Stitcher's Guild Reloaded

Advanced search  

News:

Using three or more URLs in one post may cause a "Forbidden" error.  To help prevent problems, try to remember to "copy" your post before you hit "preview" or "send" so if you get an error you can simply "paste" your words to try again.  Most posts do go through after a few tries.

Author Topic: Vaping, anybody?  (Read 584 times)

DragonLady

• Administrator
Vaping, anybody?
« on: May 24, 2018, 02:16:06 PM »

So...I finally (!) managed to put away the cigarettes by switching to vaping.

Now I feel like I've discovered a whole new hobby....

Anyone else here collecting flavors and trying to find the perfect personal devices?
To continue accessing all the great features of our forum, it is now necessary to purchase a subscription.  To do so, just open your profile, click the "actions" tab, then follow the prompts.  Important: untick the "recurring payments" box; as we're not set up with PayPal to allow automatic renewals.  If you should have any trouble, just email me: dl@artisanssquare.com

--------
Are you looking for the perfect buttons?  I just may have them in my Etsy shop!
https://www.etsy.com/shop/RoadsideAttractions

mudcat

• Paid Member
  • Sonoran Desert / subtropical
Re: Vaping, anybody?
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2018, 12:44:59 AM »

Wasn't really ever much of a smoker (outside of teen experimentation and back in my 20s I would sometimes smoke when I was out drinking) so I never got into the vaping.  A friend of mine vapes though she swears that her flavors have no nicotine.  I am skeptical. I did think some of the flavors had a nice odor.

Still it seems like a way to stop the nicotine urges by tapering the amount over time.

DragonLady

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2018, 04:39:41 AM »

A friend of mine vapes though she swears that her flavors have no nicotine.  I am skeptical.

Just curious...why are you skeptical?  Most of the liquids are available in several nicotine strengths, including "0".  A lot of people just gradually taper down further and further, then give up the habit after being at "0" for a while.

I'm not sure if I'll follow that route or not; at this point I'm just concerned with staying switched and will be happy if I never go back to smoking.
To continue accessing all the great features of our forum, it is now necessary to purchase a subscription.  To do so, just open your profile, click the "actions" tab, then follow the prompts.  Important: untick the "recurring payments" box; as we're not set up with PayPal to allow automatic renewals.  If you should have any trouble, just email me: dl@artisanssquare.com

--------

mudcat

• Paid Member
  • Sonoran Desert / subtropical
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2018, 04:13:48 PM »

I only meant I was skeptical of her claim of no nicotine since I had looked at the site she purchased from and knew her favorite flavors and they all had nicotine in them. I did see some with none but they weren't the ones she was using.

DragonLady

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2018, 05:34:01 PM »

Ahhha!  I see. :)

I've decided to stay where I am or close to it for a while; give myself time to completely adjust to the changeover, and then I will probably start tapering off.   I did buy some "0" liquid to make changing over easier, but all I have now is the regular strength (.6mg, I think) stuff.

I recommend this method to anyone who cannot stop smoking.  But.... I absolutely cannot recommend it to anyone who does not smoke, or who is not addicted to smoking.

--------

Fabric Mart Fabrics Style Arc Sewing Patterns Put Your Ad Here
Put Your Ad Here Put Your Ad Here Put Your Ad Here