• Welcome to Stitcher's Guild Reloaded. Please login or sign up.
December 13, 2019, 08:31:20 pm

News:

Feeling a little lost here on the "Reloaded" board?  All the old threads are still available on SG Classic, including the ever popular "Forum Decorum" thread; a huge variety of mini tutorials and how-tos for making SG's format work for you.
http://artisanssquare.com/sg/index.php/board,45.0.html

Display order of posts on thread

Started by Morgan, February 01, 2017, 02:18:21 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Morgan

Is there a way that I can choose to display a thread with the most recent posts at the top and the oldest at the bottom?

If not, could users be given the choice in their profile/user control page to select their own setting of how posts will be displayed to them eg. newest first or oldest first.
Alternatively, have a toggle switch on threads for the display order.

I know some people like the oldest post at the top, but many like me prefer to have the most recent at the top rather than having to scroll and tab through pages and pages to get to the most recent.

Garden Girl

There is! Morgan, go to profile, modify profile, select look & layout from the drop down. What you want is in the lower part of the page. Lots of things you can adjust there.

Morgan

Thank you so much GG - settings sorted.

Lisa

Quote from: Morgan on February 01, 2017, 02:18:21 am
Is there a way that I can choose to display a thread with the most recent posts at the top and the oldest at the bottom?

[...]

I know some people like the oldest post at the top, but many like me prefer to have the most recent at the top rather than having to scroll and tab through pages and pages to get to the most recent.

emphasis added.

Hi Morgan,

There's an even easier way to avoid the scrolling for new content.  When you're logged in and you see a thread you want to look at on one of the lists, you'll notice the blue oval that says "new" (indicating there are new posts for you on that thread).  That oval is a link.  If you click on it, you'll be taken directly to the oldest post you haven't previously seen. This only works when you're logged in, but it will prevent you from ever having to scroll (from the top or the bottom) to see the newest posts!

HTH,

Lisa

Elephun

Also, when you're logged in and you see a thread you want to look at on one of the lists, you can look at the cell to the right which tells you who made the last post and at what time. In that cell, on the far right, is a graphic of a little piece of paper with an arrow on it. If you click that graphic, it will take you to the last post on that thread.

catllar

Another tale of woe - sorry - getting Internal server error messages on attempting to post replies today.

fzxdoc

February 05, 2017, 07:49:11 am #6 Last Edit: February 05, 2017, 07:59:02 am by fzxdoc
I posted this on another topic:

If you get the Internal Server Error, just hit the back button on your browser and the page comes back. You can then post or go to the original page that you were trying to navigate to.

If you can't post, then copy your post from that page you went back to, open SG in another window or tab, go to the topic and hit Reply, paste your post, and it will post fine. Usually.  ;)

My point is that the Internal Server error does not mean that your post is lost (if you were posting) or that you can't navigate to the page you were trying to get to. That browser's back button is your friend. Sometimes.

Kathryn
My blog: I Made This! at http://imadethis-asewingblog.blogspot.com/
Flickr Photos: https://www.flickr.com/photos/72428033@N00/albums

2018 Dress a Month count:

catllar