• Welcome to Stitcher's Guild Reloaded. Please login or sign up.
January 28, 2020, 03:00:26 am

News:

To purchase a gift subscription for another member, please send a private message to DragonLady, telling her who you would like to gift, so permission can be obtained before you send any money.

KathrynT's Summer to Early Autumn SWAP

Started by KathrynT, Yesterday at 04:26:46 am

Previous topic - Next topic

KathrynT

The aim of my SWAP is to increase my summer and early autumn wardrobe.  I had already started in November by making a pair of black and a pair of navy capri pants.  Then I finally got around to altering a dress that didn't have enough ease around the hips.  I got loads of positive comments, so I spent some time developing a woven T-shirt pattern and made it up in a tan double gauze and a lovely floral that I think is a linen rayon blend.  I needed another pair of black pants and wanted some more tops from my new pattern, so SWAP it is. 

This is the plan.
1. Black Capri pants :) ; Tan (Already sewn) :) , Native floral :)  and Bold print :) woven T-shirts;  white T-shirt :)     
2. Green olive pants; Floral (Already sewn) woven T-shirt :) ; Black :) , white 3/4 sleeved :)  and Alabama Chanin? T-shirts.
Goes with everything: Navy sleeveless jacket? Jade jacket :) ? Chanel style jacket?

January is my main sewing for myself time, after Christmas and before I go back to teaching at the start of February.  Most of my garments are quite simple.  These two things mean I have completed a lot of garments.  Completed garments have a smiley.  I'm not sure what will make the final cut, hence the question marks.

My new to me technique will either be an Alabama Chanin reverse applique T-shirt or a chanel style jacket with a quilted lining.

All my patterns are TNTs.
•   The woven T-shirt pattern was cut using StyleArc Sacha shirt as a start point.
•   The T-shirt is an altered StyleArc Alannah.  I lowered the neckline and widened the body to give a more drapey look with a slight high low hem.
•   The pants are StyleArc Margaret modified to have a Linda waistband.  They have evolved over several years with lots of tweaks (fit alterations) to get the fit I like.
•   I have a precious boucle bought in Italy.  Both the jade and navy are pattern trials so I can be sure of the pattern to use for the boucle.  The jade was made with Sacha.  I am using Vogue V8692 for the navy.  Not enough fabric in stash for sleeves as well.