Author Topic: We have a Winner!  (Read 1518 times)

Offline mudcat

• Subscribed Member
  • Sonoran Desert / subtropical
We have a Winner!
« on: May 28, 2018, 07:39:16 PM »
2018 SWAP winners are:

3rd place: Medea - Cocktail and Casual Chic

2nd place: Treefrog - What a Galah

1st place: Sew Ruthie Sews - Sew Ruthie Style 2018

Congratulations!   :smiles-pom2: :confettitoss: :smiles-pom1:

Offline Joyce P

• Subscribed Member
Re: We have a Winner!
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2018, 07:48:38 PM »
Many congratulations, Ruthie! Your collection was beautifully put together, as "usual" - although I never take for granted that you, or me, can sew within the rules, on deadline, and turn out a group of garments that deserve the word Collection. In addition, I really appreciate the effort you took to group your photographs. It made voting so much easier!

Treefrog and Medea... more beautiful garments, also highly worthy of the Collection description. Loved what both of you did. Congrats on placing in the top 3.

Editing to add... those collections not placing in the top 3... you made it very difficult to vote, as there wasn't a one that I immediately thought, "Oh, no, not that!" You all did a fabulous job and I salute you. Thanks for the inspiration!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2018, 07:50:49 PM by Joyce P »

Offline LynnH

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2018, 08:01:45 PM »
Congratulations to the winners who placed and the winners who didn't.  Everyone had beautiful collections and it was very hard to decide who should place.

Congratulations!!  :confettitoss: :celebrate: :confettitoss:
Lynn

Offline dementedfairy

• The Demented Fairy blog
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2018, 08:06:40 PM »
Congratulations one and all!  And thanks again for a fabulous set of rules, and the inspiration to make a versatile collection!
Apparently I'm a quintessential Gemini- but I think that's a load of b.s. myselves...

Offline Sew Ruthie Sews

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2018, 08:33:20 PM »
Really? You are kidding me right?
I can't believe it!

Wow thank you everyone who voted for me, I am honoured and humbled (and extremely surprised).

Offline Lisanne

• Subscribed Member
  • southern England
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2018, 09:31:43 PM »
Well Done Ruthie - you are a winner  ;D

And Well Done to everyone.  I'm sure, as in the last few years, that everyone got some votes.

It's lovely that these Galleries will stay available for everyone to learn from and be inspired by.
Best Wishes to all who finished in time, and to all who are continuing.
Does this bring you joy, calm, confidence  :D  if not, try something else.

https://sewingplums.com - comments on wardrobes, patterns, style, fit
https://uk.pinterest.com/sewingplums/ - style images
https://aimforquality.wordpress.com - good basic sewing techniques
https://easyjackets.wordpress.com - no need for tailoring, unless you want to
https://helpwithsewingpatterninstructions.wordpress.com/2017/03/01/first-blog-post/ - Peggy Sagers sew-alongs

Offline Remnant

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2018, 09:46:33 PM »
Congratulations Ruthie! A well deserved recognition on a fabulous SWAP.

I took over a week to decide my votes. I had each collection open to a dedicated tab, and over the course of time, I wanted to place a vote for every single SWAP. Deciding a final vote was quite difficult. Everyone deserves recognition for a beautiful collection.

Offline Helen M

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2018, 10:09:58 PM »
Congratulations Ruthie!
Sewing in Cheshire

Offline Lisa

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2018, 10:26:13 PM »
Congratulations to Ruthie! and of course to Treefrog & Medea as well!  Well deserved all!

While our top three finishers wins are very well deserved, I should note that all of our finishers received votes--which is as it should be.  Each of you made a collection that works for your life, so is the best collection for you!

Congratulations to all of you! :heart_smilie:

Lisa

Offline Saashka

• Subscribed Member
  • sewing in southern Maryland
« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2018, 11:30:19 PM »
Congratulations, Ruthie, Treefrog, and Medea! And good job to all who finished!

Offline M lambie

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2018, 11:48:04 PM »
Wow! How exciting, Ruthie:smiles-pom2: Congrats on your first place finish. Well done!

Treefrog and Medea, congratulations on placing!  :smiles-pom1:

All of you had beautiful collections. I hope you are enjoying having all those lovely garments in your wardrobes. ;D

Aussie28, Pagog, warpjr, Demented Fairy, Lillie T, and Fabrickated -- huge applause for completing your collections, each with its own distinct style.

Offline Cheriecz

• Subscribed Member
  • aka Cheriemg
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2018, 11:50:38 PM »
Ruthie, congratulations! I couldn't resist your collection either. So well coordinated, and you were brilliant to show other combinations on the sewing dummy! Brilliant all around! I hope you had a little time to relax on your time away.
Cherie

Sewing in the Arizona desert

Offline KarenDee

• Subscribed Member
  • SIgnal Mountain, Tn.
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2018, 12:23:43 AM »
A big congratulations to Ruthie, Treefrog and Medea . All three of these winning collections were wonderful. And to the rest that finished, you did a great job also. I have enjoyed seeing all of your SWAPS. Also, those of you who participated , but didn't finish, are also winners in your own right.

Ruthie, your SWAP was indeed a winner. Congratulations.

Karendee

Offline Melinda_B

• Subscribed Member
    • Better Than I Planned
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2018, 12:40:00 AM »
Congratulations everyone, and particularly Ruthie, Treefrog and Medea!  Well done on completing the SWAP, and putting together such amazing collections.
Melinda

Perth, Australia
Personal Blog - https://melbrennan.com/

Offline Towanda

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2018, 01:15:31 AM »
Congratulations to Ruthie, I loved the way that you showed your collection. You inspired me to work on multiple simple garments using the same colored threads. Treefrog- I loved your use of techniques and textures in your collection. Medea - your collection is giving me ideas for pulling together a work based collection. Everyone did a magnificent job of creating collections which were unique and inspiring.

Offline dagmaro

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2018, 01:52:47 AM »
How exciting to read that there was a winner this evening as I logged on! 
Voting was immensely difficult as there was much to admire in every single SWAP.  As one who bit off more than I could chew in terms of too many untested patterns and was then foiled by life getting in the way of sewing very significantly and in ways much more than I reported earlier in the year, I am doubly filled with admiration for those who found a way to persevere and overcome the obstacles that impact everyone.  As someone else commented, I found myself learning new approaches from each of the SWAPS and I think this is what it must really be all about.  To wit, thanks to Ruthie, I will never remove a spool of thread at the end of a project again without first thinking what else can I sew from it!!!  I have been slowly plugging away but I must admit that my SWAP was more focused on cold weather wear and it is difficult to stay focused on that at the moment as we faced 37 celsius temperatures today.  Nevertheless, I am still quite motivated as I really loved the plan I came up with. 
Anyways, enough about me and congratulations again to the winners and to all who completed the challenge in such unique and well thought ways!  :confettitoss: :confettitoss: :confettitoss:
Dagmar

Offline fzxdoc

• Administrator
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2018, 02:23:37 AM »
This group of SWAP entries made me grateful that I recuse myself from voting since I help count the votes. It would have been so hard to choose just 3!  Each of the collections was unique in its own way and I picked up bits of inspiration from every single one of them. So thank you, all.

Congratulations to Ruthie, Treefrog, and Medea for well-deserved wins, and kudos to all who entered.

And thank you, Mudcat, for designing such an awesome set of SWAP rules and for so generously donating the winner's prize.

Kathryn
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 02:26:22 AM by fzxdoc »
My blog: I Made This! at http://imadethis-asewingblog.blogspot.com/
Flickr Photos: https://www.flickr.com/photos/72428033@N00/albums

2018 Dress a Month count:

Offline AnnetteB

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2018, 04:33:51 AM »
Huge congratulations to all who participated in the SWAP and especially to the three winners, Ruthie, Treefrog and Medea.

I am in total awe of you all for seeing it through to the end and all of you should be very proud of the lovely collections that you have created!!

And what a great set of rules Mudcat!

:applause2: :applause2:

Offline Medea

• You'll find my Wardrobe Diary at
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2018, 07:09:59 AM »
Congratulations to you Ruthie for an excellent collection. Congrats to Treefrog with that beautiful collection and a big Thank You to all who have voted for my collection. I'm so happy to be one of the winners.
I finally have a nice wardrobe for special occasions and I love how I can combine my garments in so many different ways.
A huge Thank You to Mudcat who made those rules that made this possible.
I'm at Instagram @ medeasgarderob (Medea's Wardrobe)

Offline Morzel

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2018, 01:26:41 PM »
Wow, congratulations!!  :smiles-pom2: :smiles-pom2: Well deserved.

I really liked all those very wearable collections this year - they all seemed to be for a 'real' person with real, everyday events these clothes can be worn to. Thanks ladies, for treating us all to such wonderful collections!
Eva

Offline fabrickated

• Subscribed Member
    • Fabrickated
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2018, 03:42:47 PM »
Many congratulations Ruth. You so deserved to win. What a superb collection and so nicely displayed. I loved what you achieved and it is so great that you took first prize. I also really rated Medea - a super, wearable collection. And well done to Treefrog too. Super work all round, and thank you to the organisers, participants and cheerleaders. Long live Artisans' Square and SWAP.

Offline LillieT

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2018, 04:24:56 PM »
Congrats are in order for the three top winners as well as all who participated.  Personally, I found the entire process quite gratifying.  In studying all the other collections it was apparent that this year's rules allowed each one to "design" for their individual needs and skill sets.  All-in-all, a huge success!

Offline stephaniecan

• Subscribed Member
  • Fall down eight times. Get up nine times.
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2018, 08:01:36 PM »
Congratulations Ruthie, treefrog and Medea! Well deserved and a congratulations to all of the participants. I loved all of the collections, completed and not.

Ruthie, I am forever grateful to you for your "sew little and sew often" philosophy. I was thinking about it just last night as I worked on finishing an unfinished SWAP project. :)

Offline PJSewingal

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2018, 03:54:10 PM »
Congratulations Ruthie!  And great job on the creativity, both in sewing and display.  Also congratulations to the other winners and those who entered.  As others have said, everyone is a winner regardless of how far you got.  I agree the rules created very wearable outfits and I too have learned something from each collection.  I find a SWAP to be daunting so I am in awe of everyone who participated, however you participated.   :confettitoss:.
Paula
Sew many ideas, Sew little time

Blog: https://spoolsandyards.wordpress.com/

Offline warpjr1965

• Subscribed Member
    • Nebula Classical Academy
« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2018, 12:43:06 AM »
Congrats Ruthie!!  And TreeFrog and Medea!  Such well put-together collections! 
Wendy

Offline CCL

• Subscribed Member
    • My Flickr Photo Stream
« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2018, 04:47:55 PM »
Congratulations to everyone!  Great collections, great ideas, great commraderie!

Offline JuneBug

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2018, 06:15:03 PM »
Congratulations to the winners! 

Way to go, Ruthie, Treefrog, and Medea.

I really like how all the collections are very wearable in real life.  Great job, everyone!

Offline Syndi

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2018, 11:13:16 PM »
Congrats Ruthie!  :smiles-pom2:  Also to Medea and Treefrog.....well done!
And to all that entered the SWAP challenge......much work, talent and creativity!

Offline Garden Girl

• Subscribed Member
  • Middle California
« Reply #28 on: June 02, 2018, 03:13:05 AM »
Ruthie, Medea and Treefrog, congratulations on placing in this years SWAP! Good Job!!! All the collections were quite nice and seemed to suit each maker, making going over the photos a joy and very difficult to narrow down my votes. Congratulations to everyone who finished as well.

Ruthie, well deserved. It's been a long time coming and I knew you'd be shocked when the results were posted. You always make a very solid, wearable collection. This year you had excellent photos, maybe the best yet for you, that showed your pieces to full advantage. I was so glad you got some sunshine on days you could do photos.  :D Yay Ruthie!

Offline treefrog

• SWAP Addict :-)
    • sew Treefrog
« Reply #29 on: June 04, 2018, 12:06:26 AM »
Congratulations Ruthie - so lovely to see you come up with the win.   :applause2: Congrats also to Medea and all who took part.

I'm just back from three weeks holiday and totally missed all the voting and announcements.

Offline sharonspils

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2018, 05:09:13 AM »
Congratulations Ruthie, Treefrog and Medea - gorgeous collections.