• Welcome to Stitcher's Guild Reloaded. Please login or sign up.
May 20, 2019, 09:03:30 pm

News:

If you have any trouble, or anything doesn't seem to be working properly, email DragonLady: dl@artisanssquare.com for assistance.

Voting for the Intermediate to Advanced Dress Challenge

Started by CCL, December 17, 2018, 04:28:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

CCL

I have copied the instructions for posting your photos here:   If you have any questions, post it here and DragonLady will be able answer any technical questions and I will try to address any content questions.  Once all the photos are posted in the gallery, I will set up a poll for the Intermediate to Advanced category in this Thread.

12-16-18 through 12-23-18:
  • Post three photos of the dress (front, back, side) on the intended wearer in the Dress Challenge gallery that Dragon Lady has already set up.  Both Beginner to Intermediate and Intermediate to Advanced post in the same gallery

• You can crop off "heads" (I always do!!!) but otherwise the photos of the dress should be of the dress on a person. 
  • Include a description that includes:
    • Which contest you are entering (Beginner to Intermediate or Intermediate to Advanced)

• The "name" of your creation, for example, something like CCL V9428 or CCL's Hippie throwback - Keep in mind that this is the name we will use in the poll for voting.

• The "new thing" - fabric, pattern, technique etc.

indigotiger

I hope I posted my photos correctly... can someone check and make sure that they are in the correct place?
The Things that Make us Happy Make us Wise.

Read about my daily life at Acorn Cottage ~ Acorn Cottage Artisanry

"It is known (to some) that by dwelling in the present, conceding what is necessary to past and future, but no more than is necessary, it is quite possible to live happily ever after"      - Edgar Pangborn

sharonspils

They look amazing indigotiger and from what I can tell they look like they are in the right place, hope so as that is where I plan to put mine.

Question, did you load them in the order you wanted them individually (I haven't used the gallery before) as I tried the other day and they were all out of order so I deleted them.

indigotiger

There is apparently no way to rearrange the order, as I found out the first time I tried... so what I did was delete those, and upload them one at a time, starting with the one I wanted to be the last image... and then the next to last, and so on, finally with the one I wanted to be first, the sketch of my idea...

"It is known (to some) that by dwelling in the present, conceding what is necessary to past and future, but no more than is necessary, it is quite possible to live happily ever after"      - Edgar Pangborn

sharonspils

Thank you so much indigotiger I would have done the opposite way, so thank you for saving me a lot of time and frustration.

CCL

IndigoTiger and Sharonspils -- what Indigo posted looks perfect to me.  DragonLady will chime in if there's something we are missing!

DragonLady

Yes; upload them one at a time, or put numbers as the first character in the title, and they should arrange themselves -let me know if they don't.
The road to our success is always under construction.
If you should have any trouble with any aspect of the forums, just email me: dl@artisanssquare.com

Buy a Subscription Now to participate in all of our great discussions! Less than .75ยข per week for all-you-can-eat access. :)  Gift Subscriptions are available, too; just message me for assistance anytime.

Visit my Etsy shop for gorgeous buttons, craft, & sewing supplies:<br />https://www.etsy.com/shop/RoadsideAttractions

indigotiger

December 19, 2018, 09:28:11 pm #7 Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 09:31:32 pm by indigotiger
Ummm Dragonlady... I just tried to post a fifth photo to the gallery, and put the number 5 as the first character in the title, but it still posted as the first item, not the fifth... and I carefully added the numbers 1 through 4 to the other titles beforehand...

Edited to add... apparently if I change the boxes at the top of the gallery to "sort by Title", and "ascending order" it sorts the photos the way I want them... there are a lot of other options though and I didn't realise that the sorting was set up differently

sharonspils

Okay I've posted my photos, I just hope they are in the correct place.

DragonLady even though Indigotiger has numbered hers, when I view them 5 is first.

CCL

Indigotiger and Sharonspils, they look great to me! Such beautiful creations!

BinMI

When I click on the gallery I don't see pictures???

kowgiirl.up

December 22, 2018, 08:26:03 am #11 Last Edit: December 22, 2018, 08:39:20 am by kowgiirl.up
Quote from: BinMI on December 22, 2018, 07:24:13 am
When I click on the gallery I don't see pictures???

It took me a bit to find them myself. I double tap on the Gallery button to find them. The first tap gives me options for posting my own stuff but the second tap gives me the gallery.

Editing to add,

When I double tap as described above this is the screen I get.

Oh, I better charge the battery on my iPad  :)
Theresa

Runs with scissors

CCL

December 22, 2018, 10:25:47 am #12 Last Edit: December 22, 2018, 02:39:36 pm by CCL
Thanks, Kowgirrl.up!

BinMI, try this link -  there are 10 wonderful photos!

The Dress Challenge Photo Gallery

indigotiger

so... does it matter that I cannot get my photos in the order of 1,2,3,4,5...? I have tried several times and different orders of uploading them, but they never end up that way.

CCL

No, it doesn't matter in what order your photos are in.  The only requirements for the photos are that there be a photo of the side, front and back views of the garment on the person for whom the garment was made and then a description/or photo of the "new thing."

indigotiger

My description of what I did that was a new challenge  is with photo #1, the other photos captions add details

BinMI

Finally was able to get into photos, thanks all.

Beautiful makes!

CCL

Introducing the Intermediate to Advanced entrants:  This is going to be difficult!  Here's a link to the gallery so you can see all the views as I have only included thumbnails of fronts of each dress.Link to Dress Challenge Gallery Such gorgeous dresses, such spendid sewists!

And thank you all for the inspirations!

IndigoTiger's Indigo Batik Stripe
New Techniques:- drafting multiple pattern modifications.
- link to explanation: New Techniques
Sharonspils' V1548 DVF Turbulent Sea Wrap Dress
New Technique: - waist stay.
- link to descriptions New Techniques 

CrazyQuilter's Opal Annie Sydney lagenlook
New Techniques: adjustable drawstring hem gathers.
and bias binding technique for neck from Handmade by Caroline
- link to explanation: New Techniques

CCL

Just a reminder that there's just a week left of voting!

stephaniecan

Congratulations to all three! You all look just splendid in your dresses.

kowgiirl.up

Theresa

Runs with scissors

fzxdoc

Only 1 more day to vote! All three dresses are so wonderful. It was hard to choose.

Kathryn
My blog: I Made This! at http://imadethis-asewingblog.blogspot.com/
Flickr Photos: https://www.flickr.com/photos/72428033@N00/albums

2018 Dress a Month count:

mudcat

How does one vote?  I can't seem to see mention of it.

indigotiger

QuoteHow does one vote?  I can't seem to see mention of it.

Before I voted, when I signed in there was a "poll" at the top of the page with ticky-dots one could click on to make a choice. Once the choice is made, the option to vote disappears and it only shows how many votes each person has. And a square button that says "remove vote" in case we decide we voted in error and want to change our choice

CCL

Quote from: indigotiger on January 13, 2019, 08:58:14 pm
QuoteHow does one vote?  I can't seem to see mention of it.

Before I voted, when I signed in there was a "poll" at the top of the page with ticky-dots one could click on to make a choice. Once the choice is made, the option to vote disappears and it only shows how many votes each person has. And a square button that says "remove vote" in case we decide we voted in error and want to change our choice

Hi Mudcat... I can't see what others see of course, but IndigoTiger is correct.  As it was intended, there should be a poll at the top of this thread which has the "names" of each of the contestant's entries as the options.  You can vote for your choice (the poll disappears and just the results show) and if you change your mind, you can remove your vote, the poll reappears, and and you can vote again.   I will lock the votes once voting closes.

Hope that helps!

mudcat

well i must be blind because I never noticed the poll.  and now it's too late.  oh well ...

CCL

Good morning, everyone!  Thank you for joining me in the Dress Making challenge.  I love to see fine sewing and all the entrants definitely count as inspiring makes.

So with hearty congratulations, I am pleased to announce:

In the Intermediate to Advanced our winner is: IndigoTiger's Indigo Batik Stripe

Congratulations. 

kowgiirl.up

Well done indgotiger! I enjoyed watching you all plan and create your entries. Good job  :thumbsup:
Theresa

Runs with scissors

indigotiger

Thank you all! Those who voted for my entry, and to CCL for sponsoring this challenge, and to the others who entered and completed a dress...  we are all winners in that hopefully we each gained something useful from the effort. I know I learned quite a bit in the process!

fzxdoc

My blog: I Made This! at http://imadethis-asewingblog.blogspot.com/
Flickr Photos: https://www.flickr.com/photos/72428033@N00/albums

2018 Dress a Month count:

warpjr1965

Wendy