Author Topic: Six-piece autumn collection sew-along  (Read 81367 times)

Offline RuthieSews

• RuthieSews, sewing in Derbyshire, England
    • SEW RUTHIE
Re: Six-piece autumn collection sew-along
« Reply #210 on: September 15, 2009, 12:21:47 PM »
Oh how lovely. That dress works so fabulously with the oprhan top. A really wonderful outfit that looks great on you :-)

Offline ejvc

• Machine-Knitting Cryptographer and Plan-Bot
  • Me about age 2
    • The Fabulous Dr E's Fabulous Blog
« Reply #211 on: September 15, 2009, 03:19:57 PM »
Hi everyone, I'm back from New York and can't wait to start finally getting my navy/green/grey stuff going for autumn!  I'm glad this sew-along is catching people's attention.  Welcome to our new participants!

Now for a time check!  It's september 15, to make the prize for september you should be halfway done, however you reckon that!  I myself am half done with two pieces but since one of them is a sweater I might have to make an emergency second top!

I'm so excited for next month though because I am going to --- gulp --- attempt a jacket!!!!!  It's the Claire Shaeffer pattern with the funky pockets -- V8333.  And do you know why I can do this?  I handed in the full, revised, draft of my PhD thesis before I went to New York.  Yes I did.  Go me!

OK -- now on to some comments, sorry I haven't hit everyone:

kbenco -- that dress was worth two toiles!  you seem to look consistently great in dresses, and the empire waist really suits you.  congratulations!
lisanne -- off to see your blog
ruthiek -- stop stealing my palettes :-)  seriously yours is gorgeous.

Elizabeth

My blog is at http://ejvc.wordpress.com

Sewing and machine knitting in Karlstad, Sweden!

Offline LauraS.

« Reply #212 on: September 15, 2009, 04:38:38 PM »
Karen, the dress looks fabulous on you and I love the orphan.  I'll adopt an orphan like that any day of the week!  Congratulations, Elizabeth, on turning in your thesis.  Makes the trip to NY much more enjoyable I'd imagine.

The skirt I posted about earlier almost had an early demise last night.  It's M5524-B.  I give myself daily an hour sewing time before DH hits the door in the evening and last night I was cutting the seam allowance on the skirt's contrast band to reduce bulk when it dawns on me that the scissors are just gliding along.  I focus in and realize I cutting the band completely off and am somehow cutting the stitching at the same time!  Thank goodness the fashion fabric wasn't cut.  I think it was providence in any event, as I'd been having second thoughts about the contrast band.  But it was sewn on and I wasn't taking it off.  LOL.  Well, it's off now!  The skirt is done, save for some handwork. 

I've 4 more hours of work and I then I'm off till the coming Monday!  Yippie! I'll start my sewing vacation trying to figure out the jacket pattern to go with this skirt and the teal UFO skirt (only needs handwork???), M5590, (view B tabs, view C length).  I'll post pics before my time is up!

LauraS

Offline sdBev

• sdBev
« Reply #213 on: September 15, 2009, 08:12:27 PM »
I've decided upon royal blue for tops and navy for bottoms.  I am fortunate that I'm starting with a full closet-- OK overstuffed closet.  But it does mean that I want to be more selective about what I acquire/sew.  So I "shopped my closet"; pulled out possibles; did some thinking; went away and watched TV and slept overnight.  This morning I did a detailed analysis (posted it all in my blog) starting with what I need in a capsule.  For me I need 2 bottoms 3 tops and a cover (layering piece, jacket or coat).  I'm satisified to adopt Elizabeths "layering piece" term to describe the last layer.  As I progressed thought the analysis including my accessories I decided for my 6-piece royal/navy collection (2 bottoms 3 tops and layering) I need to make the following: 

• 1 pair dress trousers/pants navy blue in twill or micro cord
  • 2 long sleeve royal blue tops

I also discovered some pieces to which if I made changes they could be used in this navy/royal collection

•           button closure for cardigan (it just needs this closure to look polished)
  •          repurpose Jacket to vest.
  •          jeans return to dark blue by dying

And then I discovered that I really need accessories:

•      navy blue dress shoes
  •      casual navy shoes 
  •      Also I should be watching for and replace my black winter boots

I have all the other pieces (and posted pics of them) to make a successfuly royal/navy 6 piece collection.  Next up:  shopping the fabric stash.

Offline Janis

• My Blog
« Reply #214 on: September 15, 2009, 09:02:19 PM »
Sounds like you have an excellent plan, Bev.  I always forget about the accessories.  Now you have me thinking that I need to include those in my plan, as well.  Let's see, necklace, belt, shoes... ;D
"This is emphatically not a quick project, just savour the process..."  Ann Rowley

My Blog
http://janssewingroom.wordpress.com

Offline Femme1

« Reply #215 on: September 15, 2009, 10:16:35 PM »
It's only been two days, and I've decided I don't terribly dislike my Haiku Two jacket. As a matter of fact, when I got home from work today, I put it on and I'm definitely starting to like the thing!  :smug:  Funny how that works, isn't it?

Here's a pic.  The dress form is much smaller than the real me so the shoulders are drooping on the jacket. If you're familiar with the pattern, you'll notice that I had to make a pleat in the lapel so it would fit into the shoulder. The heavy rayon really grew in the parts that weren't stay-stitched.

Deb

Offline ejvc

• Me about age 2
« Reply #216 on: September 15, 2009, 10:24:50 PM »
Ack, my half-finished sweater has been eaten by moths.  That will teach me.  Must rethink now!

Elizabeth

Offline scarletthread

« Reply #217 on: September 15, 2009, 11:20:04 PM »
Bev, I am looking into purchasing navy shoes as well and having a tough time finding them.  Not a popular color right now.  Please let us see what you find (and where!!)

Eve,  so sorry about the sweater.  Can the damage be darned???  This reminded me to put the lavendar sachets back into my storage tubs where I keep my handknits and stash.

I have patterns and fabrics pulled.  Just waiting for time in the sewing area so I can get going.  Perhaps I can get a storyboard going whilst buring the midnight oil with the newborn. 

Offline sdBev

• sdBev
« Reply #218 on: September 16, 2009, 01:37:12 AM »
..The heavy rayon really grew in the parts that weren't stay-stitched.

But you do kind of expect that, right?  In my cotton crepe, I serged all the edges of the front because I knew it would get a lot of handling.  Did not stay stitch the back, just cut, loosely folded and set aside.  I was surprised at how much the back neckline and back armscye grew.  Fortunately with the serger it was easy to fix.  I placed the garment side next to the feed dogs, set the differential on 1.5 and serged away.  It did ease beautifully.  Still, I was enormously surprised at how much those areas grew while just sitting around, untouched,  no tension anywhere etc!

Online Towanda

• Baltimore , Maryland
    • Life is sew sew good
« Reply #219 on: September 16, 2009, 03:25:17 AM »
If you are looking for navy blue shoes check out www.6pm.com and www.aerosoles.com. I have bought a few pairs of blue shoes from them. Great service, good prices and prompt delivery.
http://lifeissewsewgood.blogspot.com/
Happiness is an endless fabric budget

Offline sdBev

• sdBev
« Reply #220 on: September 16, 2009, 04:03:57 AM »
Whew.  Spent some time shopping my fabric stash and then sorting out what I want to use.  My whole analysis in on my blog, but for 3 garments I'm down to 6 fabrics.
 Pants:

Tops:

I'm getting there

Offline KathrynT

« Reply #221 on: September 16, 2009, 04:11:48 AM »
Deb, I think that is the perfect match of fabric and pattern.  The feathers compliment the Japanese styling perfectly.

Offline Hen

• sewing in New Zealand
« Reply #222 on: September 16, 2009, 06:59:38 AM »
sdBev, I like your fabrics. Cord pants are also on my list for SWAP 2010. And the fabrics for the tops, I really like the floral prints and the butterflies. The colors look so bright, what material is it?
By the way, to my experience it is never satisfying when you try to make jeans dark again by dying. The lively effect of the weave with the light thread on the inside disappears.
Somewhere I read the style advice that you should not combine jeans with blue tops... they don't look similar enough to coordinate and not different enough to contrast... I would not see it so strictly, but it is something to think about.

Offline ejvc

• Me about age 2
« Reply #223 on: September 16, 2009, 08:11:58 AM »
I think it may be too far gone for darning.  I will assess again, but I'm pretty sure.  Also the moths are in the unknit wool.  So no, I'm just going to toss it out, now that I think of it.  I have a longstanding problem with moths.  The best way to defend against them is to make sure everything is clean, sees the light of day often, and is wrapped in plastic with aromatics if you will be storing it for a couple of months.  However, I am too disorganised to always take care of that, and with knitting it's particularly bad as I always think I'm just about to pick it up again. 

Bev, I like your fabrics.  To Hen's point, I wear a lot of blue, but the more heathered varieties which blend a bit more.  If I had to shop those fabrics for three, I think I'd pick the darkest blue, the solid royal for a top, and the navy print with green and royal leaves on the far left for a layer.  I can't remember what you're making though as I know you are taking some things you already have as the basis for your collection.

Femme, I really like your jacket!

LauraS -- um, oops? How many times, indeed, have I been reminded not to sew when it's late or I'm distracted!!

Elizabeth

Offline Femme1

« Reply #224 on: September 16, 2009, 03:11:26 PM »
Elizabeth, that's a real shame about the moth damage. I, too, have a problem with moths. Every so often, I take out my folded wool fabric stash and check for holes or signs of moth infestation. I've tried cedar chips and herbal sachets and spray-on moth proofing stuff. I can't stand the smell of moth balls, so I refuse to use them. I'd love to know what other people have successfully used to keep moths out.

Deb

Offline sdBev

• sdBev
« Reply #225 on: September 16, 2009, 07:04:21 PM »
..And the fabrics for the tops, I really like the floral prints and the butterflies. The colors look so bright, what material is it?
The fabric on the far left is cotton, the floral print next to it is a cottong/poly blend (label didn't say how much, but I'm betting poly is the most) and the solid is a rayon.  The last fabric on the right, I've had for so long I don't remember.  I'll need to do a burn test before cutting, but it feels like a rayon crepe.
By the way, to my experience it is never satisfying when you try to make jeans dark again by dying. The lively effect of the weave with the light thread on the inside disappears.
Somewhere I read the style advice that you should not combine jeans with blue tops... they don't look similar enough to coordinate and not different enough to contrast... I would not see it so strictly, but it is something to think about.
Well I'm game for trying something at least once.  Otherwise I have no fancy jeans.  There are some activities around here where you wear your "new" jeans.  In other places and other times, I would have worn "dress" clothing.  But we're pretty casual.  So I'd like to extend the life of these as my "new" jeans. 

As for the color, I really think it depends on what blues you wear together.  I did have problems with my lighting while taking my pics.  I really didn't understand why.  I was using a tripod, sitting in the same spot, pointed in the same direction.  The difference was rotating the garments and fabrics and a few degrees of sun angling through a single west window.
I think it may be too far gone for darning.  I will assess again, but I'm pretty sure.  Also the moths are in the unknit wool.  So no, I'm just going to toss it out, now that I think of it.  I have a longstanding problem with moths.  The best way to defend against them is to make sure everything is clean, sees the light of day often, and is wrapped in plastic with aromatics if you will be storing it for a couple of months.  However, I am too disorganised to always take care of that, and with knitting it's particularly bad as I always think I'm just about to pick it up again. 

I've also heard of freezing the yarn.  I used to know one lady on the knitting machines list  that had 2 freezers one for food, the other for her yarn.  I, fortunately, have never had issues with moths, but I also prefer blends and synthetics just due to the cleaning processes needed for wools.

Bev, I like your fabrics.  To Hen's point, I wear a lot of blue, but the more heathered varieties which blend a bit more.  If I had to shop those fabrics for three, I think I'd pick the darkest blue, the solid royal for a top, and the navy print with green and royal leaves on the far left for a layer.  I can't remember what you're making though as I know you are taking some things you already have as the basis for your collection.

Thank you.  I figured I needed one pair of dress pants and 2 blouses to make the 6 piece collection.  I already have a pair of navy cords, a royal blue long sleeve sweater and a royal/navy cardigan.  I have several other pieces that I could mix in but that would make it more of a navy collection.  Still if I have to travel, I prefer not to need to wash clothing every night and I would take thoses pieces with me. 

Offline ejvc

• Me about age 2
« Reply #226 on: September 16, 2009, 10:54:28 PM »
Have been rethinking since the vest is no more.  Revised plan:

1) mid-blue trousers
2) mid-blue heathered wool jacket
3) navy silk top
4) silver/navy/green silk top
5) dark sage green polished cotton longsleeved top
6) silver vest

Will show photo of all fabrics soon - I have them all.

Elizabeth

Offline Sewshopper

« Reply #227 on: September 17, 2009, 03:22:03 AM »
I am asking to join your group.  I need to get a fall wardrobe going.  My plan is in flux at the moment but I have a piece of silk to make up in the TSW Now; black fabric for LH Cruise pants as well as the LH Basic Pleat Pant without the pleat.  Next, I have a red, cream and black print sort of knit that is to be an LH Bergman blouse.  From there, I would like a jacket and a couple tees.  All need to be done by Nov. 2 so it would be fun to sew along with all of you.

Karleene

Offline kbenco

• Queensland, Australia
    • kbenco's projects
« Reply #228 on: September 17, 2009, 05:09:50 AM »
Thank you for the dress affirmation. I have almost forgiven it for all the fitting troubles.

Deb (Femme1) Your jacket looks very smart. I think the pleats look great.

sdbev, I fancy the bottom left hand print in particular. I hope you have something fabulous planned for it.

Elizabeth, how awful about the moths. At my place we have 5cm long tropical cockroaches that like to eat natural fibres, and probably moths as well. II suppose it is better than pesticides  ??? I have a lot of super sealing jars but as every bit of food has to live in them there is no room for clothes.

Sew shopper, welcome!

Here is my next piece, a self drafted  :smug: jacket thing. I think the fabric must be a double knit. It is definitely knit, but has no stretch. I find the  fabric really interesting, there are sort of ruffled stripes and a metallic gold thread through it, I have not sewn any fabric like this before. I bought it at Kerryn's fabric world about 6 months ago, and have been dying to use it. It is  mostly polyester, so no good for me as a next to skin layer. Hey, the insects won't eat it!

Karen

what I am sewing  - http://kbenco.blogspot.com/

zora

« Reply #229 on: September 17, 2009, 07:17:39 AM »
I love everything you did, it's a very inspiring thread!

I started a new job and while I need some new clothes to wear on the job real bad, I can't find the time to sew them :( I am so tired when I come home, I don't feel up to sewing at all. I'm a bit disappointed with myself as I didn't even sew last weekend. A six-piece wardrobe sounds like a real challenge at the moment so my new goal is finishing the pants which I need so badly next week and maybe a t-shirt this weekend.

Offline ejvc

• Me about age 2
« Reply #230 on: September 17, 2009, 08:12:02 AM »
Karen, lovely jacket.  I am very glad we don't have tropical cockroaches!

Sewshopper, all are welcome.  Zora -- six pieces is just two a month.  Like the two you are planning in your message!

Elizabeth

Offline ejvc

• Me about age 2
« Reply #231 on: September 17, 2009, 07:24:51 PM »
This post is a quick run-through of everyone who has said they'd like to join AND how many garments they have reported as finished!  Take your place at the table and win the prize!

ENTITLED TO BUY THEMSELVES A GUILT-FREE ACCESSORY THIS MONTH (and racking up 2 yards of guilt-free fabric towards the six):
BC Designs
Marciae
Femme1
Kbenco

LOOKING GOOD - 1 yard of fabric in the bag!
Janis
Odawa
Tricia560
DebbieF

LET'S GET GOING!  WE NEED OUR YARDS OF FABRIC AND GUILT FREE ACCESSORIES!
RuthieK
nolasewer (unofficial!)
Jafael
clambaby
owara
indigotiger (who I notice I keep calling indigojunction for some reason - sorry)
LauraTS
Susan in St John
sdBev
kiltsnquilts
MsFunk
PNRLori
DebbieY01
Carole
JenSA
Miranda (?)
Lisanne
Fiberfan (?)
Kitnrose
Hen
Towanda
Quincunx
Zora
Quiltersfan
Sherril Miller
Laura M
aisling
Rosemary
Morzel
Mary Jo
boofsmom
Laura S
and..........
yours truly

Off to look at my blouse now!  Progress!  Must! Be! Made!

Online DebbieY

• Debs Needle & Thread
« Reply #232 on: September 17, 2009, 10:48:27 PM »
My plans for sewing have not been going well.

I think I will leave the trench making to kiltsnquilts for now, it's already too warm here and I don't want to spend time making it now for it to sit in the wardrobe for the next 6 months. I will put that back on the list for Autumn and I will post an updated plan and fabric pics shortly. Today is ds#3's birthday and also last day of term before the Spring vacation (two weeks) and we've been incredibly busy here but after today I am looking forward to some much needed rest and hopefully a good amount of sewng time.

Keep up the great work everyone!

Offline marciae

• Northern Colorado
« Reply #233 on: September 18, 2009, 12:33:23 AM »
I have a very dark brown pant suit cut out - partially sewn and pressed.  I'm hoping to sew tomorrow!!  I just spent an hour on a sewing room 'make over'.  I ordered a TABLE to put my D1LE on - well, they custom ordered a "table top".  Long story but in looking around decided I could use it on my old old singer sewing cabinet and put an antique refinished library table in here to hold what was on top of the sewing cabinet (computer and printer).  Looks pretty good in here - a bit 'tight' but since I'm the only one in here.....!  We're going back to the cabin on Monday for a week - so I'll be lucky to have 4 pieces done by the end of sept.  The two I have finished I'm not 'real' happy with - but they are wearable.  I'm still 'tweaking'!!  I've traced the Island city/western blouse - want to get that cut out.  I have a vogue blouse that I need to finish.  You can tell I'm just not quite "there" yet with shirts!!
I refuse to tip toe cautiously thru life only to arrive safely at deaths door.
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says...  'Oh darn ........ she's awake!!'
Age may wrinkle the face, but lack of enthusiasm wrinkles the soul

Offline PNRLori

« Reply #234 on: September 18, 2009, 12:42:09 AM »
Everyones plans are coming together great.  I can't wait to see all the finished products.

I'm not getting very far in my plan.  It's changed from my original.  I've decided on a dark brown jacket and pants, a red/brown/tan print cardigan and top, a yellow blouse and a cream top.  I've decided on patterns and am in the process of fitting. I'm not sure if I'll get any actual garments made before the end of the month, but I'm hoping for the two tops, at least.  I'll post pics of the fabric and storyboard in the next couple of days.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 12:52:57 AM by PNRLori »
Lori

Offline Sewshopper

« Reply #235 on: September 18, 2009, 12:55:38 AM »
Here are my fabrics.  It's kind of 'must go with black!'

Clockwise top left: 1.- Blue with black polk a dots viyella - TSW Mixit shirt    2.- Silk multi - TSW Now
3.- Black wool - jacket   4.- Lt Blue sweater knit - LH Boatneck   5.- Red floral print - LH Bergman blouse
6.- 4 print knits - tees to be decided  7.- 2 black pants fabrics one will be an LH Cruise, the other LH basic pleat pant without the pleats.

I have made all the patterns previously though that really does not always make a difference as to how they turn out...

I know that it is more than 6 pieces, but this is my fall sewing plan.

Karleene

Offline JenSA

• Jen's Pots & Pins
« Reply #236 on: September 18, 2009, 02:44:09 AM »
Karleene, you have some funky looking fabrics there. I like... ;)

I've just posted my updated plans on my blog. I'm new to this blogging thing and it took forever so cannot possibly redo it here. So check it out there if you're interested.
My silk top is almost done, I just had a little late night (maybe mixed with some wine :-[) moment and my neck band was sewn on a little skew. I can't really unpick the seams on the silk in fear of leaving ghastly little needle holes, so will remedy the situation by making the whole neckband narrower. I'm just waiting to be fresh-minded and awake again and waiting till I'm actually in that state with kiddies at pre-school and having naps. I've decided on some of the patterns that were TBD and I've cut out patterns and checked that I have enough of the fabric for each. I was determined not to buy anymore fabric for this sew-along, but figured I don't have a suitable white for the one shirt so will just have to shop >:D

Online DebbieY

• Debs Needle & Thread
« Reply #237 on: September 18, 2009, 03:24:18 AM »
I am still thinking and planning but I might go with ....

1. Pants or skirt - black denim or cotton - pattern not decided but something simple
2. Sleeveless Vest - black denim or cotton - Kwik Sew 3618
3. Jacket - undecided (too warm here)
4. Shirt - White Stretch Cotton Shirting with grey/black stripe - McCalls 5433 maybe
5. Top - Black/white/yellow floral stretch cotton - not sure
6. Top - McCalls 5384 or Simplicity 2947

I am working on all new patterns and will see how I feel about them as I go, but this is the plan as it stands atm.

Offline marciae

• Northern Colorado
« Reply #238 on: September 18, 2009, 01:19:39 PM »
Jen - the Bamboo shirt!! That was a TNT "long time ago" I had forgotten about that pattern - may need to dig it out!!  In white that will be fabulous!
I refuse to tip toe cautiously thru life only to arrive safely at deaths door.
Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says...  'Oh darn ........ she's awake!!'
Age may wrinkle the face, but lack of enthusiasm wrinkles the soul

Offline sdBev

• sdBev
« Reply #239 on: September 18, 2009, 07:03:28 PM »
Ive made one and a half deciisions. 
1) I'l use my navy, bamboo microcord in the Loes Hinse European pant (right in pic).  I think this is drapey enough and although I hesitate to make the leg as wide as it appears in the photo, I'm going to make this first pair exactly as she recommends.

The Half) If I make a second pair of pants I'm using the twill, with my TNT pants pattern, but I'm going to cut a front panel as shown in the pic on the left. 

BTW, I used net paint to merge the schematic with a scan of the fabric. 

Offline sdBev

• sdBev
« Reply #240 on: September 18, 2009, 09:29:48 PM »
I think I lied  ;D and I'm happy about it.  I was stuck playing computer specialist to my husbands laptop.  Ended up reinstalling Windows Vista (the new improved more stable version, that dumped in about 9 months).  Anyway, I had to be here, so I started updating my blog.  Writing about the ideas I had, clarified what I'm going to do.  Lots of details on my blog, for those of you who love the thought process.  If you just want the bottom line, here's what I'm planning to sew: (planning today that is) ( and both blouses will have sleeves)

Offline ejvc

• Me about age 2
« Reply #241 on: September 19, 2009, 11:33:23 AM »
Bev, I'm enjoying your croquis!  Fun to do.  Is anyone sewing?  Today is a good day for it. 

I put together a sleeve the other night on my long-neglected shirt.  Felt good.  I've lost the Burda with the instructions -- this is the bib-front blouse with the complicated concealed band below the bib; AnnR made a version of the long-sleeved pattern, LauraLo made it for SWAP 2008 (it's the January 2008 BWOF), and various others have reviewed how to do it.  I'll go find the links because honestly I haven't got a clue about what to attach to what.  I *think* the bottom half-band must go on first because I've marked buttonholes in it; also the band should appear seamless.  I think.  Anyway.  A sleeve I can do without benefit of pattern instructions though, especially emboldened by my little instruction-less dress for Charlotte which turned out so perfectly.

I am dithering a bit on what next.  A vest, I think.

Elizabeth

Offline Priceana

« Reply #242 on: September 19, 2009, 03:32:53 PM »
I am a little slow but have been very busy at work including travel.

I did go on a tangent and make 2 skirts that were not on the collection list.  Why do I do that?  I almost thought about changing the collection entirely but that is the problem with most of my sewing - random and uncoordinated.

Anyway, I have cut out my La Fred Thia Tee (need thread) and a burda top.  Both will go with a skirt I made a couple of months ago.  I may try to get one or two additional pieces cut this weekend.  I like the idea of making up my mind and getting it cut out to help me stay focused. 

I am impressed at others progress.

Offline LauraS.

« Reply #243 on: September 19, 2009, 04:36:38 PM »
I'm sewing today.... once I get my SR floor cleaned up that is.  With two skirts done, my goal was to work on a brown jacket to coordinate with the skirts.  Didn't happen.  I had a coat cut out and waiting and decided to get it done.  so I'm in the middle of that.  It's B5295.  Red version, but think black with red/green flowers and vine.  Once I'm done with that, I'll jump back to the 6PACSA.  Not sure about doing the jacket now as I purchased a jacket from Coldwater Creek yesterday that should work well with this collection. Loved the zz detailing!  When I jump back, I've got a couple of vests that in mind.

Still working on posting pics.  New camera battery needed.

LauraS

Offline Femme1

« Reply #244 on: September 19, 2009, 05:19:14 PM »
Bev,  how cool that you could make your digital croquis. I've used PhotoShop to merge things, but it never occurred to me to try it with fabrics and patterns. Great idea!

Karleene, you've picked some great fabrics for your tops. I envy that viyella...I never see that fabric anymore and I love the wamth of it. (I'm always cold.)

I had some minor surgery yesterday  :o  and will have the next few days off work, so I'm hoping to get more work done on my SWAP. I only have finishing work to do on my Louise Cutting To the Point coat, and decided I want to do some embellishing around the entire outside edge. I tried some decorative stitches, but wasn't happy with the outcome. Then I started tacking (by hand) some decorative ribbon yarn around the topstitching line. I'm still not sure about it, but while I'm lounging here recovering on the couch, I might try some other things. Thecoat is SO large and SO brown, and it just needs something to liven it up.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2009, 06:05:10 PM by Femme1 »

Gorgeous Fabrics Fabric Mart Fabrics