Here's the code you've used:
You've used the url from your browser's address bar, instead of the pictures url. You'll know you have the image's url when it ends in ".jpg" or ".gif"
You're using Flickr, so there's a special Flickr procedure that I'll give you, but you should know the usual procedure for getting an image url, since that's what you'll use for any other site!
So. To get an image from a non-Flickr site, the method to get the image url differs slightly from browser to browser. Put your cursor on the image, and for IE
, choose "Properties" which will open a pop-up window. Copy the "Address (URL)", for Chrome
choose "Copy image URL", I don't recall the specifics for Firefox & Safari, but they're similar. When you have the image url, come back here to your editing window & put your cursor where you want the picture, click on the "insert image" button (2nd row, 2nd button above the editing window) which will get you the img tags--then paste the image url you copied between the tags.
That's it. You'll be able to see the image when you Preview or Post.
With Flickr, it's even easier. Flickr disabled right-click on images on its site, so that you can't use the "usual" method from the previous paragraph (they want you to direct link only when you also link back to them). But they provide you with a code string that will do all of that and already includes the tags you would otherwise need to add using the buttons above the editing window. Here's how to get your image from Flickr:
1. Go to you image's page & click "Share this" (above the image)
2. Click "Grab the HTML/BBCode Link" which will open a pop-up window
3. Click the radio button next to BBCode near the bottom of that pop-up window (to get the BBCode you need, instead of the HTML code that this forum can't use)
4. Use the drop-down menu to choose the size you want (to preview sizes, go back to the image's page & click "Actions" (above the image), then "View all sizes")
5. Copy the code in the box labeled "Copy & paste the code below"
then come back to your editing window here, put your cursor where you want the image and paste the code.
That's it! When you do that, you'll get this:300217fd_ikat_print
, on Flickr
Please give it a try!