of March, but I will be busy with SWAP sewing at least that long
The Things that Make us Happy Make us Wise.

Read about my daily life at Acorn Cottage ~ Acorn Cottage Artisanry

"It is known (to some) that by dwelling in the present, conceding what is necessary to past and future, but no more than is necessary, it is quite possible to live happily ever after"      - Edgar Pangborn

CCL

Gorgeous, IndigoTiger - I am refraining from making bad puns, but it's a beautiful and appropriate piece.  Can't wait to see it made up in the pop-over dress.

fzxdoc

Perfect choice, @indigotiger .  I can't believe you found it. Your jacket and this fabric selection made the Jacket Challenge just right. It inspired me and made me smile. Win-win.

Kathryn
My blog: I Made This! at http://imadethis-asewingblog.blogspot.com/
Flickr Photos: https://www.flickr.com/photos/72428033@N00/albums

2018 Dress a Month count:

kowgiirl.up

Quote from: indigotiger on January 27, 2020, 01:14:19 pmI searched online to find some suitable fabric, and when I saw this particular rayon, I knew it was "the one":
How could I resist fabric printed with actual indigo tigers!

I love it and it's "fitting" :)

Yes, @CCL , thank you for all your effort for putting this together for all of us  :applause2:
Theresa

Runs with scissors

luz clara

INDIGO TIGER the stars lined up! That fabric is irresistible! Brava!!
Luz Clara