trying to post picture that is on Flickr
Help.......... I'm not getting "properties" to come up on Flickr. What am I doing incorrectly? thanks!
Flickr decided (fairly recently) that they wanted to enforce their policy requiring that all direct-linked photos link back to Flickr. They've disabled right-click for properties.
You weren't doing a thing wrong. However they've made it easy to get the code you need to show your picture and to provide a link back to them.
I see that you tried two different methods. The first one didn't work because the url you used was for the page the image was on, instead of the image itself. I'm guessing that you tried it since you couldn't get the image url (since Flickr disabled "right-click", "properties", etc. so that you couldn't easily get to the image url).
Your second effort was so close!
You used the new Flickr procedure to get the code, but didn't click the radio button at the bottom of that pop-up window to get the BBCode you need for this board. So you ended up with HTML code which this board can't use instead of the BBCode you needed!
For others, the procedure to direct-link from Flickr is:
1. Click the "Share this" button above the image on the image's page,
2. Click "Grab HTML/BBCode" which will open a pop-up window,
3. Click the radio button near the bottom of the window next to BBCode,
4. Choose the size you want from the drop down menu (to preview the sizes, go back to the image page, click the "Actions" button above the image, then "View all Sizes")
5. Copy the code from the little window, then bring it back here and past it in your editing window. Note that you don't need to use any of the buttons above the window. Flickr has already included the tags you need!
That's it! When you do that, you'll get this: My Heart's a Flutter
, on Flickr
Please give it another try!