Author Topic: Geocaching?  (Read 3766 times)

Offline KC9FMY

• Dennis
    • KC9FMY
Geocaching?
« on: November 24, 2009, 08:17:28 PM »
One of my hobbies is to search for treasure that others have hid. I may use either a map or gps device to search for the treasure either locally or elsewhere in the world. Visit www.geocaching.com for further information.
Dennis
Hobby sewing, geocaching and ham radio

Offline Madrona

Re: Geocaching?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2009, 08:41:37 PM »
Geocaching is lots of fun.  Great exercise, too.  :) 

Offline vtmartha

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2009, 11:28:57 PM »
I've been fascinated by this hobby for quite awhile, although I've never played.  I seem to have enough trouble finding 'treasures' I didn't mean to hide.  ;)

Offline AndrewStiff

• New (or Just Quiet) Member :)
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2011, 12:07:40 PM »
I am the beginner and want to know about the common rules in Geocaching. Is any guideline available for it?

Offline blue mooney

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2011, 01:46:41 PM »
Like Martha I've had geocaching in the back of my mind for some time, but never done it. How does someone get started?

Offline LynnH

• SWAP Contestant
  • Me at 10
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2011, 02:04:57 PM »
While I'm not into geocaching, I did find a website with how to start and more information.
Lynn

Offline Pina

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2011, 05:28:20 PM »
Insanity doesn't run in my family.It strolls through,taking its time getting to know everyone personally.

Offline sew-journ

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2011, 10:02:20 PM »
I geocache, it is plenty of fun.  Read those guidelines very carefully with regard to setting your own cache.  I get almost weekly email from people all over stopping and checking out my cache!  I haven't been out looking lately, but maybe, thanks to you....I'll get busy again 8)

Offline Bunny

• La Sewist
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2011, 09:57:00 PM »
We geocache with the family. We make it a big event and my children and grandchildren all go. We have had great fun as a family doing this. One that stands out in our memory was in a tiny little out of the way park in the North End of Boston. It is great fun and everyone seams to get into it.

Offline JaneStitcher

• My blog: Cut the Scraps!
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2012, 02:56:55 PM »
Geocaching is very popular here in England. For one thing, we have a whole system of public footpaths all over the countryside, so it kind of lends itself to geocaching as there are lots of walks and places to  hide things. I haven't been myself but have some friends who are really keen on it. I keep trying to persuade my husband to go with me, but no interest yet and I don't want to go alone!

Gorgeous Fabrics Fabric Mart Fabrics Cutting Line Designs Patterns
The Smuggler's Daughter Fabric Buttons Patterns Creative Sewing and Smocking Organic Cotton Fabric
Style Arc Sewing Patterns Sailrite Home Sewing Catalog Bootstrap Fashion Custom-Fit Slopers
The Lutterloh System Advertise on SG! It's Easy!