• Welcome to Stitcher's Guild Reloaded. Please login or sign up.
July 22, 2019, 12:04:01 pm

News:

To reply to a private message, you must login to the forums and use the messaging system.  If you attempt to answer the email notification, it just bounces to me.

Treefrog's Butterfly Effect SWAP

Started by treefrog, December 21, 2018, 11:27:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

treefrog

December 21, 2018, 11:27:23 pm Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 11:31:29 pm by treefrog
My initial inspiration is coming from one of my fabrics.  Plenty of room to play with colour and prints  :) 

I'm thinking of calling the collection "The Butterfly Effect", with the pun on chaos theory intended!  To that end the 'plan' is very loose:  fill in the gaps in my wardrobe with a couple of neutrals and then add heaps of colour and prints.   In the true spirit of chaos theory, I'm not going to decide on fabrics, patterns etc until I start each project.  It will just evolve.

Bottom row are the neutrals.  Most likely use olive with  denim blue or charcoal.
Right columns are the accents (first col are lights, second are bolder)

Pre existing item
Blog Post :Denim jeans

Pre-start item
Blog Post : Mustard stripe T

First Outfit

Wildcards
Likely to be a bra and undies as it is an easy way to double/treble up on a colour or print.  It's a great project to do in a heatwave

My initial thought was a denim-look knit with black lace trim... but I don't necessarily need to restrict the colour to one of the neutrals

treefrog

Just a quick update.  I finally found some olive denim and couldn't resist making a pair of jeans with it. 

And a pair of floaty rayon pants

treefrog

I haven't updated my 'progress' in a while.  Since my last update, I've fallen down the rabbit hole of drafting a bodice and sleeve sloper.  It's been quite challenging (fitting wise) but also a lot of fun (drafting wise).  So far I've made two shirts from my draft..

Yellow cotton shirt
Print capris

Tencel shirt

Lace top

plus an olive t-shirt and shorts made from the butterfly print ( both not photographed as yet).  At this stage I need to have a look at how my non-plan fits in with the rules.

treefrog

My wildcards (blog post) are done, just don't ask me to model them  :-[
I chose the easy way out an made them in one of my neutral colours.  So I think I'm very close to the finish line with perhaps one more print still to go.

treefrog

So here is my completed SWAP.  It is more of a collection this time around, unlike the more co-ordinated wardrobes that I have done in the past.  What I like about this one is that it adds a lot more colour and extends what I have already.  A bonus has been that I've managed to draft a bodice and sleeve sloper that I used for the two woven shirts.

Lace Tee -  Self drafted
Yellow shirt - Self drafted from bodice sloper
Striped Top - Knipmode #9/#10 May 2013
Blue shirt - Self drafted from bodice sloper
Olive T - Lekala (no longer available)
Butterfly print shorts - Knipmode #3 July 2010
Olive bra - adapted from Merckwaerdigh Mix4
Olive undies - Merckwaerdigh SV32
Blue jeans - adapted from Knipmode #13 Jan 2011
Black floral pants - StyleArc Lola
White print capris - Self drafted from pant sloper
Olive jeans - adapted from Knipmode #13 Jan 2011

Rungsiman

I know that it's a bad post, but I always come in to read.