Marylea, welcome to Stitcher's Guild!
Here is some info that we like to give to our new posters to help you get around the site a bit more easily:
1. Visit the “Are You New?” topic by clicking here: Are you new?
2. Learn about the forum rules by clicking here: Forum decorum...FAQs
. This is also where you go to learn the techniques for doing things like uploading your avatar, posting photos, etc. It’s packed with handy information!
3. Play in the Sandbox by clicking here : Sandbox
. There you can play around with a lot of the features of the site to your heart's delight (like posting photos or making “pretty” links) without affecting any of the other active topics. It’s truly a no worries place to play and learn.
4. You must have 11 posts before you can make changes to your profile. Also, you must have 5 posts before you can send a PM without a pass verification step. These rules help to control spammers who try to enter our site.
• This means that if you choose to use the Thread Notifications option, you will not be getting them until you have 11 posts, at which time you can change the notification option in your profile. One of us admins can change the option for you before you are at the 11 post mark if you request it. For further information, read this
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask one of us four site administrators or the site moderator. One or the other of us is almost always around. On the opening page, at the bottom, where it lists who is online, our names show up in bright red
or bright blue
. You can always send us a private message at any time if you need help.
Have fun looking through the site. Come back and post often!