• Welcome to Stitcher's Guild Reloaded. Please login or sign up.
November 11, 2019, 03:48:29 pm

News:

What does SG do with $35.00 per year?
-Brings together people from all walks of life who share a common love of sewing.
-Pays the bills without selling or sharing any of your personal information.
-Provides an ad-free experience for everyone.
-Provides an up-to-date cross-platform venue that works on all your favorite devices.
-Stores, protects and allows you to share your messages, posts, photos and tutorials.
-Helps keep the community active and supports its growth.

Burda 7780 men's coat

Started by kushami, October 18, 2019, 08:58:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

kushami

I am after a copy of Burda 7780:
Sarah from Australia

Turquoise

There's one here  :)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Burda-Sewing-Patterns-Women-Men-Children-Crafts-Home-Accessories-Costume/133094307559?hash=item1efd09f6e7:m:mU5KkxEx2efHZRp_K_hi40Q

Hope it's still there when you read this.

I'm not sure where you are based as they only post to UK, but if you can't source it elsewhere I could purchase and send on.

kushami

Quote from: Turquoise on October 19, 2019, 01:12:42 amThere's one here  :)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Burda-Sewing-Patterns-Women-Men-Children-Crafts-Home-Accessories-Costume/133094307559?hash=item1efd09f6e7:m:mU5KkxEx2efHZRp_K_hi40Q

Hope it's still there when you read this.

Oh, that would be wonderful! How should I send you the money? I have a PayPal account. Anyway, I will send a private message.

Yippee!

I'm not sure where you are based as they only post to UK, but if you can't source it elsewhere I could purchase and send on.
Sarah from Australia

Turquoise

Success! It was still there - it's on it's way to me and then I can send on to you.  Will send you PM.  I look forward to seeing the finished coat one of these days  :)

Funnily enough after a failed shopping trip yesterday I am thinking of making my husband a jacket and am now searching for a pattern close to the ones he liked in the shops but that were all too short for him.  Maybe we will see a flurry of men's garment sewing on SG.

CCL

October 20, 2019, 05:56:46 am #4 Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 06:13:55 am by CCL
Turquoise, what type of men's jacket? Blazer?  Fleece? Bomber? Oddly enough, BH recently mentioned wanting a sports jacket - it's been years since I made him one.  But I have a ton of patterns to choose from in my stash. I have some beautiful pic and pic wool that would be gorgeous in a sports  coat. I immensely enjoy sewing men's garments - do we have sewing menswear thread around here someplace?  I have a bunch of projects I have to get to first, but I would love to see what you and Kushami are doing!

Kushami, oh that's a lovely coat pattern!  Can't wait to see your fabric and how your project unfolds.

kushami

Oh, I hope I can start it soon! It will be for my dad, but I've got a more casual one lined up first - Foreman Jacket by Merchant & Mills.

https://merchantandmills.com/store/patterns/the-foreman/

When I get to Burda 7780 I'm hoping to use a nice twill that I got from Acorn Fabrics in the UK, if my dad likes the colour.

https://www.acornfabrics.com/fabrics/solid/kingston-sand-fabric.html

Maybe we can start a men's coat thread?
Sarah from Australia

kushami

Quote from: Turquoise on October 20, 2019, 12:08:36 amSuccess! It was still there - it's on it's way to me and then I can send on to you.  Will send you PM.  I look forward to seeing the finished coat one of these days  :)

Funnily enough after a failed shopping trip yesterday I am thinking of making my husband a jacket and am now searching for a pattern close to the ones he liked in the shops but that were all too short for him.  Maybe we will see a flurry of men's garment sewing on SG.

Thank you so much!

I hope you find a suitable pattern for your husband. My dad tried a couple of times to get a coat in a style similar to Burda 7780 - would you call it a mac? - but no luck. He ordered one from Uniqlo that looked promising, but when it arrived it was gigantic. Fingers crossed I can make him something wearable!
Sarah from Australia

CCL

Quote from: kushami on October 20, 2019, 08:48:29 pmhttps://www.acornfabrics.com/fabrics/solid/kingston-sand-fabric.html

That would be fun!  I have a vest for BH on the project list, but there are more than a couple of other items that will need to be made up before I can undertake a sports jacket for BH - meaning I probably won't start on it for another year.  But if you start a thread on sewing menswear jackets and coats, I will be watching and enjoying what everyone else is doing.

The only full coat I have made for BH was a faux suede on (album here).  I was so nervous working with the faux suede that I decided to forgo pockets on the outside and only a single patch and one breast pocket on the inside.  I must say, though, it was an immensely fun project.

Manuela's Sherlock coat for her husband, though, was tremendous.  I will go see if I can find a photo of the done coat.

kushami

CCL (and mods) - I am unsure where to start a menswear jacket sewing thread. Which section would be best?
Sarah from Australia

kushami

Quote from: CCL on October 21, 2019, 06:46:34 am
Quote from: kushami on October 20, 2019, 08:48:29 pmhttps://www.acornfabrics.com/fabrics/solid/kingston-sand-fabric.html

That would be fun!  I have a vest for BH on the project list, but there are more than a couple of other items that will need to be made up before I can undertake a sports jacket for BH - meaning I probably won't start on it for another year.  But if you start a thread on sewing menswear jackets and coats, I will be watching and enjoying what everyone else is doing.

The only full coat I have made for BH was a faux suede on (album here).  I was so nervous working with the faux suede that I decided to forgo pockets on the outside and only a single patch and one breast pocket on the inside.  I must say, though, it was an immensely fun project.

Manuela's Sherlock coat for her husband, though, was tremendous.  I will go see if I can find a photo of the done coat.

That is a gorgeous coat! I remember seeing your photos a while ago, but it is nice to look theough them again. I would like to make that pattern in wool when I advance a bit further.
Sarah from Australia

Turquoise

The pattern is now on it's way to you - I'm just back from post office!  :)