• Welcome to Stitcher's Guild Reloaded. Please login or sign up.
July 02, 2020, 05:36:47 am

News:

Remember: to view and/or participate in The Fray you must join the group.  Click on your name in the upper left, then choose "group membership" from the links on the popup.  Find "The Fray Sewing Competition" and click "Join Group".

JuneBug's Inspiration Overload SWAP 2019

Started by JuneBug, October 31, 2018, 04:58:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

JuneBug

You would think that selecting a single something for inspiration would not be that difficult. 

I finally picked a few photos I liked and ran them through the palette generator Melinda provided. (THANKS!)

Here are the photos.

Blue bells on Bean Creek Trail, Cooper Landing, Alaska July 2007.

Bear seen while driving to Bean Creek trailhead, Cooper Landing, Alaska July 2007.  I was NOT as close as it would seem.  I was a good 15 yards away, on the other side of the guardrail, by my car. 

A trout in the fish tank at Cabellas in Anchorage.

Serendipity struck!  As seen below, the three, quite different photos, actually came out with several similarities in their palettes.

I already have several purples/lilacs, blues, teals/greens, browns, and creams in the fabric closet.

Rather than a season specific wardrobe, I'm leaning towards making the garments I would wear in a week- and will be wearing as soon as they come off the ironing board.

1 - Dress for Sunday
3 - Scrub tops
2 - Skirts to go with the scrub tops - neutrals
2 - Casual tops
2 - Pants (ponte) - neutrals (or 1 pant and another skirt)
1 - Jacket or light coat - neutral