• Welcome to Stitcher's Guild Reloaded. Please login or sign up.
November 18, 2019, 04:42:12 pm

News:

A big Thank-You to all of you for your continuing support of Stitcher's Guild. :)

Morzels smart SWAP *comments in main thread please*

Started by Morzel, November 09, 2019, 07:34:50 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Morzel

November 09, 2019, 07:34:50 am Last Edit: November 09, 2019, 07:38:45 am by Morzel
So, here we go again... another SWAP round!  :applause2:

This years (lovely and simple) rules:

• 11 garments, any type, any colour.
  • 1-2 of the above 11 must go with all the rest.
  • Include a new-to-you (or must-get-better) technique in 1 or more garments
  • Define a 'theme' for above collection

I am in need of smart clothes, things to wear for an evening out or if I have/want to look dressed up. Nothing too out there (I am not the ballgown type of person, or more-tulle-than-girl type), that in part can be worn even in everyday life. So a from-day-to-night collection.

I went trough my fabric closet today and found this wonderful silk piece:

It will serve well as an inspiration piece, together with above goal for the collection. I am soo looking forward to this!
Eva

Morzel

I will use this as a sketchbook for ideas...

Colours (see above)
dark blue, dark green/teal, rose, bordeaux, maybe white.

Patterns
Lots of TNTs here.

Skirts: Crescent skirt by Sewaholic, Kelly skirt by Megan Nielsen (but selfdrafted)

Pants: looking for a nice pants pattern for drapey fabric. On the table to be tried: Pattern Emporiums Harem pants, Lillesol und Pelles Sommerhose No7 and Sewoverits Carrie pants

Dress: Sheath dress (self drafted), Shirt dress (self drafted)

Tops: Pendrell blouse by Sewaholic (I added regular sleeves), simple shell (self drafted), shirt (self drafted)

Jacket: no pattern yet - I want to draft a shorter jacket/simple blazer. Maybe a nice evening coat?

Fabrics
Nice drapey fabrics, in good quality. Wool crepe, silk, drapey rayons, maybe velvet. Fabric that looks dressy. But not sparkly.
Eva