You did it, sergerqueen. Congrats.
Martha, on my Mac with Safari,
I just drag and drop the photo into the post here. It works every time, either from the photostream or from a set of photos on Flickr. I just tested it last week when Flickr went to its new format.
ETA: Do this instead
1. Select the photo you want on the Flickr photosite
2. From the pull down menu above the photo, select "All Sizes"
3. Select the size you want.(you usually won't want a size larger than Medium for a post here)
4. When the resulting photo appears, just drag and drop it into your post, highlight it, and click on the image icon. When you Post or Preview, the image will appear.
On my PC with IE ,
For a photo in a set:
1. Click the Action tab at the top of the photo.
2. About half of the way down, select All Sizes. If you like the size of the photo you're seeing, don't change anything. Otherwise, select another size.
3. Right-click on the photo and scroll down to Properties. Click Properties.
4. From the box that opens, copy the photo's URL shown in the center of the box. Be sure to get all of it.
5. Come back here and paste that URL into your post. Highlight it, and click the Picture icon above the posting box. When you click Preview or Post, the photo will appear within your post.
For a photo in the photostream, just double click the photo and when the new window opens with the photo in it, follow Steps 1-5 above.