• Welcome to Stitcher's Guild Reloaded. Please login or sign up.
September 23, 2020, 06:13:10 am

News:

To access all of our great topics, and use all the terrific features of our forum, it is now necessary to purchase a subscription. 
Visit this thread: http://artisanssquare.com/sg/index.php/topic,1849 For more information
If you should have any trouble, just email me: dl@artisanssquare.com

SWAP 2020 - Official Rules

Started by indigotiger, October 29, 2019, 10:35:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

indigotiger

sorry for the delay in my response, I had some difficulty with my computer line and only had it repaired yesterday...
Susan asked:
QuoteJust wondering, if bra-making could be my new technique and a bra could be one of my SWAP garments.  It could be worn under all the tops probably.  However, I'm not sure how I would handle the photos.
:
Alas, I must say that unless you are planning on wearing the bra as outerwear, it doesn't make an appropriate SWAP component. I recalled now that I did mention this earlier in the discussion of the rules, in reference to a query about a camisole:
QuoteWhile a garment that is worn only as underwear (such as a bra) would not be acceptable, a garment (such as a camisole) that can and will be worn as outerwear with multiple other garments (ie skirts/jackets) in your SWAP as well as an underlayer with other garments (ie dresses) in your SWAP is acceptable for a "garment that is worn with every outfit".
Perhaps at some point there could be a lingerie SWAP challenge, but again, not sure about the photo sharing aspect. That said, you have my congratulations on learning such an impressive new technique!!
The Things that Make us Happy Make us Wise.

Read about my daily life at Acorn Cottage ~ Acorn Cottage Artisanry

"It is known (to some) that by dwelling in the present, conceding what is necessary to past and future, but no more than is necessary, it is quite possible to live happily ever after"      - Edgar Pangborn

Susan in Saint John

Thank you for the clarification.

Nikoru

Hello!
As Boppingbeth mentioned waaay back in January, i sketched out a dress SWAP and i was wondering if it was too late to join?
I drafted and cut out mostly at the beginning of February, so it is still within the time frame.
Let me know of it is okay for me to post an official thread with my entry into this wonderful sewing aray!

indigotiger

Nikoru - it is certainly okay for you to join in... Particularly since the new revised end date for SWAP 2020 is June 30th, you will have a reasonable amount of time to sew

"It is known (to some) that by dwelling in the present, conceding what is necessary to past and future, but no more than is necessary, it is quite possible to live happily ever after"      - Edgar Pangborn

Sew Ruthie Sews

Hi IndigoTiger, would it be within the rules to sew

- a long black coat that goes over everything
- various trousers, shirts and cardigans/jacket which can all make outfits and be worn under the coat

If so then my life just got a lot simpler!
Ruthie in Derbyshire UK
http://ruthieksews1.blogspot.co.uk/

indigotiger

Ruthie - I think that your SWAP wardrobe as described would probably fit the rules:

Your Perfect Vision - SWAP 2020 (11 pieces, in two groups):

9 or 10 that may coordinate (be worn together) to form outfits

1 or 2 that MUST coordinate (be able to be worn with all of the others)
  (1 if you make 10 other pieces, 2 if you make 9)

You must choose a theme for your collection to act as a focal point

You must include, as part of making one (or more) garments, a technique that both stretches your skill set and is something you have been wanting to learn.

Quote- a long black coat that goes over everything
- various trousers, shirts and cardigans/jacket which can all make outfits and be worn under the coa
does meet the "distribution" rules, and you usually have a theme for each of your collections... my only question would be did you met the "new to you" technique requirement (remembering that it need not be something huge, but can also be perfecting something that you needed/wanted to get better results from

Sew Ruthie Sews

I have done a new technique which is flat felled seams on the quilted coat.
I may still make up the silk which was the original inspiration - I think it would help tie everything together with a theme.
Ruthie in Derbyshire UK
http://ruthieksews1.blogspot.co.uk/