Stitcher's Guild Reloaded

Advanced search  

News:

To reply to a private message, you must login to the forums and use the messaging system.  If you attempt to answer the email notification, it just bounces to me.

Author Topic: Australian Stitches  (Read 1045 times)

mudcat

• Paid Member
  • Sonoran Desert / subtropical
Australian Stitches
« on: March 05, 2018, 04:11:21 AM »

I subscribed to Australian Stitches many years ago for a year but didn't keep it because it was rather pricey at the time but I just recently subscribed for an electronic version via Zinio and was kind of surprised at how slim it was with only 64 pages.  I won't be renewing after the year is up however I will make a note of fabric places I might want to visit as we're planning an Australia/New Zealand trip next year.

I don't remember it being this small back in the mid 2000s ... I think that's when I subsribed.  When did this shrinkage happen? Or am I guilty of a faulty memory?

Melinda_B

• Paid Member
    • Better Than I Planned
Re: Australian Stitches
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2018, 04:56:55 AM »

You're not imagining it, the magazine is smaller.  Personally I don't find it as interesting as previously, it seems more concerned with basics, simple hacks, etc, rather than the earlier focus on technical methods and styling.

Do you know where you're likely to visit when you come over here?  Let me know if Perth is on your list!
Melinda

Perth, Australia
Personal Blog - https://melbrennan.com/

Linda75142

• Paid Member
    • Seams Well - my blog
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2018, 12:28:29 PM »

Agree with both of you.  I subscribed via Zinio and didn't mean to let my sub be renewed, BUT I let the time pass and it renewed automatically.  Thanks for the reminder.  Am going onto site today to uncheck whatever box I need to so that it doesn't do that again.

I have some of the older magazines that I still enjoy--these newer ones--not so much.

mudcat

• Paid Member
  • Sonoran Desert / subtropical
« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2018, 01:43:27 AM »

Good to know my memory was not lacking.

Melinda, we haven't decided where to go yet.  We find researching and planning our trips nearly as much fun as taking the trip so we'll probably start that in the summer.  I know I want to be careful to not come in your summer especially if we go to the hotter parts as I get enough heat in AZ.   It does seem like there are more fabric stores in Australia than here so I hope that I will be able to find a few to visit.

sdBev

• Paid Member
    • sdBev
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2018, 07:13:16 PM »

... We find researching and planning our trips nearly as much fun as taking the trip...
I worked for the National Park Service for several years. They taught that there are 3 parts of a vacation with the actual trip being the shortest and sometimes most insignificant. The time people spend planning/preparing and then after activities are a huge part of a person’s life. The admonishment to us is the we personally do not want to be remembered as the “a$$hole” of their vacation for years to come.
sdBev

Fabric Mart Fabrics Style Arc Sewing Patterns Put Your Ad Here
Put Your Ad Here Put Your Ad Here Put Your Ad Here