Author Topic: Price of a Bernina 1010  (Read 5059 times)

Offline grs103

• New (or Just Quiet) Member :)
Price of a Bernina 1010
« on: February 03, 2010, 10:53:41 PM »
We dug a Bernina 1010 Sewing Machine out of the closet last week, it was purchased in 1990 for my wife and used very little.  I'd like to sell it but don't have a clue what it is worth.  The only one I found for sale on the internet was on ebay, and it was refurbished so I don't know if it's an accurate value.  I would really appreciate if someone could give a place to start for a machine like this.  Thank you so much.

Offline Sew-Classic

• Sew-Classic
    • Sew-Classic.com
Re: Price of a Bernina 1010
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 01:07:02 AM »
I'm doing some similar research on a much older Bernina, a 117K. 

You want to look at COMPLETED auctions, not active listings.  I found two completed eBay auctions for the 1010.  One was just serviced and sold for about $600 and the other sold for $450.  So, if you plan to sell it on eBay with similar quanity/quality of photos, etc... that is what you can expect to get for it.
"Jenny"
Sew-Classic.com
Discount Sewing Machine Parts & Supplies

Offline hip2sew

Re: Price of a Bernina 1010
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2010, 01:52:14 AM »
I just bought a 1001 which is similar but older, and I paid 100$ for it.  I got a steal.  It should have been closer to about $500.00.

I have seen them selling on craigslist.... do a search "Bernina 1010 site:craigslist.org"  some old postings will come up and you'll be able to sometimes see what they posted it for.  Good luck.  That is a great machine!  Are you sure you want to part with it.

Gorgeous Fabrics Fabric Mart Fabrics Your Button Shop