• Welcome to Stitcher's Guild Reloaded. Please login or sign up.
March 07, 2021, 01:47:40 am

News:

Remember: to view and/or participate in The Fray you must join the group.  Click on your name in the upper left, then choose "group membership" from the links on the popup.  Find "The Fray Sewing Competition" and click "Join Group".

Becky's Jeans Upgrades *****comments in main thread*****

Started by BinMI, November 12, 2019, 03:15:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BinMI

Theme: T-Shirt & Jeans Upgrades

Inspiration: the book The T-Shirt & Jeans Handbook: Stylish Upgrades for Your Daily Uniform

My challenge will be centered on Jackets, there are many things I have never done. I hope to make a lined Jacket using a Pamela Howard Craftsy/Bluprint class.

The wardrobe basics are Jeans & T-Shirts.

1 Pair of Dark wash jeans purchased, will go with everything

1 Pair of Red Stretch Denim Style Arc Linda Pants , will go with everything

3 T-shirts, colors and pattern to be determined
   possibly CJ patterns baseware 2, blue bamboo knit, navy/white stripe knit (purchase)
   McCall 6963 view B, eggshell crepe knit

The wardrobe upgrades are Jackets & Cardigans.

1 Chambray Shirt Pattern to be determined, have several pieces of fabric

1 Jalie Helene Cardigan - Camel Ponte

3 Jackets, Options: Style Arc Stacie Jean Jacket, Vogue 7975, Simplicity 2446, I may make multiples of one or more of these jackets. I have lots of different types of fabrics that are possibilities.

1 more item to be determined, probably an animal print cardigan.

If I can get through the fittings I think I can pull this SWAP off.

BinMI

I've moved the Chambray shirt down to the upgrade section because it can double as a jacket.

First Priority is to get Simplicity 2446 traced.

Potentially I can make three different type jackets with this one using Craftsy/Bluprint Classes:

A lined Wool Crepe Jacket - Modern Jacket Techniques with Pamela Howard

A quilted Jacket - The Fashionably Quilted Jacket with Mary Ray

A double knit Jacket - Next-Level Knits: Techniques for Structure & Style with Pamela Howard