Author Topic: Sandbox II  (Read 72186 times)

Offline Sharon

• Petite and Sewing
Re: Sandbox II
« Reply #70 on: April 07, 2010, 04:11:52 AM »
Sharon, Sydney, Australia

Petite and Sewing

Offline Licarrit

• Trying to find the intersection of Less and Better
« Reply #71 on: April 07, 2010, 11:26:31 AM »
Trying to get the flash button to work for me.

Argh!  :'( What do I need to put in there?
« Last Edit: April 07, 2010, 11:28:15 AM by Licarrit »

Offline fzxdoc

• Administrator
  • I love to sew, pure and simple.
    • fzxdoc's sewing project photos
« Reply #72 on: April 07, 2010, 11:32:40 AM »
You need to insert the  addy of the flash file, in this format:

Code: [Select]
[flash=200,200]
http://somesite/somefile.swf
[/flash]

HTH,
Kathryn

Offline Licarrit

• Trying to find the intersection of Less and Better
« Reply #73 on: April 07, 2010, 11:41:45 AM »
ooh, you're up early! Thanks!

umm, I don't think the code I get from Picasa is going to do it. :-[

Offline Meredith P

« Reply #74 on: April 11, 2010, 02:18:20 PM »
Just testing my weight lost ticker and Signature line.  Yikes!  If it works, everyone will know  :P
Meredith
SM: Bernina 730E, Bernina 1530, Bernina 930, Featherweight 221 circa 1946; Other: Bernette 334DS (serger), Babylock Coverstitch.

Offline notime2sew

« Reply #75 on: April 13, 2010, 05:29:18 PM »

Offline notime2sew

« Reply #76 on: April 13, 2010, 05:31:06 PM »

Offline fzxdoc

• Administrator
« Reply #77 on: April 13, 2010, 09:52:46 PM »
notime2sew, to make a "pretty link" you first type the words for your link, like "See my projects here". Then you highlight the word "here", for example, and click on the world icon above. That will get you this:

[url]here[/url]
then, after the first url, put an = sign and then paste your browser addy for your photosite set page. It will look like this:

[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/8797105@N03/sets/]here[/url]
which will result in
here

HTH,
Kathryn

Offline Hermelin

• Hermelin's stash of blue and yellow
« Reply #78 on: April 14, 2010, 10:38:53 AM »

Offline SewGraceful

« Reply #79 on: April 14, 2010, 04:30:01 PM »
Seeing if I can make a "pretty link"  

I love my Babylock

It worked!  I need to play in the sandbox more often  :confettitoss:
« Last Edit: April 14, 2010, 04:33:08 PM by SewGraceful »

Offline Elona

« Reply #80 on: April 19, 2010, 04:00:33 PM »
hmmmm, inserting images still baffles me. ???
« Last Edit: April 19, 2010, 04:05:31 PM by Elona »

Offline Lisa

• Administrator
  • Eastern Nebraska
« Reply #81 on: April 19, 2010, 04:13:52 PM »
Hi Elona!

Do you have your pictures on a photo-hosting site?  If so, which one?

Lisa
Found: a favorite silver bracelet that I hadn't seen for a while.  On its four quarters it says "Welcome Introspection; Accept Wisdom; Seek Illumination; Embrace Innocence."   It's like a "magic 8-ball" on the wrist...

Offline LyndaC

« Reply #82 on: April 24, 2010, 07:37:42 PM »
Perhaps this is the wrong place to ask this.   If so, I am sorry.  I have been posting for years, and as of the last three or four days the site shows no activity on any of the sites where I post.   This is highly unusual if this is true.  Did I get dropped?   :o

Offline fzxdoc

• Administrator
« Reply #83 on: April 25, 2010, 05:43:41 PM »
Lynda, what link are you clicking "see replies to my posts" perhaps? Also what internet browser (Internet Explorer, Mozilla, Safari) and type of computer (Mac or PC) are you using?

You didn't get dropped, as the site still recognizes you as a member. Sometimes if you delete all the cookies, you will get some lost features back. It's a quirky thing.

Kathryn

Offline LyndaC

« Reply #84 on: April 26, 2010, 01:24:30 PM »
HI, Kathryn,

I have Internet Explorer and a new Dell desktop computer with Microsoft 7 installed last summer that I "thought" we had all the problems out of.  This morning the Louise Cutting thread and this one showed up.  All weekend - nothing.

I emailed DL also and received her reply, but perhaps there was just no other activity this weekend on any of my sites.   Sure.

Lynda

Offline fzxdoc

• Administrator
« Reply #85 on: April 26, 2010, 01:48:22 PM »
Are you talking about the directory of new posts being emailed to you, Lynda?  Or "unread posts" or "New replies to your posts?what link are you clicking on that shows no activity?

From what I can tell, you have had only two replies to your recent posts, one in the Louise Cutting topic and one here in the Sandbox. So if you are asking to see the new replies to your posts, then there is no problem, as there were only two topics which had replies to your posts over the weekend.

Kathryn
« Last Edit: April 26, 2010, 01:51:59 PM by fzxdoc »

Offline LyndaC

« Reply #86 on: April 27, 2010, 06:13:03 PM »
Kathryn, you are probably right.   It just was strange that several days went by when there were no posts to any of my "new replies to your post".  Obviously, it happens.

Offline TraceyG

« Reply #87 on: April 28, 2010, 02:26:58 PM »
Trying to post a picture - testing[img]/Users/traceygreider/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Modified/2010/Apr 27, 2010/IMG_0382_2.JPG/img/Users/traceygreider/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Modified/2010/Apr 27, 2010/IMG_0382_2.JPG

Obviously I am doing something wrong but I have no idea what.  I am just trying to drop and drag a photo from my iphone that I have imported into my laptop but it is not working.

Offline TraceyG

« Reply #88 on: April 28, 2010, 02:51:19 PM »
show image

Offline fzxdoc

• Administrator
« Reply #89 on: April 28, 2010, 03:51:55 PM »
Tracey, it looks as though you got the photo posting figured out. Since your photos are on your computer, you can only post them using the Additional Options route.

If those same photos were uploaded to a photo hosting site, you could embed them in your text instead of showing them below the line of your post.

But it seems as though Additional Options is working fine for you.  Sooner or later (usually within 30 days) photos posted with this method will go away as the topics are archived. Plus photos posted that way take up more bandwidth (SG has to buy its bandwidth) than using a photo hosting site.

Kathryn

Offline LyndaC

« Reply #90 on: May 01, 2010, 09:49:52 PM »
Kathryn, I am trying to learn to post from Picasa.  How do I reduce the size?  Also, it looks as if my only choice is "copy full path".  I see no string of numbers to copy.

See my spring garden =C:\Users\Lynda\Pictures\2442 Vale Drive on 2010-04-10\CIMG1473.JPGhere.

Testing.

That didn't work.   I will try again.

Still not working.   Picasa says my "intranet" setting are off.   I made the album public, but got the same warning.   I really want to post the pictures instead of a "here".[imghttp://picasaweb.google.com/llcriswell/2442ValeDriveSpring2010?authkey=Gv1sRgCNewkfDErMzkHw#5466417669594745186][/img]

Hmmm.   That didn't work, either.  This is why I quit trying to post pictures!    :)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2010, 10:11:05 PM by LyndaC »

Offline Lisa

• Administrator
  • Eastern Nebraska
« Reply #91 on: May 01, 2010, 11:40:37 PM »
Hi Lynda!  Please don't quit!  You're so close...I'm not Kathryn, but maybe I can help? :)

You're not so very far off.  I think this is what you wanted?
(Very pretty garden, BTW :))

The second set of code that you used is the one I worked with to get your image.  The first is a link to the file on your computer...and the board's software can't access your computer--which is a good thing, so you need to have the image posted to a website.  Your second set of code is from your Picasa WebAlbum, so perfect to work with here!

You were almost right with the code, so let me show you the two things that need to change.  Here's the code for the second link as you posted it:

[imghttp://picasaweb.google.com/llcriswell/2442ValeDriveSpring2010?authkey=Gv1sRgCNewkfDErMzkHw#5466417669594745186][/img]
1st, the closing bracket of the first "img" tag is in the wrong place (you have it after the url address).  It needs to move to the immediate right of the "[img" that starts the code string.  Your code will then look like this:
[img]http://picasaweb.google.com/llcriswell/2442ValeDriveSpring2010?authkey=Gv1sRgCNewkfDErMzkHw#5466417669594745186[/img]Which will get you the infamous "red-x in a box" (or "blue-? in a box" if you're using a Mac), thus:

The good news is that getting that result means that we're getting the image tags to do what we want them to...so that's good!  But what they find when they go to the address we've given them for the image isn't an image file. :o  Which is the second thing to fix.  So...

2nd, the url address you've used for the link is the url for the page the image is on, instead of the url for the image itself. 

We just need to get the right url for your image.  The easiest way to do it is to right-click on the image itself, then choose "properties" from the dropdown menu, then copy the url shown & paste it here.  When I do that on the page with your picture, I get this:
http://lh6.ggpht.com/_CuKT1Dgj6T8/S9yd6H4dCWI/AAAAAAAAD6Y/FsxKbgh0Is4/s512/CIMG1473.JPGOnce you've pasted it here, highlight it again, then click the "insert image" button (2nd from the left in the 2nd row of buttons above), which will put the "img" tags around the code, which will look like this:
[img]http://lh6.ggpht.com/_CuKT1Dgj6T8/S9yd6H4dCWI/AAAAAAAAD6Y/FsxKbgh0Is4/s512/CIMG1473.JPG[/img]That should do it!

Please give it another try, Lynda!  You're really close.

Lisa
Found: a favorite silver bracelet that I hadn't seen for a while.  On its four quarters it says "Welcome Introspection; Accept Wisdom; Seek Illumination; Embrace Innocence."   It's like a "magic 8-ball" on the wrist...

Offline LyndaC

« Reply #92 on: May 03, 2010, 02:23:46 PM »
Good morning, Lisa!   Your encouraging words are appreciated!  
I was in Picasa 3 on my computer, not on the web!   Sorry!

« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 02:39:09 PM by LyndaC »

Offline LyndaC

« Reply #93 on: May 03, 2010, 02:50:07 PM »

I tried this on a post and got the X.  What did I do wrong?

Offline fzxdoc

• Administrator
« Reply #94 on: May 03, 2010, 05:25:55 PM »
Lynda, it looks like you are trying to post 3 photos. You have to click the little picture icon for each single photo. I think you clicked on the picture icon when you had all three web addresses highlighted.

This is what you have:

[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_CuKT1Dgj6T8/S9IIhKFazDI/AAAAAAAAD8I/4F-iMWvYHDA/s512/CIMG1436.JPG

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_CuKT1Dgj6T8/S9IJFOrfLwI/AAAAAAAAD8I/gzTDbxn2-fA/s512/CIMG1458.JPG

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_CuKT1Dgj6T8/S8DZ-t2mveI/AAAAAAAACqs/VFrOylV1OQI/s128/[/img][img][/img]

This is what you need to have:

[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_CuKT1Dgj6T8/S9IIhKFazDI/AAAAAAAAD8I/4F-iMWvYHDA/s512/CIMG1436.JPG[/img]

[img]http://lh6.ggpht.com/_CuKT1Dgj6T8/S9IJFOrfLwI/AAAAAAAAD8I/gzTDbxn2-fA/s512/CIMG1458.JPG[/img]

[img]http://lh5.ggpht.com/_CuKT1Dgj6T8/S8DZ-t2mveI/AAAAAAAACqs/VFrOylV1OQI/s128/[/img]

The last one does not have a .jpg at the end of it, so I'm thinking you didn't get the whole web address for it. If you bracket each photo's web address with the
[img][/img] by clicking the picture icon, you should get this:

Oh, it turns out that the third picture looks like a thumbnail, which may not have a .jpg in its address.

Beautiful yard and gardens BTW.

HTH,
Kathryn

« Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 05:29:48 PM by fzxdoc »

Offline LyndaC

« Reply #95 on: May 04, 2010, 01:03:14 AM »
Kathryn, I am so indebted to you for fixing this on the post!  And I feel like such a doofus.   How do you make them smaller?  I have copied out the instructions, in case I ever get so foolish as to try this again.

Thanks for complimenting my yard, by the way.

Offline fzxdoc

• Administrator
« Reply #96 on: May 05, 2010, 04:38:46 PM »

Linda, in the above three photos, I changed the size by changing the number after the "/s" in the photo's url that you paste into your reply box here.

For example the first picture is the size that you have posted on your Picasa album.
See the "/s512/" in between the slashes in the second to the last grouping?
[img]http://lh6.ggpht.com/_CuKT1Dgj6T8/S9ydiHMl-II/AAAAAAAAD24/HkPX1LaoR2g/s512/CIMG1473.JPG[/img]That means the largest dimension of your photo is 512 pixels.

If you make that number smaller, as I did for the second photo by changing the /s512/ to/s200/, you can see that the photo is much smaller. I chose 200.

[img]http://lh6.ggpht.com/_CuKT1Dgj6T8/S9ydiHMl-II/AAAAAAAAD24/HkPX1LaoR2g/s200/CIMG1473.JPG[/img]
In the last photo, I chose a number in between 512 and 200 for a medium size photo, making it /s400/

[img]http://lh6.ggpht.com/_CuKT1Dgj6T8/S9ydiHMl-II/AAAAAAAAD24/HkPX1LaoR2g/s400/CIMG1473.JPG[/img]

Picasa may have a feature that allows you to choose the desired size for the photo that you want to post here, but I am not a Picasa member, so I cannot see what amenities are offered to members as far as selecting photo sizes, etc.  But for sure if you just get the photo URL from Picasa and paste and
[img][/img]it in your reply, you can just select that number and change it to make a size that you like better.

I hope this helps,

Kathryn

Offline SewRusty

• Sewist Wannabe
  • It just makes me laugh...
« Reply #97 on: May 06, 2010, 12:56:34 AM »
Not sure where else to ask this...

Where can I find out how to see the threads I'm subscribed to--even if they don't have new replies? I was looking for the link to something the other day, but couldn't find the thread it was in because it didn't have any new replies. ??? I mean, if I can find them, I can just drag and drop them into Flock if I have to, but was hoping I could just find them on the site and save the option in Flock for other things that I'd use more often.

OOOOOOOH! SPIFFY! <---OK, why isn't it working?

SA-WEET! <---Is this one working correctly?

I'm such a goof. ;D

Offline Lisa

• Administrator
  • Eastern Nebraska
« Reply #98 on: May 06, 2010, 03:40:31 AM »
Not sure where else to ask this...

Where can I find out how to see the threads I'm subscribed to--even if they don't have new replies?

Go to your profile, click "Notifications and Email" in the "Modify Profile" box to the left.  That will show you all of the threads you've subscribed to.  You'll find more details about subscribing (and unsubscribing) to threads in the "Forum Decorum & Handbook(FAQ)--Get notice (or cancel notice) of new replies"

OOOOOOOH! SPIFFY! <---OK, why isn't it working?

SA-WEET! <---Is this one working correctly?

I'm such a goof. ;D

Not a goof! :)  The sandbox is for playing in...I like to try things out too! ;) ;D

HTH,

Lisa

Offline kickingchicken

« Reply #99 on: May 06, 2010, 05:16:38 PM »
Testing testing

This fabric is amazing, isn't it?

Here is a picture of another fabric, as a .gif.  Wouldn't this make a fun swimsuit?

This is a .jpg of a totally cute fabric:

Offline LizGo

• My sewing pictures
« Reply #100 on: May 07, 2010, 08:01:06 PM »

Offline Lisa

• Administrator
  • Eastern Nebraska
« Reply #101 on: May 07, 2010, 09:00:46 PM »

Hi Liz!

Is this what you wanted?

Is this you?  Nice looking couple.

The only problem with your code is that you used the url for the page the image was on, instead of the code for the image itself.  :)

Go back to the Flickr page (you can click on the image above, if you like), then click on the "All Sizes" link right above the image, and then pick the size you want to show here.  Click on that link, to preview the size.  If it's the one you want, then you can copy the code from the 2nd box below the image, and bring it back here.  This is the code you want between the image tags.  When you finish, the code should look like this:
[img]http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4011/4587529406_4f4fdce68d.jpg [/img]
Give it a try!   :pinkpom: (And let me know if you'd like me to help turn your image into a link too!)

Lisa

Offline LizGo

• My sewing pictures
« Reply #102 on: May 07, 2010, 10:18:55 PM »
Thanks so much Lisa- For the compliment as well as the help!    Yes, that's me and DH...me when I had dark hair anyway. I'm blond this week. ;D

Offline mosew

• mosewz blog
« Reply #103 on: May 31, 2010, 10:35:30 PM »
let's see if I can figure out how to post a pic

Maureen
mosewz

Offline mosew

• mosewz blog
« Reply #104 on: May 31, 2010, 10:36:24 PM »
guess not yet