Stitcher's Guild Reloaded

Advanced search  

News:

We have a new OPT-IN child board for the discussion of politics.  More information is available here: http://artisanssquare.com/sg/index.php?topic=682.0

Author Topic: Tailornova  (Read 663 times)

sdBev

• Paid Member
    • sdBev
Tailornova
« on: July 01, 2018, 03:11:50 PM »

Have we talked about Tailornova.com?  I couldnt find anything.  Seem to be along the lines of Lekala, Bootstrap etc. Any experience to share?
sdBev

theresa in tucson

• Paid Member
Re: Tailornova
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2018, 04:17:51 PM »

Bev, there is a thread over on Pattern Review discussing Tailornova.  It appears to be the same person who does Bootstrap Patterns.  I did not go reading past the first page of the thread to find out if anyone had used it, though.  For my money, I have so many paper patterns already, and despite what anyone says, patterns drafted to your measurements must still to adjusted to fit your body, so the subscription ($19.99) just does not seem worth it.  Interesting concept though.

mudcat

• Paid Member
  • Sonoran Desert / subtropical
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2018, 05:10:43 PM »

The monthly rate seems a bit steep unless you're a prolific sewist.  And that $19/month only gets you 8 patterns per month which you can roll over up to 125. If you cancel you lose everything.  No thanks.

Elephun

• Paid Member
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2018, 07:03:58 PM »

The $19 a month rate for early adopters gets you an unlimited number of patterns for personal, commercial or reseller use. Honestly, itís a low price for me if I get a few patterns out of it that I can actually use.

When the option to subscribe to the early adopter plan goes away, there will be several more expensive plans with varying levels of benefits, one of which is the plan that allows for 8 patterns a month for personal use.

Once youíve created a pattern, you can download it to your computer, so that wonít go away if you cancel your subscription.

Bev, Iíll write a bit about my experience later today.

ETA pricing link
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 08:57:09 PM by Elephun »

Elephun

• Paid Member
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2018, 09:42:27 PM »

Tailornova is run by Yuliya Raquel of BootstrapFashion (BSF). You might recall that BSF had developed a customized pattern app called Fashion Design Genius Pro. Tailornova is sort of like that app, but more powerful. They are taking feedback and rolling out features fairly quickly so far. A lot of what is available is basic, but there are so many options.

From their latest email:
The next new styles in the pipeline are summer styles with straps and strapless dresses and tops, skirts, various flounces and ruffles, pockets, belts, more knit silhouettes, button down shirts and shirt dresses, raglan sleeves, dropped shoulders, kimono dresses and tops, inset waistbands, empire and high waist silhouettes, wrap and surplice style necklines, pleated-front pants (all lengths), leggings, knit pants, athleisure-style streetwear and hoodies, swimwear and many-many more.

This page has a few quick explainer videos and text blocks showing some of the features.

One can try the system out without committing, which is great. They'll have to pay if you want to download a pattern, though. Cost per pattern is $14, so once I knew I wanted to try some patterns, I felt it was worthwhile to subscribe for $19 a month.

The system is not perfect, but it seems very promising to me.

As for my own experience, it is very quick to make designs, as long as you know what you want to make. I found it useful to pull together a bunch of images of garments that I wanted to replicate, and then to get at it. Without a vision in mind, it is easy for me to get overwhelmed with choice.
Once you decide on a pattern, it is easy to see the exact pattern measurements, and you can can quickly change the ease, or more methodically do so.
The 3D model is personalized to your measurements and I think it's pretty good. It's FAR better than the standard Lekala/Bootstrap one.

Melinda_B

• Paid Member
    • Better Than I Planned
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2018, 10:07:53 PM »

Interesting.  I hadn't heard of this one, although I had heard that Yulia had a second business/site - I think the name was different though.  This sounds interesting to check out when I have a chance
Melinda

Perth, Australia
Personal Blog - https://melbrennan.com/

PJSewingal

• Paid Member
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2018, 12:34:17 AM »

This is interesting.  I will have to check it out.  I have a love/hate relationship with pattern software but always want to check out the newest one.  Thanks for sharing details, Elephun.
Paula
Sew many ideas, Sew little time

Blog: https://spoolsandyards.wordpress.com/

sdBev

• Paid Member
    • sdBev
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2018, 12:45:23 AM »

Ditto thank you for the details, Elphun. Also, thanks for all comments, guys.  Thatís why I love SG.  I just have to ask and you have all the amswers.
sdBev

Towanda

• Paid Member
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2018, 01:22:42 AM »

I've signed up for Tailornova a little while ago. It is in the early stages and I'm very interested to see how the final program turns out. I will say that Yuliya has been very responsive to bug reports and suggestions. I had a problem with printing out a pattern. She looked into it and I was the problem. I forgot to change the paper size. I've only gotten as far as printing out the pattern. My 3D fit model is pretty accurate, ugh. Sometime soon, I hope to work on a muslin to test my measurements and ease choices. I'm hoping that I only need to make minor changes to a pattern. The one thing that I think I will always have to do manually is a rounded back adjustment. I'll report back after I make my muslin.

PJSewingal

• Paid Member
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2018, 08:46:30 PM »

Determining ease is a challenge.  I will likely have to do a round back adjustment as well.

Towanda - would love to hear your feedback with this program.  Thanks!
Paula

Elephun

• Paid Member
« Reply #10 on: July 06, 2018, 12:02:29 AM »

I think in my communications with Yuliya in that thread on PR, she confirmed for me that adding ease to the center back length would add length that is needed for a round back adjustment. I think she said that the adjustment wouldnít show on the 3D model, but that it would be made on the pattern.
Iím not able to be online much right now so I canít research it further, but itís worth asking Yuliya if thereís a way to systematically add in a round back adjustment so it doesnít need to be added after the fact.

PJSewingal

• Paid Member
« Reply #11 on: July 06, 2018, 05:06:43 PM »

Thanks.  I will review the Pattern Review topic on this.
Paula

marciae

• Paid Member
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2018, 10:57:55 PM »

I just had an email from ASG - -----  Tailornova: Special subscription price for pattern design online software  So if any of you are ASG members!!

Fabric Mart Fabrics Style Arc Sewing Patterns Put Your Ad Here
Put Your Ad Here Put Your Ad Here Put Your Ad Here