Author Topic: Singer Touch Tronic 2000  (Read 2630 times)

Offline ylayton

• New (or Just Quiet) Member :)
Singer Touch Tronic 2000
« on: January 27, 2012, 12:07:00 AM »
 :-[

I bought this sewing machine today at a garage sale and I was really excited when I tried it out and it seemed to work perfectly. I cleaned what I could and oiled it in a couple of the holes in the base. After I tried some of the designs it started breaking the thread and knotting up under the fabric. I got it loose and started to try it again and it broke the needle. I put a new needle in and now the part that catches the bobbin thread is not moving. I tried the reset button but it still doesn't move. Was I not supposed to oil it? Is there something simple that someone knows that I could try? Or do I need to get it to a repair shop?

Offline Pina

Re: Singer Touch Tronic 2000
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, 03:11:03 AM »
Hi ylayton ,welcome to Stitcher's Guild !  :)

Do you have a manual for your machine ? I have a Singer Athena 2000 electronic sewing machine.If your machine looks like the machine in this free pdf manual,we have the same machine.If your machine doesn't look the same,please look at the Singer site if they have a free manual for your model too.As to oiling,it depends on the model.It usually says in a manual where and what to oil.I don't like to give you the wrong information,not knowing if we have the same sewing machine.  ;)

Offline amandabab

Re: Singer Touch Tronic 2000
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 05:07:54 AM »
some touchtronics also have a glass buss fuse in addition to the circuit breaker/reset switch. if the light is on but you cant select a stitch try that. you need to remove the bottom of the machine to get to the transformer and you'll see the fuse.

if the hook is not roatating but the needle bar is moving, it could either be the timing belt or a slipping hook drive gear. the non cogged idler pulley loves to throw the belt after a jam.  the hook gears on these only have 1 set screw and can spin freely after a bad thread jam.

Gorgeous Fabrics Fabric Mart Fabrics