• Welcome to Stitcher's Guild Reloaded. Please login or sign up.
July 16, 2020, 10:24:30 am

News:

Remember:  Finalizing a subscription is a manual process, so be patient; your account will be updated ASAP.

The pre-2020 SWAP jacket challenge

Started by CCL, October 12, 2019, 12:40:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

stephaniecan

Happy to be in good company, Wendy! :)

Sew Ruthie Sews

I'm hoping to get some sewing time on Monday as I am on leave but DBF is at work.
But hey, if not I'll just sew all my garments in the SWAP timeframe.
Ruthie in Derbyshire UK
http://ruthieksews1.blogspot.co.uk/

CCL

Thanks to Dragonlady, we have a gallery set up for this year's jacket challenge.   More on posting to come, but basically identify whether you are entering the Beginner - to Intermediate challenge or the Intermediate Plus challenge. 
Include a brief description of the "new to you" technique. Also, post, at a minimum, three photos of the garment on the intended wearer - side, front, and back.

More later, but I wanted to get this out there for you all!

warpjr1965

Thanks! Working on the jean jacket now, likely till the very last minute!
Wendy

warpjr1965

Hi all, not sure who is still sewing along on this. Looks like I will not be able to finish anything by the deadline.  DD's jacket is almost done, but we have not settled on buttons yet, which means no button holes, which means no finished jacket. :(
Wendy

Sew Ruthie Sews

I've not done anything at all on my pre SWAP jacket, and its now Christmas Eve, so I'm not going to start now.
(I did go and buy even more fabric in my SWAP colourway though - my local roll end shop happened to have stuff in which worked so I bought it).
Well done to those who've got some way on a project, whether finished or not.
Ruthie in Derbyshire UK
http://ruthieksews1.blogspot.co.uk/

BinMI

No jacket here ::) I did get the pattern traced and need to move forward to muslin.

marciae

No jacket here!  Have done nothing!! :D

indigotiger

the only reason I have a jacket to enter is that I worked on it a lot earlier in the year (which is not what I usually do) since I have been swamped with sewing for other people, and making gifts... I have not, however, managed to take back or side view photos, and will have to attempt that on Christmas Day! What is the plan for posting our photos?
The Things that Make us Happy Make us Wise.

Read about my daily life at Acorn Cottage ~ Acorn Cottage Artisanry

"It is known (to some) that by dwelling in the present, conceding what is necessary to past and future, but no more than is necessary, it is quite possible to live happily ever after"      - Edgar Pangborn

warpjr1965

All right. My little brain has been busy working. I have come up with plan number 3, and I just may be able to pull it off by tomorrow.

Stay tuned, and cross your fingers for me!
Wendy

CCL

December 25, 2019, 01:51:29 pm #115 Last Edit: December 25, 2019, 02:00:14 pm by CCL
Quote from: indigotiger on December 24, 2019, 07:01:43 pmthe only reason I have a jacket to enter is that I worked on it a lot earlier in the year (which is not what I usually do) since I have been swamped with sewing for other people, and making gifts... I have not, however, managed to take back or side view photos, and will have to attempt that on Christmas Day! What is the plan for posting our photos?

Hi IndigoTiger.  Dragonlady has set up a jacket gallery for us. 
    NOTE DEADLINE EXTENDED TO DECEMBER 28th
    (a couple of extra days, since I forgot that everyone who might want to enter might also be tied up with the holidays.)

Here's a timeline and I hope everyone who wants to finish is able to finish.

Jacket Challenge Timeline and instructions for entering your creations:
    • 12-28-19: December 28th- Sewing Stops on ... 12-28-19 Midnight Pacific Coast Time (I think that gets everyone???)
    • 12-28-19 through 01-11-20:
      • Post three photos of the jacket (front, back, side) on the intended wearer in the Jacket Challenge gallery that Dragon Lady has already set up.  Both Beginner to Intermediate and Intermediate to Advanced post in the same gallery
        You can crop off "heads" (I always do!!!) but otherwise the photos of the jacket should be of the jacket on a person.
      • Include a description that includes:
        • Which contest you are entering (Beginner to Intermediate or Intermediate to Advanced)
        • The "name" of your creation, for example...something like  CCL V7975 or CCL's plaid jacket - Keep in mind that this is the name we will use in the poll for voting.
        • The "new thing" - fabric, pattern, technique etc.

• 01-12-20 through 01-18-20: Everyone can vote on their favorites in the two polls -in the Beginner to Intermediate and the Intermediate to Advanced threads.
    • 01-19-20: Winners announced
    • 01-31-20: - as soon as preferences for fabric vendors received, prizes awarded by end of January 2020

Below, I hope, is a link to the Jacket Challenge Gallery.  And if I understood DL's instructions correctly, I will post polls for voting in each two competition threads after everyone who is entering has posted their photos in the gallery.[/list]

2019 Jacket Challenge Gallery

warpjr1965

Well, I got a good bit done on the coat I started a few days ago, but I will not be finished by the deadline. :(
    Wendy

CCL

Oh NO!

The galleries are empty.  Are there no entries at all in this year's pre-swap challenge?

indigotiger

I'm going to take some jacket photos today, even if the weather doesn't cooperate... one of these days I'll figure out some place to take photos that isn't outdoors. I sure hope I'm not the only person who finished a jacket!

"It is known (to some) that by dwelling in the present, conceding what is necessary to past and future, but no more than is necessary, it is quite possible to live happily ever after"      - Edgar Pangborn

indigotiger

January 11, 2020, 11:21:55 pm #119 Last Edit: January 12, 2020, 12:29:50 am by indigotiger
    well dang, the weather wasn't cooperative,  and I just realised that it is actually the 11th!!!
    so I am going to try and take a back and side view indoors, so I can put photos up today... There really isn't a good place in the house to take photos, but I will do my best...
    ... and just under the wire... not my best photos ever, but in the house is nowhere good for taking pictures, I ended up standing in the hallway next to the furnace closet with the tripod stuffed in the bathtub!

CCL

IndigoTiger, what a stunner!  So beautiful.   Thank you for sharing and letting us enjoy such true craftsmanship

fzxdoc

So far I only see one jacket entry for this contest? Am I seeing everything?

Kathryn
    My blog: I Made This! at http://imadethis-asewingblog.blogspot.com/
    Flickr Photos: https://www.flickr.com/photos/72428033@N00/albums

2018 Dress a Month count:

CCL

Quote from: fzxdoc on January 15, 2020, 08:25:25 amSo far I only see one jacket entry for this contest? Am I seeing everything?

Kathryn

Kathryn, that's all that I saw!  Here's the link to voting Vote  Here.

Apologies if I missed anyone's - and congratulations to the eventual winner!

kowgiirl.up

Quote from: CCL on January 15, 2020, 09:39:58 amHere's the link to voting Vote  Here.

For the category you linked to CCL, no one else can enter now that we non-contestants have the chance to vote right?
    Theresa

Runs with scissors

CCL

Theresa, yes, unless somehow I missed someone's entry, but I just saw the four photos that are posted appropriately in the Jacket Challenge Gallery.

Perhaps a jacket challenge wasn't the best idea after all. :faintthud:

kowgiirl.up

Quote from: CCL on January 15, 2020, 01:21:52 pmPerhaps a jacket challenge wasn't the best idea after all. :faintthud:

I thought it was a good idea and I so wanted to join in on the fun. I'm hoping I can hop on board next time :)
    Theresa

Runs with scissors

Turquoise

@CCL the jacket challenge was a great idea and I wanted to take part but life just got in the way with too many work commitments.  It did get me fired up about jackets I wanted to sew  :thumbsup:

Lisa Laree

I actually need a jacket or two ...but my Nov-Dec sewing was consumed with Christmas production sewing.  I am hoping to actually get something made for myself this weekend; first non-costuming sewing for myself since...August?  It was a crazy fall...

fzxdoc

Quote from: CCL on January 15, 2020, 01:21:52 pmTheresa, yes, unless somehow I missed someone's entry, but I just saw the four photos that are posted appropriately in the Jacket Challenge Gallery.

Perhaps a jacket challenge wasn't the best idea after all. :faintthud:

At least you tried, and we all have the inspiration of seeing a beautifully made entry.

Kathryn
    My blog: I Made This! at http://imadethis-asewingblog.blogspot.com/
    Flickr Photos: https://www.flickr.com/photos/72428033@N00/albums

2018 Dress a Month count: