Author Topic: Lorraine Henry for conselle  (Read 5511 times)

Offline Alice in bama

Lorraine Henry for conselle
« on: March 15, 2010, 10:55:18 PM »
  Lorraine Henry , had some great class at the sewingexpo Can not wait to try her fitting alterations on some patterns
SEWING FOR FUN

Offline sewbarbie

• sewbarbie.blogspot.com/
Re: Lorraine Henry for conselle
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 01:46:52 AM »
She reveals a new way of looking at pattern alterations that really make sense, she makes the adjustments to the seamline.  I tried her techniques on a princess jacket and it fits extremely well; also pretty easy to do as you don't slash the pattern.   All of her info is in the Fitting and Pattern Alteration book, pricey, but worth it.

Shelly
Shelly

sewbarbie.blogspot.com/

Offline Alice in bama

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 09:00:04 PM »
 All of her info is in the Fitting and Pattern Alteration book, pricey, but worth it.

Shelly

Do you have the new one or the first one that came out ?  I have the first one so waqiting for the second one to come down in price
SEWING FOR FUN

Offline Karendee

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2010, 09:23:57 PM »
This sounds interesting. What are the titles of her books? Nothing showed up on my Amazon search for her name. Where did you purchase the books? Are they available commercially?

Thanks in advance,
Karen

Offline martydee

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2010, 09:45:29 PM »
http://fairchildbooks.com/page.cms?id=269

Is this the correct book, Alice?

Marty

Offline sewbarbie

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2010, 11:21:16 PM »
I have the new book, big, red, lots of info and it shows all methods of alteration and gives recommendations for the best for each individual area.  Lorraine Henry has a great measuring system and book called Measuring Made Easy, it comes with a nifty measuring tape that makes it easy to measure yourself.  I find pattern alterations a bit daunting and the seam method makes the most sense to my mind, others may prefer the standard methods.  I would take Lorraine's class again as she give great handouts and a notebook with all the info.

Shelly
Shelly

sewbarbie.blogspot.com/

Offline sewbarbie

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2010, 11:24:10 PM »
You can get her book at:

LH Enterprises, 9590 Via Pereza, San Diego, Ca.  92129.  Send $15.00 post paid.
Shelly

sewbarbie.blogspot.com/

Offline Alice in bama

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2010, 03:15:23 AM »
yes Marty you got the right b ooks the new additions is 100.00
http://fairchildbooks.com/book.cms?bookId=608
SEWING FOR FUN

Offline DeniseM

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2010, 12:51:30 PM »
I've taken several of her classes at past Expos. Haven't tried the seam method of alteration yet but I may do it on my next project, since I'm hearing from you that it works really well. I have a small upper body neck/shoulder/chest area but a large bust so I'm always making FBAs. I'm always on the hunt for new alteration techniques.

Offline Alice in bama

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2010, 09:00:02 PM »
I've taken several of her classes at past Expos. Haven't tried the seam method of alteration yet but I may do it on my next project, since I'm hearing from you that it works really well. I have a small upper body neck/shoulder/chest area but a large bust so I'm always making FBAs. I'm always on the hunt for new alteration techniques.

Please try would love to get you opinion on the techniques  since its sounds so simple why did some think of it years ago.  I too have issues in the upper bust area and upper back . along with FBA  I have a high next I just found that out this expo trip
« Last Edit: March 20, 2010, 05:09:22 AM by Alice in Bama »
SEWING FOR FUN

Offline KayoticSewing

• Toronto, Canada
    • Gently down the seam
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2013, 04:10:23 AM »
I went to the Creative Festival yesterday and today and was very impressed with Lorraine and her fitting methods. It makes so much sense to me.

I've read the great reviews about Judith Rasband and Elizabeth Leichty's "Fitting and Pattern alteration" and it was in my radar for some time... Lorraine uses the same book and approach, and it was very helpful to see her walk through some of the very alterations I (and most of us) need!

She's given me great directions to go forward with the fitting issues.. Now I just have to put it into action.
- Kay

A beginner sewista trying to find her way ...
http://gentlydowntheseam.blogspot.com/

Gorgeous Fabrics Fabric Mart Fabrics