Author Topic: Good Seattle Area Fabric shops???  (Read 3438 times)

Offline WesternWilson

• Greenwich Minus Eight
Good Seattle Area Fabric shops???
« on: September 15, 2010, 11:33:52 PM »
I get to go to Seattle on Saturday and may visit quilting stores for my birthday! Can anyone recommend good fabric stores to visit in the area?

Regards,
Janet

Offline jodiwell

• My Blog
Re: Good Seattle Area Fabric shops???
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2010, 01:58:50 AM »
Janet, I'm not a quilter so I can't recommend any quilt only places, but I love Nancy's Sewing Basket. They have some quilting supplies and fabrics and a whole range of other wonderful things.

jodi

Offline Diane P.

• outside Portland, Oregon
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2010, 04:33:18 AM »
Are you going to be in downtown Seattle or in the Seattle area? There are a lot of quilt shops in the area but not many in the downtown area.

Offline WesternWilson

• Greenwich Minus Eight
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2010, 01:13:58 PM »
We are driving down from Vancouver, Canada, and going to both the Woodlands Zoo and downtown dim sum at House of Hong. However, a small side trip to hit one or two shops in the wider area is possible. There are a number of listings if you google for quilt fabric stores, Seattle and go to maps. I need to choose a list of 4!

Regards,
Janet

Offline sewfar2

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2010, 07:14:48 PM »
Esther's fabric store on Bainbridge Island across from Seattle by ferry is Washington State's oldest fabric store and is full of a wide of variety of fabrics and things like buttons in tubes for those of us who like to buy the number we need.  Here's the site for a peek.  Really fun to browse or buy.
http://www.esthersfabrics.com/index.html

Offline WesternWilson

• Greenwich Minus Eight
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2010, 11:23:05 PM »
I don't think we will have time for all that. I guess I will just put off the birthday shop till I can go down by myself!

Offline jodiwell

• My Blog
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2010, 02:14:08 AM »
Janet, If you are at the Zoo, then you are not all that far from Nancy's Sewing Basket. Just head south out of the Zoo on Aurora, take the Queen Ann exit to the west. You can Google it and see... Not that far out of the way. Whatever you decide to do, I hope you have a great time!

jodi

Offline WesternWilson

• Greenwich Minus Eight
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2010, 03:22:49 PM »
Welll, it does sound like I can squeeze in some shops on the route, like Nancy's (a particular shade of pink ribbon is on my list!), but I think I will have to plan a circle tour of the I5 and the shops on the Islands. They sound wonderful! And I guess ending up in La Conner at the museum?!

Thanks for the recommendations, I will let you all know what I find.

Regards,
Janet

Offline jodiwell

• My Blog
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2010, 11:40:48 PM »
LaConnor! I'm jealous! I don't live that far away but haven't been to the quilt museum in over a year. I love that place! There is always something interesting

Offline vtmartha

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2010, 01:23:33 PM »
The Aug/Sept 2010 issue of Vogue Patterns has a great article on fabric shopping in Seattle.  As I don't live anywhere near, I can't vouch for the accuracy, but it was interesting to read.

Gorgeous Fabrics Fabric Mart Fabrics