Author Topic: Cutting Line Designs  (Read 7590 times)

Offline LyndaC

• Subscribed Member
Re: Cutting Line Designs
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2018, 02:58:29 AM »
I enjoy this site more than any other.  I check it every day.
I appreciate the effort and time the administrators put in to making this site work so well.
If we end up having to pay a subscription, however, I may drop out, as all our expenses have gone up, and I just don't want to pay any more for things that are not a necessity.

Offline sdBev

• Subscribed Member
    • sdBev
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2018, 04:36:39 AM »
If we end up having to pay a subscription, ...
I feel confused. LyndaC is listed as a “Paid” member.  I myself sent payment for 2018. Has the subscription model NOT been enacted? 
sdBev

Offline Debby

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2018, 11:31:44 AM »
sDBev, I felt the same way when I read LyndaC's comment.

Offline fzxdoc

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2018, 01:57:37 PM »
If we end up having to pay a subscription, ...
I feel confused. LyndaC is listed as a “Paid” member.  I myself sent payment for 2018. Has the subscription model NOT been enacted? 

Yup, it's in full swing, Bev. Perhaps Lynda (and Debby) are speaking going forward.

Kathryn
My blog: I Made This! at http://imadethis-asewingblog.blogspot.com/
Flickr Photos: https://www.flickr.com/photos/72428033@N00/albums

2018 Dress a Month count:

Offline Debby

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2018, 09:39:28 PM »
Just to clarify (not that it really matters) but I was agreeing with Bev and wondering what LyndaC was referring to.

Offline fzxdoc

• Administrator
« Reply #40 on: April 09, 2018, 04:09:27 AM »
Oops. I guess I read it the wrong way, Debby.  :-[ ;D Thanks for clarifying.

Kathryn

Offline LyndaC

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #41 on: April 09, 2018, 03:00:18 PM »
Sorry I caused confusion, friends! 
I DID mean in the future!
This and Olive Tree are my favorite sites.
I do not want to lose either.

Offline marciae

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2018, 04:46:19 PM »
What's olive tree?  Haven't heard of it.

Offline LyndaC

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2018, 08:37:10 PM »
Olive Tree is a Bible site that allows one to customize how you want to read your Bible. 
You can set it up so you can read a chapter per day or more, or you can set it up to read the whole Bible each year, or you can research topics and study by topics.  By touching a scripture, it will bring up more background information about it, and you can choose your favorite commentary if you want to research more about a scripture.  You can even choose from different versions of the Bible - King James Version, etc.

You can choose the scripture you want from a grid, alphabetically, or in the order the Bible is available now - Old Testamaent, New Testament.

It is faster finding the correct scripture in church rather than flippping through pages.

It is the best out there!  It is worth the small one-time charge.

Offline marciae

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2018, 09:58:43 PM »
Thank You - I think that's the one DIL told me about - but I was thinking you were talking about a sewing site!!

Offline Pina

« Reply #45 on: April 10, 2018, 06:37:10 AM »
.............but I was thinking you were talking about a sewing site!!

Marcia,I thought LyndaC was talking about a sewing related site too. I know there are quilt patterns by Olive Tree Textiles.
I wouldn’t have guessed Olive Tree Ministries. I was thinking of Olive Tree Projects,(encouraging family preservation by caring for the health and well-being of women and children in Haiti). Or Olive Tree Genealogy - free genealogy. Or a fast food restaurant “Olive Tree Mediterranean Grill”.  :grinning:

I don’t visit Facebook,Pinterest or Twitter.

Offline LyndaC

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #46 on: April 11, 2018, 08:16:38 PM »
I am glad we straightened that out!  Olive Tree IS a daily Bible reading site, unrelated to Cutting Line or any sewing site..  All they have in common is that they are both top in their area of expertise!

Pina, I agree.  I do not go to any of those sites on the advice of my attorney son.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 06:12:41 PM by LyndaC »

Offline LyndaC

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2018, 12:04:43 AM »
There is an Olive Tree site about missions in Haiti?  I would like to know more!  I spent a summer there starting a sewing school so they would have a way to earn money.  Many from this site donated machines and fabric to help!

All the money from the book "Haiti, the Lost Paradise" goes to the Good Shepherd Mission there where I worked.

Offline marciae

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #48 on: May 27, 2018, 08:23:42 PM »
Louise just posted her new pattern to the FB group earlier this am.  She's wanting suggestions for names!   Nice looking tops.

Offline Joyce P

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #49 on: May 29, 2018, 10:13:48 PM »
The new pattern looks like fun sewing and wearing; I'm going to pick it up at the ASG conference in July.

On the cutting board today ... I'm attempting a mash-up of 3 CLD patterns. I've made the Pure & Simple shell a couple of times, with more in the near-term pipeline, but I wanted that nice "almost sleeveless" look with some other features. To wit: I'm lifting the buttoned front & facing from By Popular Demand. I like that neckline better, too.  Once I'm happy with that modification, I'm using the side vent pattern from Ebb & Flow, another favorite of mine. Recently made 3 of them ;-)

I think I've got every thing redrawn, so I'm cutting out a test garment now from some leftover linen that I loved as a MSS pant.

This is really fun! I hope it works as envisioned  8)

Offline marciae

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #50 on: May 30, 2018, 12:15:49 AM »
Love to see a pic when you get the top finished

Offline Joyce P

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #51 on: June 01, 2018, 08:02:02 PM »
Just for you, Marciae. I didn't have the buttons and buttonholes finished when I put it on for a trial run, but I decided to get a photo quickly. The photo probably won't have a long "shelf life" as it's just coming from my PC, not a hosting site. I don't really want to spend hours "futzing" with that, since I have a bunch of sewing to do.

I'm pleased with the top - this one wasn't cut at the hem to have the Ebb side vents. After a decent pressing, the hem behaved better, too ;-) Nice that I can wear it as a vest, as well as an airy summer top.

This linen, of which I now only have a few scraps remaining, is such nice stuff that I must have gotten it from Louise some years ago!

Oh well, looks like I have to futz with an image hosting site. Sigh. Not this afternoon, though - sorry!
« Last Edit: June 01, 2018, 08:04:07 PM by Joyce P »

Offline DragonLady

• Administrator
« Reply #52 on: June 01, 2018, 08:14:37 PM »
Joyce, aren't you able to add an attachment here?
The road to our success is always under construction.
If you should have any trouble with any aspect of the forums, just email me: dl@artisanssquare.com

======================

Buy a Subscription Now to participate in all of our great discussions! Less than .75¢ per week for all-you-can-eat access. :)

Gift Subscriptions are available, too; just message me for assistance anytime.

======================

Check out my Etsy shop for gorgeous buttons & other craft supplies:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/RoadsideAttractions

Offline marciae

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #53 on: June 01, 2018, 09:48:54 PM »
Just for you, Marciae. I didn't have the buttons and buttonholes finished when I put it on for a trial run, but I decided to get a photo quickly. The photo probably won't have a long "shelf life" as it's just coming from my PC, not a hosting site. I don't really want to spend hours "futzing" with that, since I have a bunch of sewing to do.

I'm pleased with the top - this one wasn't cut at the hem to have the Ebb side vents. After a decent pressing, the hem behaved better, too ;-) Nice that I can wear it as a vest, as well as an airy summer top.

This linen, of which I now only have a few scraps remaining, is such nice stuff that I must have gotten it from Louise some years ago!

Oh well, looks like I have to futz with an image hosting site. Sigh. Not this afternoon, though - sorry!

Thanks for trying.  If you have the photo on your computer - us the attachment and other options at the bottom of the post - from there you can access your computer and 'open' the pic and it will load.  Mine always load sideways - but they load!!  HTH

Offline LyndaC

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #54 on: June 08, 2018, 05:38:52 PM »
I have looked at "attachments and other options."   I see nothing about posting.

Offline DragonLady

• Administrator
« Reply #55 on: June 08, 2018, 07:14:14 PM »
I have looked at "attachments and other options."   I see nothing about posting.

If you open the "attachments and other options" menu, you should see a dialogue of various options.  "Attach" should be in bold right above a field for an address.  Use the "browse" button on the right to navigate to the image on your hard drive, and then upload it just as you would do in the gallery.  I believe all registered members are able to attach an image in this subforum.

If you should have any trouble with any aspect of the forums, just email me: dl@artisanssquare.com

======================

Buy a Subscription Now to participate in all of our great discussions! Less than .75¢ per week for all-you-can-eat access. :)

======================

Offline LyndaC

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #56 on: June 12, 2018, 02:24:34 PM »
Yes, I have copied and printed these instructions.  I have followed them carefully.  They do not work for me 90% of the time, so it is not worth my time to try any more.

However, I can do without posting photos and still enjoy the posts of others!

Offline Joyce P

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #57 on: June 13, 2018, 02:38:03 AM »
Sorry to be so tardy in getting back to this discussion. I was totally engaged in sewing up more linen garments for the road trip we're taking. I'll get back to the pic, but it could be weeks!

Offline Joyce P

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #58 on: June 13, 2018, 02:39:29 AM »
Well... how about this?

Offline Joyce P

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #59 on: June 13, 2018, 02:41:18 AM »
That was one of the cool days, when I used it as a vest! I did find some nice buttons, small and large, from a 10-year-old project and they're now in use. Alternated large and small buttons and like the effect.

Offline Susan in Saint John

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #60 on: July 23, 2018, 03:57:52 PM »
I am not sure from the preceding conversation if Louise answers questions here or not.  In any case, I have a question about fitting patterns such as hers which are designed to be oversized.  I am really a fan of lagenlook but I want to get the proportions right.  All of my fitting resources seem to apply to "fitted' rather than oversized garments so I fall into the trap of overfitting and loosing the style that I'm after.

I have narrow, slightly forward shoulders, a rounded upper back and a full bust.  I need to do an FBA on virtually everything and I need to do a high round back adjustment.  It's the shoulders that are causing me problems.  I do have a dressform padded out to resemble me fairly closely although her shoulders are slightly wider than mine.  When I am fitting, I cannot stop pinning out all the wrinkles which of course results in a fitted garment.  I don't know which wrinkles I need to resolve and which wrinkles are actually part of an oversized silhouette.  Can anyone help me with this, please?

Offline fzxdoc

• Administrator
« Reply #61 on: July 23, 2018, 04:16:27 PM »
Susan, I think she has moved to her Facebook page for answering questions. Hopefully marciae or one of the others can verify that and perhaps provide you with a link.

Best of luck in your fitting endeavors,
Kathryn

Offline marciae

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #62 on: July 23, 2018, 04:49:59 PM »
Yes, Louise does have a group on FB - she share lots and lots of info there. I you're on FB just search for her group and ask to join.  If you're not on FB you should be.  Tons and tons of information and sewing groups.

Susan - look at the finished measurements on LC patterns.  Is that the ease you want in your pattern?  Do you have a specific pattern in mind you want to try.  We can help you with the round back, large bust and shoulder adjustment.  I have to make the back and bust adjustments on all patterns except Jennifer Sterns.

Offline Susan in Saint John

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #63 on: July 23, 2018, 05:58:29 PM »
I refuse to join Facebook because I really dislike their business practices so I'll be content with missing out on what Louise has to offer.

I don't have any particular Cutting Line Design in mind.  Thank you for the offer but I do know how to make the pattern adjustments that I need.  It's just that I keep trying to resolve all the wrinkles, which I can do, but it leaves me with a different garment e.g., a fitted shirt rather than an over sized shirt.  I need to learn when to stop fitting so I keep the design ease.

Offline PJSewingal

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #64 on: July 23, 2018, 08:56:20 PM »
Hi Susan,

I have similar issues as you.  And tend to overfit as well.  I have used Louise's videos on the Threads site to add a dart to the garments of hers I have made.  For example, I made two Just a Pinch vests. That one is a little closer fitting than some of hers.  In addition to adding the bust dart and the round back adjustment - I cut a med in the shoulders (so it is close to my shoulder width); graded to the large at the bust, then to the X-Large at the hips.  I did make a muslin.  I have now made 2 final vests of that pattern and really like the way they fit.  They skim the body and I have noticed 1 wrinkle at the shoulder, because the front is not quite as narrow as a 'fitted' garment.  I am calling that wearing ease and not concerning myself with it.

Hope this helps.
Paula
Sew many ideas, Sew little time

Blog: https://spoolsandyards.wordpress.com/

Offline LyndaC

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #65 on: July 26, 2018, 03:11:29 PM »
Again, I am so sorry to post in the wrong place, but it appears I have been locked out from posting again, or even seeing any site but Louise's.
Administrators?  Help?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 03:14:24 PM by LyndaC »

Offline LyndaC

• Subscribed Member
« Reply #66 on: July 26, 2018, 03:13:22 PM »
Susan, my son is an attorney.  He says NO one should use Facebook.   So I do not.

Offline sdBev

• Subscribed Member
    • sdBev
« Reply #67 on: July 26, 2018, 07:56:25 PM »
Lynda
This topic is on a side of SG that can be read and posted to by everyone.  Have you tried creating a new id?  At least to try and communicate with DL.  I remember reading at one point that DL was emailing you but not receiving any answers from you. To me, that sounds like she is not using the addy you are or that your email has been id as a spammer. Please ‘scuse me if I spoke out of turn. Just trying to help.
sdBev

Offline DragonLady

• Administrator
« Reply #68 on: July 26, 2018, 08:57:58 PM »
Again, I am so sorry to post in the wrong place, but it appears I have been locked out from posting again, or even seeing any site but Louise's.
Administrators?  Help?

Lynda, check your private messages.  Kathryn sent you one a couple of days ago asking for more information from you.

After this post, I'm going to trim out the others you've made so we can keep the threads on topic.

======================

======================

Offline fzxdoc

• Administrator
« Reply #69 on: July 27, 2018, 12:10:27 PM »
Lynda, we have sent you several private messages and emails and have yet to receive a response from you. So do as DL suggests, and answer the questions in the PM so we can find a solution for you. 

If, for some reason, you cannot answer the PM, then go to this topic that DL started, dedicated to you, and post your answers there.

http://artisanssquare.com/sg/index.php?topic=1591.0

We want to help you, but cannot do a thing until we know exactly what happens when you try to open a topic or post. We don't even know whether you're using an iPad or a computer for this or if you've tried on a different computer to see if the same thing happens.

So help us to help you, and please respond! We'd love to have you back and happily posting once more.  :)

Best wishes,
Kathryn
« Last Edit: July 27, 2018, 12:13:53 PM by fzxdoc »