Author Topic: Sewing Workshop  (Read 37934 times)

Offline CCL

• Subscribed Member
    • My Flickr Photo Stream
Re: Sewing Workshop
« Reply #315 on: March 02, 2018, 04:50:44 AM »
Marciae- gorgeous!  So cool about your compliment.  Cloud 9 is lucky to have you and your jacket on it.

Offline Lessalt

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #316 on: March 02, 2018, 05:14:16 AM »
Kathy Z,
Lovely top.

Marciae,
Yours is the best version of that jacket!

Offline marciae

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #317 on: March 02, 2018, 01:56:58 PM »
Thanks to all of you for comments and praise. I really like the pattern. The jacket is still on Trixie awaiting a decision on buttons   it was nice to work on a "real" project for a change. Challenged my brain.

Offline Debbie S

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #318 on: March 03, 2018, 01:20:32 AM »
Marciae, you lace Staffors jacket is beautiful!  I can just picture it over summer shifts and  tanks, it is stunning!  Is the Stanford the new jacket that was a sort of new style denim jacket.

Offline fzxdoc

• Administrator
« Reply #319 on: March 06, 2018, 04:11:15 PM »
Kathy Z, you found just the right pattern for that openwork fabric. You look marvelous in it--there's great panache in that ensemble. Enjoy wearing it.

Marciae, I'm so glad that you posted photos of your Stafford Jacket. Thank you! It's a great choice for that lace denim from MT.  Nicely done--I bet it looks great on as well.

Kathryn
My blog: I Made This! at http://imadethis-asewingblog.blogspot.com/
Flickr Photos: https://www.flickr.com/photos/72428033@N00/albums

2018 Dress a Month count:

Offline marciae

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #320 on: March 06, 2018, 05:14:36 PM »
Yesterday I made the pencil pant and the mixit tank - both in black ponte.  I did "finally" get the pencil pant to a good fit - but - it's just not my style.  Will put it to rest now.  I like the mixit tank.  I've made the shirt and top before but never the tank.  It's not enough different from my TNT tank pattern so will probably just lengthen mine, etc.

Off to work on a SA pant

Thanks to all of you that have commented the Stafford Jacket.  I really like that pattern.  I will be making more of these.  I have some nice flowered print that will be great for spring - - if the wind ever quits and it warms up and spring gets here!!

Offline Patti B

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #321 on: March 10, 2018, 09:44:29 PM »
I'm finishing an altered Liberty shirt; just waiting for snaps to arrive. I have sewn this several times as drawn; this time I added several inches to front and back lengths and added several inches to the width at the back hem. The Frankie shirt was calling my name but I thought I could tinker with the Liberty to make it Frankie-ish. The results are good and I'll try to post a photo soon.

Offline luz clara

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #322 on: June 14, 2018, 05:45:16 PM »
Can anyone help me out? I am making the Icon shirt and between 2013 and now (and three moves, sigh) the second page of the instructions has vanished! I am at the point of attaching the backs and the fronts - I'm guessing that the side seams overlap? And I saw a version on Pinterest that had buttons on the bottom left side seam?

If you have the pattern and the second page of instructions hasn't taken off to join mine in at a pattern vacation resort can you fill me in?

Thanks

Luz Clara

Offline Debbie S

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #323 on: June 14, 2018, 11:27:39 PM »
Luz Clara, I am almost certain I have that pattern but will check tonight. I could snail mail you a copy of that page, or email you photos of the page, or send a text with attached photos, whatever works best for you!  You can DM me with any info.

Offline luz clara

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #324 on: June 15, 2018, 05:05:26 AM »
Debbie thanks so much! I'll send you a message!
Best

Luz Clara

Offline Debbie S

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #325 on: June 15, 2018, 11:59:18 AM »
Luz Clara, I went through all 49 of my SW patterns twice and do not have the Icon shirt pattern. Not sure how I missed buying that one. So sorry ????.

Offline luz clara

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #326 on: June 15, 2018, 05:54:31 PM »
Thank you for looking through your collection!  I will forge ahead and use my own ideas to finish the shirt!

Best

Luz Clara

Offline Susan in Saint John

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #327 on: July 05, 2018, 11:37:47 PM »
I can't seem to find a Sewing Workshop, Sew Confident thread.  The London Shirt https://www.sewingworkshop.com/shop/London-Shirt-p104180969 and the Cottage Shirt https://www.sewingworkshop.com/shop/Cottage-Shirt-p104180950 patterns are featured in the 2nd installment of Sew Confident.  I was wondering if anyone had tried them yet.

Offline theresa in tucson

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #328 on: July 06, 2018, 05:21:14 AM »
Susan, I bought the London Shirt recently and have cut it out in a lightweight shirting cotton.  No sewing on it yet as landlord stuff keeps interrupting.  The blouse will actually go to my sister.  I cut a medium as it is very oversized so we shall see if my guess was correct.  My finished measurements for the last shirt I made her are several inches smaller than the London Shirt medium so i think it will work.  In any case, I will give it a wear once it is finished to see how much design ease there actually is.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2018, 09:43:56 PM by theresa in tucson »

Offline marciae

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #329 on: July 06, 2018, 01:13:18 PM »
I have the cottage cut out  .  I'm finishing a pair of jeans today then it's next up.  Martha has made both.

Offline MaryAnn

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #330 on: July 26, 2018, 07:03:56 PM »
I have made the London Shirt in a heavy linen, so it is more of a shirt-jacket. I love it.
I am putting the buttonholes is a pink chambray cottage shirt right now. I tried it on without the buttons/buttonholes and it looks great. I'm 5'9" and I lengthened the Cottage by 1". I should have lengthened the sleeves on the London by 2" or so, but it is still very wearable.
I was shockingly successful with the ponte Pencil Pant, but have not tried the Swing Tee or the Mixit Tank yet.

Offline marciae

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #331 on: July 26, 2018, 09:58:50 PM »
Almost finished with my cottage shirt.  Need to do the hand work on the sleeves and the collar band.  I'm using a heavy french cotton.  I'm not sure it was a good choice.  It will be a jacket - but that's what I wanted.  I have the fabric for the london shirt so will start on it 'soon'.  I have a ponte jean pattern that I'm going to work on first.

I liked the mix it with the london shirt that Linda Lee did the other day.  I, too, love that neckline.  Glad I've not cut out the london yet!  The pencil pant is fine.  The swing T - - lots of compliments when I wear it but I'm not comfortable in it!??  Think it's going to DDIL!  It's definitely her style with her leggings!

Offline marciae

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #332 on: August 04, 2018, 11:38:54 PM »
Got an email with a pic of the new pattern coming out in a few weeke for the sew confident folks.  It's the picasso pant and top.  The pant is much like the Tessuti pant that I like so well.

Getting closer to finishing the cottage shirt.  Bought buttons on the front range Wed.  Just finished the hand work.  Maybe after church tomorrow I can put buttonholes on this top and the Peraco blouse that I finished a few weeks ago.

Offline marciae

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #333 on: August 10, 2018, 09:46:54 PM »
Finally have finished my cottage shirt.  It's out of a heavy french cotton.  I love this pattern.

Offline marciae

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #334 on: August 10, 2018, 09:48:25 PM »
MODS - I've selected small for my photo - I can post on other sites and FB with the pic going the right direction - but not here - why???  Had more pics for other topics but am not going to post.

Offline sdBev

• Subscribed Member
    • sdBev
« Reply #335 on: August 10, 2018, 11:31:50 PM »
Marcia
When I click on it, the pic straightens up for me.  Mods I’m on an IPAD

Love, love the fabric and your cottage shirt is nice to.
sdBev

Offline AnnetteB

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #336 on: August 10, 2018, 11:37:00 PM »
Marcia,

I love your shirt - both fabric and style.

MODS - I am on a MacBook and like Marcia, the photo doesn't rotate for me either.

Annette
near Gladstone, Queensland, Australia

Offline CCL

• Subscribed Member
    • My Flickr Photo Stream
« Reply #337 on: August 11, 2018, 02:14:20 AM »
Marciae... I love that fabric...and what a perfect pattern to show it off.  Just luscious.

Offline luz clara

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #338 on: August 11, 2018, 08:05:00 PM »
what a gorgeous shirt - that fabric is really wonderful!

luz clara

Offline peggyjo

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #339 on: August 11, 2018, 09:57:46 PM »
Marcia,  I’ll pile on with another comment on how gorgeous both the fabric and your execution of the Cottage Shirt pattern are.

Did you use the given length on the pattern, or did you add some?

Wow, between this project and the fabric you used for your beautiful version of the SW Stafford, it looks like you’re breaking out the “good stuff” for your Sewing Workshop patterns lately!! :applause2:

Offline marciae

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #340 on: August 11, 2018, 10:30:35 PM »
Thank you all for the nice comments about my shirt.  I used the length 'as is' from the pattern.  Made my round back adjustment and that was it.  And, yes, Peggyjo, reality has set in.  I can no longer 'save' the good stuff.  I'm hoping I still have another 10 years to sew - assuming the brain and hands can still function! :D :D  My biggest problem is all the beautiful wools that I have!  I'm now on a cattle ranch in NE Colo.

Offline Linda75142

• Subscribed Member
    • Seams Well - my blog
« Reply #341 on: August 11, 2018, 10:45:29 PM »
My biggest problem is all the beautiful wools that I have!  I'm now on a cattle ranch in NE Colo.

If you have horses on the ranch, I'm sure they would love nice wool blankets for winter!  :D :D

Offline marciae

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #342 on: August 15, 2018, 09:41:25 PM »
New pattern out for the Sew Confident