Author Topic: Huskylock 936 Serger Help, Just purchased  (Read 3326 times)

Offline passionsewer1

• New (or Just Quiet) Member :)
Huskylock 936 Serger Help, Just purchased
« on: June 26, 2010, 12:12:37 PM »
Hello everyone, I just purchased a 936 at a great deal. It cost $400.00 used. It looks wonderful. I feel so overwhelmed! I have the books that came with it and is already treaded for the 4 thread woven lt. overlock. What adjustments do I need.? Does anyone know what settings t use on this. There are two needles in place on the C D slots in the back. I think I need to get new needles to start with, will go buy them today. I need all the suggestions to help me. The vhs tape that came with it seems to be broken inside, how I wish I had it a working tape.  Thanks for repies.

Offline Kathy in NE Ohio

Re: Huskylock 936 Serger Help, Just purchased
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2010, 12:29:48 PM »
Congratulations on your 936.  Your LED screen will tell you where to set the tension wheels.  There is a line on the bottom above the symbols that will have numbers above them.  Take the time to read your instruction book while you are sitting in from of your machine.  This an easy machine to learn to use.  As long as the machine has been well maintained, everything should work well.  Just take your time, one step at a time and you will do fine.

This link will take you to the Viking site.  There are good visuals here and threading guides that are very good.  http://www.husqvarnaviking.com/us/421.htm

« Last Edit: June 26, 2010, 12:33:14 PM by Kathy in NE Ohio »

Offline fzxdoc

• Administrator
  • I love to sew, pure and simple.
    • fzxdoc's sewing project photos
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2010, 12:43:43 PM »
Congrats on your new machine, Passionsewer1! Perhaps you can call your local Viking dealer to see if a video for your machine is available for you to borrow or buy. You could also Google "Huskylock 936 Video" and see if there are any links to follow.

Here is some info that we like to give to our new posters to help you get around the site a bit more easily:

1.   Visit the “Are You New?” topic by clicking here:  Are you new? 

2.   Learn about the forum rules by clicking here: Forum decorum...FAQs

3.   Play in the Sandbox by clicking here : Sandbox .  There you can play around with a lot of the features of the site to your heart's delight (like posting photos or creating your avatar) without affecting any of the other active topics.  It’s truly a “no worries” place to play and learn.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask one of us four site administrators or the site moderator.  One or the other of us is almost always around.  On the opening page, at the bottom, where it lists who is online, our names show up in bright red or bright blue.  You can always send us a private message at any time if you need help.

Have fun looking through the site, Passionsewer1. Come back and post often! :)

Kathryn

Offline passionsewer1

• New (or Just Quiet) Member :)
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2010, 05:49:29 PM »
Hello. what about the oiling of the machine, has anyone done this?

Offline Shadowe

« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2010, 07:19:22 PM »
Passionsewer1,

I would suggest this book for starters:

http://www.amazon.com/SEWING-SERGERS-COMPLETE-HANDBOOK-OVERLOCK/dp/0935278583/ref=pd_bxgy_b_img_b

As for oiling, I don't think there is much you would need to oil, other than possibly the loopers and the needleshaft, which I am not familiar with the actual name of!  Your owner's manual should have this information.

For oiling my machines I use a machine oil with a needle pointed tip.  The one I have is very similar to this:

http://www.shopatron.com/products/productdetail/part_number=TFBC20027/1546.0?utm_source=google&utm_medium=shopping&utm_campaign=googleshopping&os=googleshopping

It makes it easy to reach the hard to reach places.

Hope this helps!

Namaste and Bright Blessings,
Shadowe

Gorgeous Fabrics Fabric Mart Fabrics