Author Topic: Sandbox II  (Read 68552 times)

Offline Lisa

• Administrator
  • Eastern Nebraska
Re: Sandbox II
« Reply #140 on: July 09, 2010, 07:24:14 PM »
Hi Bonnie!

Very nice!  (For others who may see this, we strongly encourage you to use a photo-hosting site like Bonnie did.  When Kathryn said that images posted may be deleted after 30 days, it's a bit scary.  But it's actually worse than that.  Attached images can be deleted in a monthly clean-up on Stitcher's Guild.  And if your image was posted a few minutes before that clean-up, your image will be deleted then! :o  Unfortuately the board's software doesn't allow us to discriminate based on when the image was posted.  All attached images are deleted at the same time (so we try not to do the image clean-up any more often than necessary).

HTH,

Lisa
Found: a favorite silver bracelet that I hadn't seen for a while.  On its four quarters it says "Welcome Introspection; Accept Wisdom; Seek Illumination; Embrace Innocence."   It's like a "magic 8-ball" on the wrist...

Offline fzxdoc

• Administrator
  • I love to sew, pure and simple.
    • fzxdoc's sewing project photos
« Reply #141 on: July 09, 2010, 07:34:47 PM »
Yay, Bonnie! It's looking good. I hope you post a lot of your creations here now that you've got a Flicker album. I've missed seeing them!

Kathryn

Offline Jeanie B

« Reply #142 on: July 16, 2010, 12:34:57 PM »
I had trouble posting on "Individual Projects", assumed a moderator block on pix from new posters, not a bad idea. Now I'm having trouble posting here. Of course it this shows up the problem isn't a problem. I posted my project here but wonder if I should now post it on the "regular" board.

Offline Lisa

• Administrator
  • Eastern Nebraska
« Reply #143 on: July 16, 2010, 02:38:58 PM »
I had trouble posting on "Individual Projects", assumed a moderator block on pix from new posters, not a bad idea. Now I'm having trouble posting here. Of course it this shows up the problem isn't a problem. I posted my project here but wonder if I should now post it on the "regular" board.

Hi Jeanie!

No, there's no block on pictures from new posters...you can go ahead and post on any of the boards.  We would encourage you to try direct-linking instead of attaching when you want to show us an image.  Attaching has a number of limitations which don't apply when you direct-link.  You'll find more details about how to show us your pictures here:  "Forum Decorum & Handbook (FAQ)--Posting Pictures"

And welcome to Stitcher's Guild! -- We're always glad when people decide to "delurk"!   :hiding: ;D  :SGheart:

I'll go ahead and move your other post to the SIPP thread (where you said you wanted it), although it would also fit nicely into the "Love to see what others are making (for the under-13 set)" thread on the "Child's Play" board.

If you continue to have trouble, please come back here, try again, and tell us what you're trying to do, and what problems you're having.  If something doesn't work, leave it here, so that we can take a look at what may have gone wrong. :)

Lisa
Found: a favorite silver bracelet that I hadn't seen for a while.  On its four quarters it says "Welcome Introspection; Accept Wisdom; Seek Illumination; Embrace Innocence."   It's like a "magic 8-ball" on the wrist...

Offline Robin

• a little sewing blog
« Reply #144 on: July 27, 2010, 03:45:26 PM »
Flickr has changed the screen layout, so I no longer know how to post a picture.
The link is http://www.flickr.com/photos/alittlesewing/4832122141/

Anyone have any tips?
thanks

Offline vtmartha

« Reply #145 on: July 27, 2010, 03:55:39 PM »
So, Robin, I just played around and this is what I think I did.  I went to my photostream and clicked on a photo.  I then clicked on that photo again and it got bigger.  In the upper right was a place where it said 'view all sizes'.  I clicked on that and chose 'medium'.  Once I had that photo up I was able to ctrl click which may be a different mouse button for you PC user and a drop down window allowed me to select 'copy image address' which I did.  Then I pasted that into the image link here.  It seems to work but I should probably choose a smaller image.  ;)

Offline Sergerqueen

« Reply #146 on: July 27, 2010, 04:50:28 PM »

Just practicing

Offline fzxdoc

• Administrator
« Reply #147 on: July 27, 2010, 05:57:36 PM »
You did it, sergerqueen. Congrats.

Martha, on my Mac with Safari, I just drag and drop the photo into the post here. It works every time, either from the photostream or from a set of photos on Flickr. I just tested it last week when Flickr went to its new format.
ETA: Do this instead

Mac/Safari combo:

1. Select the photo you want on the Flickr photosite
2. From the pull down menu above the photo, select "All Sizes"
3. Select the size you want.(you usually won't want a size larger than Medium for a post here)
4. When the resulting photo appears, just drag and drop it into your post, highlight it, and click on the image icon. When you Post or Preview, the image will appear.

On my PC with IE ,
For a photo in a set:
1. Click the Action tab at the top of the photo.
2. About half of the way down, select All Sizes. If you like the size of the photo you're seeing, don't change anything. Otherwise, select another size.
3. Right-click on the photo and scroll down to Properties. Click Properties.
4. From the box that opens, copy the photo's URL shown in the center of the box. Be sure to get all of it.
5. Come back here and paste that URL into your post. Highlight it, and click the Picture icon above the posting box. When you click Preview or Post, the photo will appear within your post.

For a photo in the photostream, just double click the photo and when the new window opens with the photo in it, follow Steps 1-5 above.

HTH,
Kathryn
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 11:52:30 PM by fzxdoc »

Offline vtmartha

« Reply #148 on: July 27, 2010, 06:05:01 PM »
Thanks, Kathryn.  That would be a bit simpler.  I can't open two windows on my iPad so I'll give it a shot later.

Offline Robin

• a little sewing blog
« Reply #149 on: July 27, 2010, 07:32:31 PM »

thanks Kathryn!

Offline Karen Roth

« Reply #150 on: July 30, 2010, 02:20:21 AM »
Testing.....holding breath...

It worked. Amazing.
Karen

Offline vtmartha

« Reply #151 on: August 04, 2010, 07:06:15 PM »
http://www.flickr.com/photos/vtmartha/4860429949/in/set-72157624653914964/

Kathryn, if you see this, I may need help.  If I just drag the photo in from Flickr, I get the above.

If I click on the image link above and then drag, I get below.  I can't seem to maintain the cursor in the correct spot.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/vtmartha/4860429949/in/set-72157624653914964/

I tried to cut and paste the above, quite sure that would work.  It apparently did not.

So the correct answer is:

Apparently I'm not very good at following directions, which has been verified independently  ;), or we have different settings.  Hoping you can help.

Martha

Offline btriola

« Reply #152 on: August 04, 2010, 08:09:30 PM »
Trying on my Mac
/Users/btriola/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Modified/2010/Aug 2, 2010_2/IMG_0001.jpg

Offline btriola

« Reply #153 on: August 04, 2010, 08:10:59 PM »

Offline btriola

« Reply #154 on: August 04, 2010, 08:17:28 PM »

Offline mardel

• Restingmotion
« Reply #155 on: August 13, 2010, 02:52:26 PM »
I seem to be having the same problem getting a picture to show up from the new Flickr format.  I'm just trying to drag the image from my mac to my post.

Oops, now I got it, I think

« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 02:55:36 PM by mardel »

Offline mom2five

• Blog
« Reply #156 on: August 13, 2010, 10:46:39 PM »
Trying to figure out the new Flicker

Offline mom2five

• Blog
« Reply #157 on: August 13, 2010, 10:47:34 PM »
Help.  can someone tell me how to post pictures now that Flicker has changed. 

Offline mom2five

• Blog
« Reply #158 on: August 13, 2010, 10:53:52 PM »

Yeah... found the directions.

Offline fzxdoc

• Administrator
« Reply #159 on: August 13, 2010, 11:27:22 PM »
Martha, sorry, I was AWOL on Aug 4th (visitors kept me cooking) but anytime you want to give it a try, let me know. I'll try playing with the photos you got when I fire up my Mac laptop.

Mom2five, glad you found the info.

Info for transferring photos from Flickr to a post here:

Mac/Safari combo:

2. From the pull down Action menu above the photo, select "All Sizes"
3. Select the size you want.(you usually won't want a size larger than Medium for a post here)
4. When the resulting photo appears, just drag and drop it into your post, highlight it, and click on the image icon. When you Post or Preview, the image will appear.

On a PC with IE ,
For a photo in a set:
1. Click the Action tab at the top of the photo.
2. About half of the way down, select All Sizes. If you like the size of the photo you're seeing, don't change anything. Otherwise, select another size.
3. Right-click on the photo and scroll down to Properties. Click Properties.
4. From the box that opens, copy the photo's URL shown in the center of the box. Be sure to get all of it.
5. Come back here and paste that URL into your post. Highlight it, and click the Picture icon above the posting box. When you click Preview or Post, the photo will appear within your post.

For a photo in the photostream, just double click the photo and when the new window opens with the photo in it, follow Steps 1-5 above.

HTH,
Kathryn
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 11:54:30 PM by fzxdoc »

Offline fzxdoc

• Administrator
« Reply #160 on: August 13, 2010, 11:44:35 PM »
Trying one of Martha's photos from her photostream on my Mac

Martha, I got this photo here by first selecting "All Sizes" from the drop down menu and selecting the medium size. Then I dragged and dropped the resultant photo.

Now I'm going to try with one of my photos

I'll change the directions for the Mac by editing my two previous posts.. Two weeks ago, I could drag and drop anything on my Mac/Safari combo without having to go to "All Sizes" but now that's not possible. I was testing the beta version of the new Flickr format, so perhaps something has changed since then.

So give this method a try, Martha:

Mac/Safari combo:

2. From the pull down menu above the photo, select "All Sizes"

HTH,
Kathryn
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 11:51:16 PM by fzxdoc »

Offline stashpanache

• Stash's Sewing Blog
« Reply #161 on: August 22, 2010, 09:11:49 PM »
Thanks everybody.  I could NOT post a photo from Flickr!!??!  I have not visited there for quite a while or at least tried to post a photo.  When I right click it doesn't say Properties anymore.  It says something else but I figured it out.  Whew!  With all these mergers going on, I recognize the influence of companies I am trying to get away from.  hehehehe  I consider Yahoo ruined.  ;D

Anyway, I just successfully posted a photo of a pattern but now realize I forgot to attribute the proper source.  Another edit.

Stash
"All things are literally better, lovelier, and more beloved for the imperfections that reflect the human effort that went into their making."  John Ruskin 

"Do all you can with what you have, in the time you have, in the place you are"  Nikosi Johnson

http://sewstashwazzup.blogspot.com/

Offline Becki.C

• RebeccaCPA
  • becki
    • beccabeckstuff
« Reply #162 on: August 23, 2010, 06:46:22 PM »
 I am new here, and I really love this new forum.
I have been resisting the whole photo-site thing for years with Pattern Review.com, so I was wondering if I could link to my PR photos, or my blog photos.  Would that be incredibly tacky?

Offline Lisa

• Administrator
  • Eastern Nebraska
« Reply #163 on: August 23, 2010, 09:09:34 PM »
I have been resisting the whole photo-site thing for years with Pattern Review.com, so I was wondering if I could link to my PR photos, or my blog photos.  Would that be incredibly tacky?

We don't have any objections, however...

Some blogs are set up so that you can't direct-link to images (either it doesn't work at all, or the link is broken by the blog's software sometime after it's posted).  Others allow it! :)  You'll have to test your blog to see which kind you have. ;) ;D

As to PR, I know a number of photo-links have been broken, but I don't know if that's because they don't allow hot-linking to other sites (I'll test this and get back to you), because the image-owner stopped being a PRMember, or simply because the image-owner removed the image (thus breaking the link) to make room for newer images.  Tacky?  I couldn't say, but I probably wouldn't use a PR-hosted image here simply because I don't like the inability to choose the image size I want here, without hosting the image elsewhere.  So why bother with the image as hosted on PR?

It may be easier to open a "free" account at one of the photo-hosting sites that allows direct-linking.  Let us know if you need more info about any of this!

HTH,

Lisa

Offline SewRusty

• Sewist Wannabe
  • It just makes me laugh...
« Reply #164 on: August 23, 2010, 09:21:06 PM »

I concur with Lisa, however, if you have an email account sometimes they have their own free photo hosting--Gmail has Picasa, and I think it's Yahoo that has Flikr...your particular email service may have it's own, I don't really know as I've only used Picasa and Photobucket. Both of those are easy to use, though Photobucket seems to be strictly web-based (meaning it doesn't sync to your computer) like Picasa does. Haven't used Photobucket in a long time though, so that may have changed...

Give your blog a try though, if it doesn't work, the image hosting sites are pretty easy to setup/use and sometimes offer some simple photo-editing options. :)

Offline Becki.C

• RebeccaCPA
  • becki
    • beccabeckstuff
« Reply #165 on: August 24, 2010, 02:39:14 AM »
OK, here goes nothing.  This is from blogspot.
*ETA:  nevermind, it was huge

Is that too big?  The picture, not the skirt.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 02:44:32 AM by Becki.C »

Offline Becki.C

• RebeccaCPA
  • becki
    • beccabeckstuff
« Reply #166 on: August 24, 2010, 02:43:09 AM »
Is this better:

Offline Lisa

• Administrator
  • Eastern Nebraska
« Reply #167 on: August 24, 2010, 05:01:15 AM »
Is this better:

Looks good to me! :)

Lisa

Offline Sergerqueen

« Reply #168 on: September 01, 2010, 02:44:51 PM »

Not sure why this is not working...
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 02:47:30 PM by Sergerqueen »

Offline Sergerqueen

« Reply #169 on: September 01, 2010, 02:49:04 PM »

Still nothing..Does anyone know why I can't get this to post?  I have tried cutting and pasting both where it says "Grab the Link" and "Grab the HTML" codes on the new "Share This" drop down...HELP!!!

If it matters I use Mozilla.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 02:51:25 PM by Sergerqueen »

Offline AnnRowley

• Global Moderator
« Reply #170 on: September 01, 2010, 04:01:07 PM »
Still nothing..Does anyone know why I can't get this to post?  I have tried cutting and pasting both where it says "Grab the Link" and "Grab the HTML" codes on the new "Share This" drop down...HELP!!!

Neither of those codes work here!

Open your picture and choose Actions/ View all sizes and click on the one you want - Medium 500 is fine.

Now right click on that photo and choose Properties; then highlight and copy the address/URL.  [It ends .jpg.]

Use that to post your photo - it will look like this
Code: [Select]
  [img]http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4073/4948532976_39238d85b7_z.jpg[/img]

Which will give you this image

Offline Sergerqueen

« Reply #171 on: September 01, 2010, 04:38:17 PM »

Thanks so much Ann!  I was trying to follow some of the directions above and the ones on the FLICKR site.  Thanks again!

Offline Emily

• SEW Vancouver Blog
« Reply #172 on: October 16, 2010, 03:02:27 AM »
Ok I know what the sandbox is now!

So my first question is how in the world are you ladies making these photo boards with your projects on them? That's pretty neat.

Secondly, I need to know how to post smaller photos using photobucket. Mine are too big.

Emily

Offline Lisa

• Administrator
  • Eastern Nebraska
« Reply #173 on: October 16, 2010, 07:37:52 AM »
Hi Emily!

I can't help w/ the photoboards, but for resizing:

Click on the image in your Photobucket Album, then when you get to to the image's page, mouse over the image.  You should see a menu bar of options at the top of your picture (zoom-in, edit, resize, rotate, share, download, photoproducts, send to phone & delete).  Choose "resize."  ;D That should let you get your image the way you want it!  Give it a try, and add the image here.  That way you can see if it's working the way you want, before you go back to one of your threads!  (Once you've got that, you can also make your image a clickable-link that will take us back to your album.)

By the way, you'll find lots of information on "how-to" do various things on Stitcher's Guild in the thread titled "Forum Decorum & Handbook (FAQ)." Take a look, then come back here and try some of them! :)

HTH,

Lisa

Offline Emily

• SEW Vancouver Blog
« Reply #174 on: October 17, 2010, 09:35:02 PM »
Thanks Lista. I'll work on that this evening.

Has blogs been discussed before? I've noticed many people in the forums I belong have sewing blogs. I'd like to start one, but which blog spot is better. When you search blog hosts there are seriously thousands of pages. What do some of the people with blogs here use?

Emily

Gorgeous Fabrics Fabric Mart Fabrics