Stitcher's Guild Reloaded

Advanced search  

News:

Feeling a little lost here on the "Reloaded" board?  All the old threads are still available on SG Classic, including the ever popular "Forum Decorum" thread; a huge variety of mini tutorials and how-tos for making SG's format work for you.
http://artisanssquare.com/sg_classic/index.php/topic,124.0.html

Author Topic: Sharing Inspiration and Project Photos  (Read 86941 times)

Helen M

• Paid Member
Re: Sharing Inspiration and Project Photos
« Reply #630 on: May 15, 2018, 08:31:23 AM »

Bev I love your outfit and your daughter looks great in her jacket.
Sewing in Cheshire

fzxdoc

• Administrator
« Reply #631 on: May 15, 2018, 12:07:03 PM »

Bev, how you just happened to have the perfect fabrics to showcase that embroidered neckline piece speaks to the depth of your stash. Hooray! Because they work perfectly together. I really love the way this ensemble looks on you. Congrats on doing such a nice job of hunting/gathering and sewing!

Melinda, that is such a cute fabric--no wonder your daughter fell in love with it. I liked it so well I ordered some in mint green for a baby dress for my granddaughter. So thanks for the inspiration!

You really did such a beautiful job on that jacket. I like your changes to the pattern instructions (lining and interfacing certain areas) to make the jacket beefier and better made. Can you share the welt pocket insertion link, if there is one? Your pockets are so perfect.

I bet your daughter's face lit up when she saw that jacket. I hope you got a big well-deserved hug.

Kathryn
My blog: I Made This! at http://imadethis-asewingblog.blogspot.com/
Flickr Photos: https://www.flickr.com/photos/72428033@N00/albums

2018 Dress a Month count:

CCL

• Paid Member
    • My Flickr Photo Stream
« Reply #632 on: May 15, 2018, 12:50:13 PM »

Melinda - what a great present and surprise for your daughter.  And what a professional job you did!    Fzxdoc, how did I miss commenting on all those cute cute grandkid projects - the embroidery alone is too adorable.  How much fun must you be having getting to sew for her.  Can't wait to see how the baby dress turns out in the Melinda-inspired fabric. Bev, I am still marveling over how you managed to spot, grab and then adapt that neckline piece. 
Thank you all for the wonderful inspirations.

Melinda_B

• Paid Member
    • Better Than I Planned
« Reply #633 on: May 15, 2018, 01:40:34 PM »

Can you share the welt pocket insertion link, if there is one? Your pockets are so perfect.
You can download the instructions for the jacket here https://jalie.com/product_printing_guide/3675.pdf The welts are actually a part of the pocket piece, rather than a welt with a pocket.

I bet your daughter's face lit up when she saw that jacket. I hope you got a big well-deserved hug.
I did indeed, and so far everyone has loved her new jacket.

I hope your grandkids enjoy the penguins as much as my daughter does!  I spent quite a bit of time going between the grey and mint versions, and only ended up with the grey as I had purchased a different fabric on a mint base just prior to that. 
Melinda

Perth, Australia
Personal Blog - https://melbrennan.com/

sdBev

• Paid Member
    • sdBev
« Reply #634 on: May 15, 2018, 03:25:47 PM »

Bev I love your outfit and your daughter looks great in her jacket.
umm, was this compliment meant for someone else Melinda?I dont have a daughter.

Eta when I realized it was directed to Melinda.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2018, 03:28:37 PM by sdBev »
sdBev

Helen M

• Paid Member
« Reply #635 on: May 15, 2018, 04:49:36 PM »

Oops sorry Bev, I had meant to put Melinda's name ahead of that part of  my comment. I got distracted I remember and posted without double checking that it made sense.
Sewing in Cheshire

sdBev

• Paid Member
    • sdBev
« Reply #636 on: May 16, 2018, 03:24:58 PM »

Oops sorry Bev, I had meant to put Melinda's name ahead of that part of  my comment. I got distracted I remember and posted without double checking that it made sense.
Its OK. i figured it out. I was just so confused initially. Probably should have taken an extra second to think myself.
sdBev
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19   Go Up

Fabric Mart Fabrics Style Arc Sewing Patterns Put Your Ad Here
Put Your Ad Here Put Your Ad Here Put Your Ad Here