• Welcome to Stitcher's Guild Reloaded. Please login or sign up.
November 18, 2019, 05:15:47 pm

News:

To purchase a gift subscription for another member, please send a private message to DragonLady, telling her who you would like to gift, so permission can be obtained before you send any money.

Burda 7780 men's coat

Started by kushami, October 18, 2019, 08:58:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

kushami

I am after a copy of Burda 7780:
Sarah from Australia

Turquoise

There's one here  :)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Burda-Sewing-Patterns-Women-Men-Children-Crafts-Home-Accessories-Costume/133094307559?hash=item1efd09f6e7:m:mU5KkxEx2efHZRp_K_hi40Q

Hope it's still there when you read this.

I'm not sure where you are based as they only post to UK, but if you can't source it elsewhere I could purchase and send on.

kushami

Quote from: Turquoise on October 19, 2019, 01:12:42 amThere's one here  :)

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Burda-Sewing-Patterns-Women-Men-Children-Crafts-Home-Accessories-Costume/133094307559?hash=item1efd09f6e7:m:mU5KkxEx2efHZRp_K_hi40Q

Hope it's still there when you read this.

Oh, that would be wonderful! How should I send you the money? I have a PayPal account. Anyway, I will send a private message.

Yippee!

I'm not sure where you are based as they only post to UK, but if you can't source it elsewhere I could purchase and send on.
Sarah from Australia

Turquoise

Success! It was still there - it's on it's way to me and then I can send on to you.  Will send you PM.  I look forward to seeing the finished coat one of these days  :)

Funnily enough after a failed shopping trip yesterday I am thinking of making my husband a jacket and am now searching for a pattern close to the ones he liked in the shops but that were all too short for him.  Maybe we will see a flurry of men's garment sewing on SG.

CCL

October 20, 2019, 05:56:46 am #4 Last Edit: October 20, 2019, 06:13:55 am by CCL
Turquoise, what type of men's jacket? Blazer?  Fleece? Bomber? Oddly enough, BH recently mentioned wanting a sports jacket - it's been years since I made him one.  But I have a ton of patterns to choose from in my stash. I have some beautiful pic and pic wool that would be gorgeous in a sports  coat. I immensely enjoy sewing men's garments - do we have sewing menswear thread around here someplace?  I have a bunch of projects I have to get to first, but I would love to see what you and Kushami are doing!

Kushami, oh that's a lovely coat pattern!  Can't wait to see your fabric and how your project unfolds.

kushami

Oh, I hope I can start it soon! It will be for my dad, but I've got a more casual one lined up first - Foreman Jacket by Merchant & Mills.

https://merchantandmills.com/store/patterns/the-foreman/

When I get to Burda 7780 I'm hoping to use a nice twill that I got from Acorn Fabrics in the UK, if my dad likes the colour.

https://www.acornfabrics.com/fabrics/solid/kingston-sand-fabric.html

Maybe we can start a men's coat thread?
Sarah from Australia

kushami

Quote from: Turquoise on October 20, 2019, 12:08:36 amSuccess! It was still there - it's on it's way to me and then I can send on to you.  Will send you PM.  I look forward to seeing the finished coat one of these days  :)

Funnily enough after a failed shopping trip yesterday I am thinking of making my husband a jacket and am now searching for a pattern close to the ones he liked in the shops but that were all too short for him.  Maybe we will see a flurry of men's garment sewing on SG.

Thank you so much!

I hope you find a suitable pattern for your husband. My dad tried a couple of times to get a coat in a style similar to Burda 7780 - would you call it a mac? - but no luck. He ordered one from Uniqlo that looked promising, but when it arrived it was gigantic. Fingers crossed I can make him something wearable!
Sarah from Australia

CCL

Quote from: kushami on October 20, 2019, 08:48:29 pmhttps://www.acornfabrics.com/fabrics/solid/kingston-sand-fabric.html

That would be fun!  I have a vest for BH on the project list, but there are more than a couple of other items that will need to be made up before I can undertake a sports jacket for BH - meaning I probably won't start on it for another year.  But if you start a thread on sewing menswear jackets and coats, I will be watching and enjoying what everyone else is doing.

The only full coat I have made for BH was a faux suede on (album here).  I was so nervous working with the faux suede that I decided to forgo pockets on the outside and only a single patch and one breast pocket on the inside.  I must say, though, it was an immensely fun project.

Manuela's Sherlock coat for her husband, though, was tremendous.  I will go see if I can find a photo of the done coat.

kushami

CCL (and mods) - I am unsure where to start a menswear jacket sewing thread. Which section would be best?
Sarah from Australia

kushami

Quote from: CCL on October 21, 2019, 06:46:34 am
Quote from: kushami on October 20, 2019, 08:48:29 pmhttps://www.acornfabrics.com/fabrics/solid/kingston-sand-fabric.html

That would be fun!  I have a vest for BH on the project list, but there are more than a couple of other items that will need to be made up before I can undertake a sports jacket for BH - meaning I probably won't start on it for another year.  But if you start a thread on sewing menswear jackets and coats, I will be watching and enjoying what everyone else is doing.

The only full coat I have made for BH was a faux suede on (album here).  I was so nervous working with the faux suede that I decided to forgo pockets on the outside and only a single patch and one breast pocket on the inside.  I must say, though, it was an immensely fun project.

Manuela's Sherlock coat for her husband, though, was tremendous.  I will go see if I can find a photo of the done coat.

That is a gorgeous coat! I remember seeing your photos a while ago, but it is nice to look theough them again. I would like to make that pattern in wool when I advance a bit further.
Sarah from Australia

Turquoise

The pattern is now on it's way to you - I'm just back from post office!  :)