• Welcome to Stitcher's Guild Reloaded. Please login or sign up.
December 10, 2019, 09:05:38 am

News:

To access all of our great topics, and use all the terrific features of our forum, it is now necessary to purchase a subscription. 
Visit this thread: http://artisanssquare.com/sg/index.php/topic,1849 For more information
If you should have any trouble, just email me: dl@artisanssquare.com

Towanda's On The Job Wardrobe

Started by Towanda, November 11, 2019, 09:28:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Towanda

November 11, 2019, 09:28:57 pm Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 09:32:38 pm by Towanda
I've been inspired by the people participating and the plans under development so I'm throwing my hat in the ring. This month I developed a sudden urge to add more black to my wardrobe including replacing my black pants. Black is one of my favorite colors. I'm one of those folks that can comfortably wear all black. I have had a couple of pictures of capsule wardrobes on my bulletin board for a while. I pulled them off the board and sat them where I can see them everyday. The color scheme is black, red and white. This would work well because everything would integrate with clothes already in the wardrobe and help with orphan garments.

The first capsule includes six garments:
White draped neck shell
Black wrap top
Red sleeveless shell
Black boot cut pants - will probably make a pair of slim legged pants instead
Red pencil skirt
White cardigan

The second capsule includes:
Black blazer - my new technique would be making a tailored lined jacket
Black pants
White pants
White button front shirt
Red button front shirt
Black pea coat - I would substitute a black raincoat
Black pencil skirt
Black and white print blouse

I plan to use a few TNT patterns. I have to work on a few patterns for garments such as the wrap top, raincoat and blazer. I want to make a black ponte knit pencil skirt using the Taylor knit skirt pattern from Style Arc. I made one in navy blue and love the way it turned out.

I need to whittle down the list with a goal of keeping everything simple. I might start a 6Pac early in December for the garments that will not be included in the swap.