Author Topic: Price of a Bernina 1010  (Read 8594 times)

Offline grs103

• New (or Just Quiet) Member :)
Price of a Bernina 1010
« on: February 03, 2010, 10:53:41 PM »
We dug a Bernina 1010 Sewing Machine out of the closet last week, it was purchased in 1990 for my wife and used very little.  I'd like to sell it but don't have a clue what it is worth.  The only one I found for sale on the internet was on ebay, and it was refurbished so I don't know if it's an accurate value.  I would really appreciate if someone could give a place to start for a machine like this.  Thank you so much.

Offline Sew-Classic

• Sew-Classic
    • Sew-Classic.com
Re: Price of a Bernina 1010
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 01:07:02 AM »
I'm doing some similar research on a much older Bernina, a 117K. 

You want to look at COMPLETED auctions, not active listings.  I found two completed eBay auctions for the 1010.  One was just serviced and sold for about $600 and the other sold for $450.  So, if you plan to sell it on eBay with similar quanity/quality of photos, etc... that is what you can expect to get for it.
"Jenny"
Sew-Classic.com
Discount Sewing Machine Parts & Supplies

Offline hip2sew

Re: Price of a Bernina 1010
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2010, 01:52:14 AM »
I just bought a 1001 which is similar but older, and I paid 100$ for it.  I got a steal.  It should have been closer to about $500.00.

I have seen them selling on craigslist.... do a search "Bernina 1010 site:craigslist.org"  some old postings will come up and you'll be able to sometimes see what they posted it for.  Good luck.  That is a great machine!  Are you sure you want to part with it.

Gorgeous Fabrics Fabric Mart Fabrics Cutting Line Designs Patterns
Advertise on SG! It's Easy! Style Arc Sewing Patterns Advertise on SG! It's Easy!