Stitcher's Guild Reloaded

Advanced search  

News:

To reply to a private message, you must login to the forums and use the messaging system.  If you attempt to answer the email notification, it just bounces to me.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Down

Author Topic: Sewing Workshop  (Read 34710 times)

CCL

• Paid Member
    • My Flickr Photo Stream
Re: Sewing Workshop
« Reply #315 on: March 02, 2018, 04:50:44 AM »

Marciae- gorgeous!  So cool about your compliment.  Cloud 9 is lucky to have you and your jacket on it.

Lessalt

• Paid Member
« Reply #316 on: March 02, 2018, 05:14:16 AM »

Kathy Z,
Lovely top.

Marciae,
Yours is the best version of that jacket!

marciae

• Paid Member
« Reply #317 on: March 02, 2018, 01:56:58 PM »

Thanks to all of you for comments and praise. I really like the pattern. The jacket is still on Trixie awaiting a decision on buttons   it was nice to work on a "real" project for a change. Challenged my brain.

Debbie S

• Paid Member
« Reply #318 on: March 03, 2018, 01:20:32 AM »

Marciae, you lace Staffors jacket is beautiful!  I can just picture it over summer shifts and  tanks, it is stunning!  Is the Stanford the new jacket that was a sort of new style denim jacket.

fzxdoc

• Administrator
« Reply #319 on: March 06, 2018, 04:11:15 PM »

Kathy Z, you found just the right pattern for that openwork fabric. You look marvelous in it--there's great panache in that ensemble. Enjoy wearing it.

Marciae, I'm so glad that you posted photos of your Stafford Jacket. Thank you! It's a great choice for that lace denim from MT.  Nicely done--I bet it looks great on as well.

Kathryn
My blog: I Made This! at http://imadethis-asewingblog.blogspot.com/
Flickr Photos: https://www.flickr.com/photos/72428033@N00/albums

2018 Dress a Month count:

marciae

• Paid Member
« Reply #320 on: March 06, 2018, 05:14:36 PM »

Yesterday I made the pencil pant and the mixit tank - both in black ponte.  I did "finally" get the pencil pant to a good fit - but - it's just not my style.  Will put it to rest now.  I like the mixit tank.  I've made the shirt and top before but never the tank.  It's not enough different from my TNT tank pattern so will probably just lengthen mine, etc.

Off to work on a SA pant

Thanks to all of you that have commented the Stafford Jacket.  I really like that pattern.  I will be making more of these.  I have some nice flowered print that will be great for spring - - if the wind ever quits and it warms up and spring gets here!!

Patti B

• Paid Member
« Reply #321 on: March 10, 2018, 09:44:29 PM »

I'm finishing an altered Liberty shirt; just waiting for snaps to arrive. I have sewn this several times as drawn; this time I added several inches to front and back lengths and added several inches to the width at the back hem. The Frankie shirt was calling my name but I thought I could tinker with the Liberty to make it Frankie-ish. The results are good and I'll try to post a photo soon.

luz clara

• Paid Member
« Reply #322 on: June 14, 2018, 05:45:16 PM »

Can anyone help me out? I am making the Icon shirt and between 2013 and now (and three moves, sigh) the second page of the instructions has vanished! I am at the point of attaching the backs and the fronts - I'm guessing that the side seams overlap? And I saw a version on Pinterest that had buttons on the bottom left side seam?

If you have the pattern and the second page of instructions hasn't taken off to join mine in at a pattern vacation resort can you fill me in?

Thanks

Luz Clara

Debbie S

• Paid Member
« Reply #323 on: June 14, 2018, 11:27:39 PM »

Luz Clara, I am almost certain I have that pattern but will check tonight. I could snail mail you a copy of that page, or email you photos of the page, or send a text with attached photos, whatever works best for you!  You can DM me with any info.

luz clara

• Paid Member
« Reply #324 on: June 15, 2018, 05:05:26 AM »

Debbie thanks so much! I'll send you a message!
Best

Luz Clara

Debbie S

• Paid Member
« Reply #325 on: June 15, 2018, 11:59:18 AM »

Luz Clara, I went through all 49 of my SW patterns twice and do not have the Icon shirt pattern. Not sure how I missed buying that one. So sorry 😢.

luz clara

• Paid Member
« Reply #326 on: June 15, 2018, 05:54:31 PM »

Thank you for looking through your collection!  I will forge ahead and use my own ideas to finish the shirt!

Best

Luz Clara
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10   Go Up

Fabric Mart Fabrics Style Arc Sewing Patterns Put Your Ad Here
Put Your Ad Here Put Your Ad Here Put Your Ad Here