Author Topic: New Bernina 7 Series Models,PaintWork Accessory & CrystalWorks Accessory  (Read 9855 times)

Offline Pina

Bernina introduced three new sewing machines,the Bernina 7 Series at Bernina University 2012 at the annual dealer convention.The Bernina 710,Bernina 750 QE and Bernina 780 E,the Bernina 7 Series machines will be available Fall of 2012.Here is a video.

With the launch of the new Bernina 7 Series,Bernina presents a world’s first,the Bernina 9 Hook. Combining the two best hook technologies, the B9 Hook is patent pending. The new heart of the Bernina machine features a novel, centrally-placed driver, which allows the B9 Hook to run steady and quiet. The B9 Hook sews high-precision stitches up to 9mm in width with speeds up to a 1,000 stitches per minute. And the bobbin has 80 percent more thread capacity than the standard bobbins allowing you to sew longer without interruption. Finally, the B9 Hook is made of high-quality materials that allow the thread to run smoothly at consistent tension.
Replace the embroidery foot with the PaintWork accessory and load with a fabric pen, pencil or other drawing tool of choice. Import a PaintWork ready design file and your Bernina embroidery machine is ready to create a “machine-painted” masterpiece.

PaintWork Accessory package includes the PaintWork tool, pen adapters for various size/types of markers and a package of 10 textile markers. When it becomes available the first 20 design files can be downloaded for Bernina Additional companion designs sold separately.

Bernina is pleased to announce the release of an innovative suite of companion accessories and software built upon the CutWork platform. Each unique accessory and software component, including the CutWork tool, my be purchased individually or in a variety of bundles for instant savings. Enter the next dimension of creative sewing with custom cut shapes, paint and crystal appliqués to make your projects unique.

CrystalWorks Accessory package includes the CrystalWorks tool, punch stamps and die-plates. When it becomes available the first 20 design files will be available from Bernina. Additional companion designs sold separately.
Here are the videos.  ;)

Offline J Miller

• Sewing Machine junkie :D
Wow, that's a lot of fancy fluff to introduce.      But, um can it really sew?

Joe    :D
Love the old iron and wood machines.  They're solid and reliable.   
Founder of IAAA - I Am An Anachronism .

Offline SewMaris

• New (or Just Quiet) Member :)
Interesting. Is the 7 series going to supplant the 830 as the "top of the line" machine? What are the replative advantages/disadvantages between the machines?

Thanks...

Maris
http://sewmaris.com

Offline Pina

What are the replative advantages/disadvantages between the machines?

Thanks...

Maris
http://sewmaris.com 

Maris,I can't answer your questions,other than what I posted above,Bernina introduced three new sewing machines,the Bernina 7 Series at Bernina University 2012 at the annual dealer convention.The Bernina 710,Bernina 750 QE and Bernina 780 E,the Bernina 7 Series machines will be available Fall of 2012

I noticed you posted your website in your post with sewing classes and private sewing lessons.

Offline bistry

I currently own the 830 and am not excited about it.  Will the new machine be any lighter weight?  It will do wonderful things, but I am too old to lug it to the dealer's for classes and I am not very good at being self-taught.  I also hope the new hook system is better than the one on the 830, which is very fussy and hard to see.  I have been considering trading down to the 580, but want to see the new ones before I decide.

Offline Kuby

• Kuby's Korner
Blistry,

I have an 830 and I'm learning to love it. I really think it's a bonding thing with sewing machines. I've had all the TOL Bernina machines since the 1630. I still have my 1630 and 200 upgraded to 730. The 830 took some work to get used to the new bobbin assembly. The new 700 series also has a new bobbin assembly. You are wise to wait and watch and not get Version 1.

It's funny, when I use another sewing machine, it always seems so small now that I'm used to the 830.  I love the jumbo hoop that the 830 uses, and the embroidery quality is truly awesome. Admittedly I don't embroider that much now as I seem consumed with garment sewing. I'm sure once I start playing around with denim and other solids, I will be more apt to embroider.

Is the size the only thing you don't like about the 830?

Offline annenet

• Lighthouse fanatic and avid climber
    • Sewingtechie blog
I know the 830 can't go into a lift cabinet, so I wonder about the 7 series for that.
Too many ideas, not enough time.

http://sewingtechie.blogspot.com/

Offline Kuby

• Kuby's Korner
Ann, my 830 is in a lift cabinet one made for the 830. I even have an inset so the bed can be level when sewing.

Offline annenet

• Sewingtechie blog
What kind of cabinet Kuby? I've got an airlift in my Rockler so if I want one I hope it will fit (DFIL made it and can alter it for me).

Offline Kuby

• Kuby's Korner
Mine is like this one. It also has a back portion that can slide out.

I can measure the up/down shelf portion if you want.

Offline Garden Girl

Re: New Bernina 7 Series Models,PaintWork Accessory & CrystalWorks Accessory
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2012, 03:34:10 AM »

:wave3:
"step away from the pricey sewing machine doodads"

Wow, that's a lot of fancy fluff to introduce.      But, um can it really sew?

Joe    :D

Well said Joe. Leave it to Bernina to find a new way to separate sewists from a lot of their money. Gee, a fancy new paint by number kit.

The large throat/ harp area is of course nice, but I'd skip the new hook technology until it's been on the market and field tested for a year or so. And really, do you want a sewing machine that requires a moving crew? >:D

Rene

Offline jem

« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2012, 04:20:59 AM »
Thank you Rene for bringing me back to reality. I was just starting to think about what I could sell in order to buy this machine.when you describe it as fancy paint by number I realize how outrageous the price is.

Offline bistry

« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2012, 11:01:38 PM »
There are two things that really discourage me with my 830.  The number one thing is the bobbin system.  It does not adapt well to different threads that I like to use - very fussy about tension and for a machine that costs so much, I don't think the reverse side of the work is very nice looking.  I can get the top to behave, but the back is quite often very loopy and messy, usually so much so that I must cover it on a garment so as not to irritate the skin.   Also, I think I would do more classes etc with it if it were more portable.  Those of us who are in the financial position to be able to afford the machine are often too old to easily lift it in and out of the cabinet, the vehicle, etc. in order to go to class.  The dealer is a great help when I go there, but unfortunately he does not want to come to my home to get it back into the sewing cabinet. ;D   I do have the Horn Quilters Dream table and have bought supplemental braces to hold it in the table, but also get error messages on the machine when sewing due to the vibration.  Also, I have caught my finger in the bobbin case area several times when trying to adjust things.  Some of the metal parts down there are very sharp, and even with the mirror tool I have trouble seeing the thread path for embroidery.

Offline Kuby

• Kuby's Korner
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2012, 05:43:05 PM »
Hi Bistry,

I agree with everything you say. i too was incensed after paying 12000 for a machine and had to deal with a) the sensor going bad after a short time b) needle threader being replaced (and I had to pay to get it fixed) c) needle threader only working 80% of the time. d) cryptic bobbin assembly coupled with finicky behavior at times e) the silver plating coming off the bobbins making them unusable f) instability of cutout for machine cabinet when embroidering on high speeds. g) unable to upgrade via the internet as promised due to problems with the upgrades.

(Did I list everything? Yup, think so)

With all of the above said I can tell you how I deal with the above:

After having the machine almost three years, I learned the 'trick' of bobbin threading.  What really helped me was a small magnification mirror. (not the tiny round dentists mirror it comes with) These can be found in the cosmetics dept and are about 3 inches around. I lay it down when the bobbin door is open and visualize the little fork on the bottom. I'm not referring to the clip the thread goes in when embroidering, this little fork thingy if left unthreaded will as you say, make the underside stitch look ragged. Once you are sure the thread is in the fork, bringing the thread so it snaps into the clip is easy.  This took a lot of trial of error. Before this update, when I did an outline stitch, there would be loops on the bottom when doing an outline stitch. I haven't embroidered in awhile, as I've been engaged in a lot of garment sewing, but the embroidery quality in general, I've been happy with it. I'm so sorry you cut your fingers.  I'm guessing this happened when you were trying to clean out a jam.

I have several top of the line Bernina's starting with the 1630. The machine I couldn't bond with was the 180. I used to use my 1630 to sew and only use the 180 for embroidery.  I have the 200 upgraded to the 730. Each machine, when it first came had it's share of problems.  I'm not a sewing machine dealer anymore, but I can say never trust version 1 of a product.  I'm very suspicious of the new bobbin assembly coming with the new 700 series hitting the market now. I'd wait, maybe subscribe to a Yahoo Newsgroup and monitor for awhile to see what problems this machine has.  (Bear in mind that there are always the 'cheerleaders' that will praise the machine or insinuate that the problems people have with the machine are operator error.  I probably should have done this with the 830E, but I was so caught up in the excitement and was at that time able to afford it.

Offline annenet

• Sewingtechie blog
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2012, 01:34:57 PM »
Well I figured out one thing that will work with the 780 on my cabinet - my lift is rated up to 35 lbs! It's from Rockler, a woodworking tool place. I just have to figure out if the size will work.

Kuby, how tall is you 830? I don't think the 780 is as tall but that might help. Also one of the local dealers said Bernina is doing 48 month financing in October. Hmmmm.......

And I did subscribe to the 7 group. DH is such an enabler - he said if I want it, go for it...

Offline Kuby

• Kuby's Korner
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2012, 03:50:32 PM »
Annenet,

You have a wonderful husband. (That's how I ended up with the 830E)

I really strongly suggest you wait to see how the newer machine's bobbin mechanism holds up and what the complaints are. I purchased my 830E when it was out about a year and there were still problems. Sheesh, I read on the boards that people still have problems with the 830E Limited Edition.

What machine do you have now?

I know the excitement of a new machine, and all the bells and whistles. I love all sewing machines.

Take your time!

Offline annenet

• Sewingtechie blog
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2012, 04:13:01 PM »
I've got a 165E, 220 Activa and my main machine is a 630E. I really love that machine but things like the bigger embroidery field, auto thread cutter, low bobbin indicator and creative consultant are really apealling to me. I probably will hold off (my other machines were out for years before I bought them) but I'm really curious to find if it will fit in my cabinet.

When a new machine does get aquired I will probably sell the 165E because I'll need the floor space! I'm definitely hanging on the 630E though.

Offline Karen Roth

Karen

Offline jem

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2012, 05:58:19 PM »
Do all three models work with the Paintwork and Crystalworks Accessory?  Does anyone have any idea how much extra the accessory kit is? 

Offline annenet

• Sewingtechie blog
« Reply #19 on: August 17, 2012, 10:43:58 PM »
The 7 machines are on the Bernina UK site:

http://www.bernina.co.uk/bernina7series.html

I'd really love to know how big they are.

Offline sdBev

• sdBev
« Reply #20 on: August 19, 2012, 08:15:10 AM »
The 7 machines are on the Bernina UK site:

http://www.bernina.co.uk/bernina7series.html

I'd really love to know how big they are.
Me too.  The last series was over 3'.  I was looking to replace my 1630 at the time and the size put Bernina out of consideration. I know I can buy a bigger table, but I can't fit a bigger table than I already have in my sewing room.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2012, 07:24:36 PM by sdBev »

Offline bessiecrocker

« Reply #21 on: August 19, 2012, 07:23:55 PM »
Where I am the new Berninas may already be out and in the showroom. All I can say is that I saw "something" very very very large on display. My first reaction was "Is that a sewing machine?" (I did not check the model.) My first car was smaller than the thing on display.

Offline sdBev

• sdBev
« Reply #22 on: August 19, 2012, 07:25:43 PM »
Where I am the new Berninas may already be out and in the showroom. All I can say is that I saw "something" very very very large on display. My first reaction was "Is that a sewing machine?" (I did not check the model.) My first car was smaller than the thing on display.
My second reaction would be, if I'm going to buying something this large and this expensive, why am I not investing in a professional model(s)?

Offline Pina

« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2012, 06:30:07 PM »
Hi,if anyone is interested,on the Bernina International Youtube channel one can see the new Bernina  9 hook (7 series sewing machines),as well as many other Bernina videos here.

Offline annenet

• Sewingtechie blog
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2012, 11:30:11 PM »
Well the one place the 780 didn't work was it's length 19+ inches and it's taller than the 830E.

So after reconsidering I went for a 580. It has most of the features I wanted and I've gotten pretty good at multihooping to get bigger designs. My dealer knocked off 30% of the msrp, is giving me lessons and gave me a $100 gift certificate. I did spring on the Paintworks - it works with the cutwork dongle and I didn't have to buy the whole thing and they gave me 25% off.

So far I love this 580 - and I'm keeping the others as the 630E is the perfect second machine and the 165E will be moving to our lake house.

Offline Kuby

• Kuby's Korner
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2012, 11:45:21 PM »
Annenet,

Sounds like a wise decision. I have trouble getting rid of a machine when I get a new one. I still have my 1630, and my 200 upgraded to a 730E.  I had no trouble parting with the 180 though. I only used that for embroidery and by the time the 200 came out, all of my designs were offline. Very frustrating.   What was weird was when the 830E was in the shop and I used the 200 it felt like a baby machine.  Lately, I've been loving my 2034. I really can't explain how I love the feel and control of it.  I do have my 830E set up and I use it primarily. I'm addicted to sewing machines.

I'd love to hear your review of the Paintworks. Especially if the ink drips through the fabric.

Offline jem

Now that the 7 series has been out awhile. What are you opinions issues pros cons with the 780?

Offline Karen Roth

Hehehe. Sounds like you've been at Baron's, or are thinking of visiting ;) (I just left there about 15 minutes ago...)
Karen

Offline granmomus

a friend recently told me another new model-TOL-is coming out. I think she said 880 but not sure. Will list at over $13,000.
I haven't been able to bond with modern Bernina's but love my old vintage one. But love computerized machines, prefer the TOL of another brand,

Offline annenet

• Sewingtechie blog
Yes, 880, 560 (opt embroidery), some new jet threading sergers, some newly decorated 350s, and a new entry embroidery/sewing machine (Bernette). Also V7 embroidery software. All announced at Bernina U last week.

Offline Lyn-J

Lynne

Offline sdBev

• sdBev
You tube link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-B1w3T8PXY8
Oh neat!  The narrator happens to be at sewing store I go to in Sioux Falls. Yes she's always that up.  She leads our Sewtopia sewing club and has been instrumental in selling me two Viking machines. >:D

Offline annenet

• Sewingtechie blog
I'm really interested in the sergers - I've pretty much mastered my 1300mdc but I'm always interested in new technology!

Gorgeous Fabrics Fabric Mart Fabrics